February mummies 2011 <3

I do think it's odd how it's that mothers are ment to feel able to talk to the hv, if they feel down, etc. I've met mine twice and she would be the last person I would talk to!
Instead, I was frantically scrubbing my house incase she would think my house is dirty and I'm a bad mum!

Eve what dummies have u tried? Lennie won't take any dummy apart from avent ones.

Made me laugh about amazon post - reminded me I should look on there for a rounders set I want to buy for hols!

I do feel lucky lennie is not going through a sleep regression - my nephew is and reading your posts on here, I think I'd go crazy. What is a sleep regression anyway?

I find my OH the most annoying when I am due on - I don't even realise I'm due on and then my period starts and I'm like maybe I should go apologise for being such a cow. Tbh it's a relief when it starts cause I know I'm not cracking up. X

we have tried 2 sorts of tommee tippee and a nuby so far .

shewent in her own bedroom again last night 9:30 - 4:2 so we are improoving loads , however she just had her jabs so no doubt will be grumpy later , i didnt realise they now have 3 jabs at this one , the nurse said it changed recently they only used to have 2 , still all done till 13 months old at least but ds2 has to have his pre school booster in 3 months time eeek !

Eve try Nuk dummies! It's all Devin will take and they are recommended specifically for breastfeeders.

Eve what dummies have u tried? Lennie won't take any dummy apart from avent ones.

Made me laugh about amazon post - reminded me I should look on there for a rounders set I want to buy for hols!

I do feel lucky lennie is not going through a sleep regression - my nephew is and reading your posts on here, I think I'd go crazy. What is a sleep regression anyway?

I find my OH the most annoying when I am due on - I don't even realise I'm due on and then my period starts and I'm like maybe I should go apologise for being such a cow. Tbh it's a relief when it starts cause I know I'm not cracking up. X

we have tried 2 sorts of tommee tippee and a nuby so far .

shewent in her own bedroom again last night 9:30 - 4:2 so we are improoving loads , however she just had her jabs so no doubt will be grumpy later , i didnt realise they now have 3 jabs at this one , the nurse said it changed recently they only used to have 2 , still all done till 13 months old at least but ds2 has to have his pre school booster in 3 months time eeek !

lol, or try avent - its worth a shot trying the different types of dummies cause I think these babies know what they want. lol. x

B gags on soothers if she doesn't refuse it.
We did a bit better last night, she sept from 10pm to 2am in her crib.

well H passed out at 8 last night but only went to sleep till 2 ish she was burning up (due to injections i presume ) so from 2-7 she wasnt settling very well but is fast asleep now so hopefully she is over that as last times she has had a dodgy 24hours after her jabs then been fine, def going to get her weighed this afternoon .

H is 13lb 3 still plodding along nicely on the 25th percentile , they said to go back in a month to discuss weaning ...fun lol!

mm, like you don't know how to wean lol!

well done holly :) (and mummy's boobies!!)

Lennie woke up at 5 this morning.........OH kept me awake last night talking, I didnt dare look at the clock to see the time.............the way I am feeling, I don't think I got much sleep. x

So yesterday Eds Mum came over to visit. She hasn't seen Devin in almost two weeks and she was amazed by how big he is getting :dance:. But as I was making her a cuppa I turned around to her and she was sticking a fucking kit kat finger in his mouth and he was sucking away on it - wtf?? :shrug: I despair! And this only minutes after I was telling her about his allergic reaction to banana yesterday morning. Well I FREAKED OUT! Seriously - he is 4 months old and he has a confirmed bloody cows milk allergy! COME ON!! This - by the way - is after several other heated discussions in the past about her lifting him out of his cot when clearly being told not to and insisting that I should have been spoonfeeding him meat at about 10 weeks old!!! FFS! Anyway, today she knew how pissed off I was. I usually try and keep a lid on it because I don't want us to fall out but this was just too much and he has to be my priority! She was talking about babysitting him overnight or for a weekend and I said 'I seriously don't know if I can let you babysit' and she said 'what do you not trust me'. I said well...NO! Why the hell would I? Jeeez! Soooo not impressed! When I told Ed about it he was well pissed off with her too and is fully supportive of me on it so that's a good thing.

izzy woke at 7 :happydance:tho was a bit worried she had died :blush: as she didn't wake us at 6.30!!

