February mummies 2011 <3

Eve, I would be shouting that from the roof tops! Well done and enjoy the back pay.

Totally off the subject, bur my OH has decided I can't go to college now, I have to work- which is fare enough. ( only two days) but I found out yesterday that I'm being made redundent. So now I've got look for another job, lots of pressure from OH.

I feel that my little tone left on paid mat leave will be stressful job hunting. Ggggrrrr.
At least one of us has had some good news.

can you go to college at night ans still work 2 days ? or do a ourse that is distance learning ? not ideal i know but maybe a compromise

I've looked into that and applied... But they said that I have to have a c in maths and still won't accept me even though I'm going to re do my maths gcse- because most people who do evening courses work full time and fail- they don't want there grades to look bad.
The annoying thing is the day time one I was going to do, would accept me on the access course as well as doing my maths gcse. Just rubbish, I'm going to try and blag it though?

what course are you looking at doing?

eve so pleased you got what you were entitled to!!!

I'm a lil worried about joshua, he kept refusing milk yesterday and this morning work up with a nearly dry nappy over 12hours!!!!!!

today has been refusing milk again i think he's probably had between 10-15oz when he usually has nearly 40oz... and has been really unsettled crying or sleeping between his feeds. he's usually so happy and smiley and giggly during the day. hmm.

think i will see how he is tomorrow.....

oh i've ordered these wooden teethers how funky are they! lol

https://greatgreenbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/SROCKLOVEPEACE-TEETHER_0310.jpeg

Eve that is fantastic, I knew your appeal would work, they always do ;) don't know why they didn't just accept it! Anyway who cares!! Virtual drinks are on you!!

Wine I love those teethers, hope Joshua feels better soon :hugs:

Jem, that is a real bummer :( hope it works out for you, it's crap when you should be enjoying maternity leave.

Well izzy rolled front to back again today. I know that's the easy way tho! We went to baby massage again today and we got a free baby massage book and oil:) we loved it, tho izzy did wee on me yesterday, just where it looked like I'd wet myself!! :haha: we also get to go on a 5 week course soon :)

They r very cool teethers!

Clare, what did izzy used to do before when u put her on front?

Eve that's a great way to remember age! Now all I need is u to have one of those tickers. Lol.

I'm feeding lennie his bottle and he's grabbing my fingers and pulling the bottle in and out of his mouth playing with it. Oh and he is doing a poop at the same time. Lol. X

That's great girls :)

Well rach you'll like this - izzy hates tummy time so I haven't been doing it but yesterday I put her on her front. Suddenly right up on her arma and trying to move to toys! Then she rolled onto her back! So I think they build up strength whatever :)

Virginia what do you mean by if she has her hans in front if her, does she put them in the air? Izzy can sit or stand for over 5 mins if she holds my fingers but I don't count that!!

Like, she holds herself up by putting her hands on her legs in front of her. It started out with her grabbing her ankles for balance, but now she holds her thighs. Lol.

oh i see, kind of bent over! yes izzy does that but i guess she's so little shes not very up!

rach when i put her on her tummy before she lifted her head a little and looked from side to side, then moaned and ate the mat!!

Those teethers look fab, i'm looking to do the access course to get onto midwifery.

Rach that made me laugh, I always come on here whilst I'm giving demi a bottle.

Strange question I guess?
I wandered how your babies wake you up during the night?
Demi just wiggle and sucks her fingers like mad, no noise- so I just get up to give her milk. She doesn't have a dummy so I can't give her that?
Anyways, I'm thinking that if I move her into her own room(next door) I won't hear her sucking her fingers and moving- so maybe she will just go to sleep?

Wine I noticed you feed Joshua at 10- do you wake him up or is that a 'dream feed', coz I may try that?

We are off to my dads today, who we have not seen for a few weeks, Demi got a bit tearful yesterday when my sil held her. Be interested how she reacts today?

Hope everyones babies have had a good night, lol.

Ha ha lucky, that what Demi does, she often gets a mouthfulof my hair if I put her on the carpet!

thanks jem :) yep izzy slept 8-6 :) she woke me by crying today but before that she often coos which wakes me....sometimes!! shes in her own room in a cot but its right the other side of the wall from my ear iykwim!!

and yes i was giving Whizz a bottle too!! i guess we do this instead of sit in front of the tv!

jem - i put her on a playmat so she doesn't eat dirt!!! but shes ok now as shes suddenly up on her arms :dance: so i'll leave her in the dirt!!

Jem at first I was feeding around 7, 10.30, 2.30, 6, 10 but now I have changed it to 7, 11, 3, 7 and he's still sleeping through. Not from 7 though he usually stays awake with us after his 7 feed then we put him down around 9 and he wakes up about 7am.

When I was doing the 10pm feed he just stayed awake till then lol!

Jem have you looked into distance learning centre? They're who I did my access course with at home and meant I could choose to do it whenever I had free time

Xx

Ha ha lucky, that what Demi does, she often gets a mouthfulof my hair if I put her on the carpet!

Joshua does this lol he only lifts his head briefly before letting it rest on the floor eating his blanket and squirming! I leave him there for a min and lift him and there's a big drool puddle lol

I try and lay lennie on anything clean - even his playmat isn't clean anymore cause I can't keep the dog off it. Hopefully lennie will be up on his arms soon too!

Jem maybe sucking the fingers might be a way of self settling so she may just go off again on her own. I think that's half the reason lennie isn't waking us up as much cause he can suck his thumb no problems now! In the day when he does it I swap it for his dummy, but he's even started to take his dummy out of his mouth and replace it with his thumb. Lol. It makes me laugh - it makes him look so cheeky.