oh god chilly , id have gone mental too glad that your hubby is onside though .

clare - i am insanely jealous !

we had a shit night again , my mom thinks this is my comuppence(sp) for having 2 brill sleepers before H. H fell asleep at 8 she was proper floppy so i put her in the cot , she woke when i went to bed at 11:30 so i fed her but she wouldnt settle back off till 12:30 then she woke up at god knows what time but was still pitch black so id guess at 3 lastest , then from that point until the alarm at 7 i had fed her twice off both sides ..meh i feel like cack , she seems fine though rolling about looking cute and wideawake.
i am hoping i can convince hubby to take ds1 to his swimming lesson tomo so i can lie in lol (wont happen )

Hi ya everyone.
Chilly I would not be impressed!!! Thank god I get in with mil!

Well, Demi has slept through the night the past four....., so here's hoping I can hold out in weaning till 6 month.
At least there is light at the end of the tunnel, let's hope the other babies follow suit and give you mummies a break.

I got Demi weighed, she is 13lb 9oz! Still a skinny minny but I'm happy.

What everyond doing for fathers day and what you got for the daddies?

I got some silver cufflinks with Demi's finger print on. ( Shaun already has my first childs) so now he has both girlies.
While I got Demi finger prints, I got my girls foot print done for another set of cufflinks- a present, from our girls, on our wedding day.

Chilly, ffs! What was she thinking?! I'm so glad you stuck your ground and were completely honest with her.

Jem I love the idea of cufflinks. That sounds lovely.

Father's day is actually my birthday as well! I lost both valentines day and now my birthday this year. grrrr. :lol: Hubby and I will go see a movie and then probably just go have some dinner as his mum is in town and she'll watch Phoebe for us. I got him some sort of lap pillow and a pen for work that said best daddy. I'm sure those gifts get cheesey after awhile but I know he'll love it for the first father's day he has :)

my hubby didnt want anything so we have just got him some choccies etc and a nice personilsed card from funky pigeon with a photo of the 3 kids on it , we were getting him an engraved swiss army knife but hes decided he doesnt want it now so meh ..

well my porky baby now weighs 11lb 6!!! last week she was 10 lb 12 and i was disappointed she onlt put on 2 oz in a week, now she has put on 10 oz in a week mental!!! she is now above the 2nd centile :happydance:

and she is 17 weeks so will prob give her some porridge tomorrow :)

oh and hubby didn't bother doing anything for mothers day so i'm not bothering much for fathers day :haha: the girls have made something out of clay and i did izzy's footprint. but theyre not painted. we were going to do that today but hubby is going out drinking tonight so i am well pissed off as we are trying to save money so i can be off with izzy and seems like only i am saving :grr:

and chilly no wonder you were mad!! luckily my fil and mil couldn't give a shit about my kids and haven't met izzy yet! :haha:

my fil hasnt met holly yet either clare and only met evan and jake twice ..good old families eh !
yay for good weight gain though :D

Thank for reinforcing my feelings girl. Much appreciated! Jem, I have always gotten on brilliantly with my MIL - to the point where Ed has often felt left out but since Devin has been born I just find her hard to cope with her. It's almost like she feels like as his granny she is entitled to treat him however she wants and doesn't have any respect for what EITHER of us say in relation to him. I think she wants to be seen as the fun fab granny and is starting as she means to go on in 'spoiling' him. I get that and LOVE spoiling my nieces and nephews and love that they love doing things with me so much but thats when they are older and not so vulnerable. It make me sad to think that our relationship could really become strained if this behaviour continues but I can see it going that way if she doesn't rein herself in. :nope:

I ordered a mug with 15 photos of Devin on it and a personalised photo card aswell - Neither of them arrived in the post yet so I'm a bit gutted about that! Still I guess they'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday and he'll get a bonus fathers day. Anyway - Devin bought him tickets for the Saturday of 'Oxegen' - It's a music festival here and the Foo Fighters are headlining - his fave fave fave band so am really excited to give them to him and my Mum is lined up to babysit for that whole day so we can really chill and enjoy it! Devin also bought him boring pj's - he doesn't really wear them in bed :winkwink: but loves lounging around the house in them and they're kinda cool ones! I can't really compete with my Mother Day pressie of a new car but I think I've done enough to make him feel special! Next year it'll be a piece of paper with whatever dollop of paint Devin manages to get on the page!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->