I need some advice about lennies feeding - he's not projectile vomiting no way near the amount he was before - but he still chokes a lot - the hv said when he was weaned the food would help the vomiting, but now that's not really an issue to worry about - would it help choking? Or would he still choke? X

wine - hope joshua is ok , have you tried giving him some boiled water to drink just so he is hydrated ?
love the teethers im a sucker for wooden toys we have lots of pintoy and plantoys etc here.

holly wakes me either by crying or if we are co sleeping she just starts ferretting around my boob trying to latch herself on lol

we have decided to try her on a dummy tonight , i am not a fan and never used one for the boys but holly is using me for a dummy and if i try to move her off she has such a fit so im thinking its worth a try - opinions ?

rach - i dunno about the choking thing tbh .

holly is starting to grab things at last but still not interested in rolling or sitting , she is obviously gonna be a lazy arse like me haha

went swimming again today she lasted about 40 min this week she seems to like it though , its handy that ds1's lesson finishes when public swim starts so we have all been going in together , ds2 is getting the hang of swimming too now :)

Lucky - I'm delighted that Izzy is doing so well now! And all the babies of course although I know lucky was really worrying about weight and I know how that felt! Luckily its a distant memory now and the Devmeister is piling on the pounds now - He is averaging a pound a week so we are delighted and STARTING to relax about him again! He is almost back up to the 50 percentile so we're delighted. His lil cheeks are starting to wobble and vibrate too :awww: He is such a happy and good little thing. He just smiles and gurgles all day long except when you take the bottle out of his mouth before he's finished but I find that cry so cute that he gets annoyed with me coz I always laugh at him when he's giving me his 'how dare you I'm so angry' attitude!!! hehe - can't help it!
Jellybean (winegums for those raising quizzical eyebrows!) thanks for the detailed weaning info. It's an issue that everyone is really agonising over by the look of it so it's good to be given all the viewpoints.

Devin is 'technically' sleeping through the night other than the bottle we give him between 11 and 12 (speaking of which...must go soon) which we have to wake him for - He doesn't like it and hopefully in a few weeks when his solids are more established we'll look at phasing it out but for now its a must for us. I say 'technically' because HE stays asleep but my goodness does he go through phases of slamming his legs on the bed. The main phase of it starts at 4.45 every morning.....EVERY morning! I've been trying to figure is there a neighbours alarm going off at that time or some machinery whirring somewhere or what because it's ALWAYS within a minute or two of that EXACT time??? WTF? It started when we were away on our few days break shortly after the hospital though so it can't be that. So bizarre. He lifts his legs right up in the air and then slams them down SO hard on his cradle that he actually physically moves it on the ground. Any suggestions? It's doing my head in coz it wakes me right up and I just lie there watching it every morning. Generally after about 15/20 mins of this he stops doing it but sometimes he kicks it off again an hour later or so..... grrrr. Somehow Ed manages to sleep right through it!

Our weaning process is going well although we had parsnip puree yesterday and today and the faces he pulled would lead me to believe he may not like it! V funny - he eats it but doesn't look like he enjoys it - unlike butternut squash which makes him squeal with happiness! He LOVES it and throws his hands and legs about the place while laughing after each bite!! So very cute! Ed took the video we made of his first solids and put it to music and put it on cute frames etc. It's on invite only on Youtube coz he thinks everyone would be interested in seeing it and has sent the link to many (bless him). Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_kd_bva66k although given that you all have gorgeous babies of the same age on here I'm sure you're as interested in seeing my baby performing as you are in watching paint dry...even if he is the cutest baby of them all!!!! I'M JUST KIDDING............... (kinda sorta but not really!!!) ....no really I am...I'll stop now!!

Anyway, I'm delighted everyone's lil (gorgeous) baba's are doing so well and that everyone is enjoying them so much (aside from the broken sleep ARRRGH).

LAter.....

loved the video and soundtrack lol ! , he seemed to really enjoy it , i remember both my 2 not being so keen 1st time round !
from my experience if they dont like something , try it again a few days later always worked with my 2.

ok random parenting tip from me now ... bright start links - i bought a new packet for H as we seem to have lost some - this will be one of the best 3 quids you will ever spend , use them for changing around stuff on your play gyms for variety , use them for hanging stuff on car chair , bouncer , high chairs , take them out with you, will amuse them just having a chain of 5 kept in your hand bag, as they get bigger will amuse them while they make their own chains combos , my boys still like them now 5 and 3 years on
here they are in action :
https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r105/claire_d_spencer/IMG_4733.jpg
bit ott in that pic but the boys got carried away

Thanks chilly! she is doing well but is still v slow at putting on weight :shrug: but is happy and seems to be hitting milestones so i'm happy (but still a little worried!!)

your video is great - i love the bt of food on his forehead, they get sooooooo messy dont they, espec when their hands end up in their mouth too! love it!! And lil lob looks HUGE no compared to Whizz, he is just gorgeous :)

well i went out yesterday afternoon with my firnd to chose a ball dress :) First time i left Whizzy with her daddy for longer than an hour! How liberating...i didn't actually think/worry about her much at all :dohh: and we went out to dinner at DBella Italia too and got in at 9, go me!!

but daddy had decided she looked tired before 7 so put her in her pyjamas (no bath) gave her HALF her 7 o'clock bottle, she fell asleep so he put her in bed...no 9 o'clock bottle at all :( i wasn't impressed..so surprise surprise she woke at 2.30, for HIM to feed! but it woke me up too and i had to get up at 6.30 with her :grr: if he has stopped her STTN (for a week and a half now) i am going to KILL him :)

oh nice one lucky , i still havent left H even with hubby for an hour yet , she has spent every second with me , its hard work lol !
hope it was just a one off and she goes back to sttn for you .
we co slept again last night , i feeli like im going backwards with the sleep . the zombie look is not suiting me tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->