February mummies 2011 <3

aw, you just need to be organised virginia and have healthy food around. plus i aim to walk 3 miles a day with the pushchair which we both love :)

Just start slow with the sewing...I started by making cloth wipes and cloth diapers. Both of those things are really easy to start with. I also had to learn my machine well - especially the tension - or else each project would take me forever because I had to keep fixing things. I bought myself a new sewing/embroidery machine for my birthday, and I'm still learning it a week later! lol Practice is a biggie, which I know is hard to come by! I sew in the middle of the night! :dohh:

I'm so jealous of you ladies who are losing all this weight...I haven't lost any since I dropped it all a couple weeks after birth...It probably has something to do with not being able to find time during the day to eat, so I end up eating a whole tube of Pringles while nursing...or the random s'mores I eat in the middle of the night when taking a sewing break! :wacko:

nursing and snacking go hand in hand dont they , esp when NIP im like oh well H wants feeding might as well go in this cafe and have a slice of cake and a cuppa lol !

tension ..hmm thats prob what that random dial is then ..off to google what i should be doing with that . Is embroidery hard ? santa might buy me a modern machine if i get on ok

So much to catch up on!
Well done lucky on the weight loss! I'm 4lb off my pre pregnancy, but my figure has completely changed since after my first. My tummy before went down to pre pregnancy, but no I've got meat there. Never mind, two beautiful girlies to show for it.

I'm off to Brighton for the weekend (my hen weekend) so Shaun has both girlies fro
tomoz afternoon until sometime on Sunday. He has never had both girls by himself so who knows how he will cope? He has the worst patience ever, so I feel for the girls, ha ha, moody daddy!
I can't wait for some girlie fun, it's been way too long!

Demi has been making some strange growling noise today, sounds like a monster.

Wine, your friends baby will look so tiny. I saw a 4week old baby yesterday and he made Demi look huge.

My friend is one day over due today, was hoping for a huggle before I go to Turkey in Tuesday?

What everyone else got planned?

eve - have you tried her putting food in her mouth? i wouldn't have said izzy is that good but she just picked up strawberries and ate them in her high chair. v v messy!!

izzy isn't crawling far but if i turn away she is in a significantly different place :dohh: i think my hope that it was a one off may be in vain :( she just seems too young to be on the move to me :)

ooh exciting stuff jem , have a great hen party hope oh copes ok ! are yiu getting married in turkey ?

clare - no we havent tried hr with anything yet , hubby says she will soon learn once there is yummy food lol

No I'm only going to Turkey to get a sun tan (my mum has a holiday home there. I am back on the 3rd august and get married on 13tg August.

Demi was hungry a bit earlier than when her bottle was due, so I gave her some baby cereal and she loved it!!! So I think I will slowly introduce solids whilst on holiday (I got some jars to take) and I will produce some lovely home cooked stuff when we get back.

Think I missed a couple of posts?? So lucky have you started weaning? Or did you just see what Izzy did with strawberrys? I gave Demi a bit of cucumber to suck on and she loved it. Think in going to check out this baby lead weaning malaki.

oo i missed you rpost!! yes i started weaing with porridge and fruit a few weeks ago as she had struggled to put on weight with her milk. we started just holding the fruit for her to give her the taste but i just stuck it in front of her on the high chair today and she could reach grab and suck successfully, then drop all over the floor, her seat and herself successfully :haha: she liked being in charge tho :)

aw, you just need to be organised virginia and have healthy food around. plus i aim to walk 3 miles a day with the pushchair which we both love :)

I wish it was cool enough to walk outside...We've had 104 degree (Fahrenheit) weather for the past week...UGH...plus it's extremely humid here...and in the evening, the mosquitoes are HORRIBLE =( Hopefully we actually have a fall...we got jipped out of our spring...it went from 30 degrees to 80 degrees with no in between...

Just start slow with the sewing...I started by making cloth wipes and cloth diapers. Both of those things are really easy to start with. I also had to learn my machine well - especially the tension - or else each project would take me forever because I had to keep fixing things. I bought myself a new sewing/embroidery machine for my birthday, and I'm still learning it a week later! lol Practice is a biggie, which I know is hard to come by! I sew in the middle of the night! :dohh:

I'm so jealous of you ladies who are losing all this weight...I haven't lost any since I dropped it all a couple weeks after birth...It probably has something to do with not being able to find time during the day to eat, so I end up eating a whole tube of Pringles while nursing...or the random s'mores I eat in the middle of the night when taking a sewing break! :wacko:

nursing and snacking go hand in hand dont they , esp when NIP im like oh well H wants feeding might as well go in this cafe and have a slice of cake and a cuppa lol !

tension ..hmm thats prob what that random dial is then ..off to google what i should be doing with that . Is embroidery hard ? santa might buy me a modern machine if i get on ok

Usually, you'll leave your tension alone (especially bobbin tension) as long as your stitches are okay on both the top and bottom (not too loose or too tight). The embroidery machine is awesome; all I do is load a design onto it, attach the hoop thing, and put in the correct colour thread. It does the rest and tells me when to change the thread/what colour to put in. It is hard to get things centered properly, however! :thumbup:

Here's a piccy of Brooklyn tasting watermelon for the first time. She bit off a chunk and was like, "WTF" and spit it out. lmao :rofl: And here's also a picture of her playing today. I'm not sure who I have on Facebook - if someone doesn't have me, you can add me: *****- it's a picture of Brooklyn...or you can search ******** , just let me know who you are! lol

Attachments

• DSC_7342.jpg
    DSC_7342.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_7458.jpg
    DSC_7458.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
I'm jemma gwynne on facebook.
Lovely pics virginia.

I'm busy packing and Demi is being a pickle for Shaun already. Ha ha

aww great pics of brooklyn :)
what machine do you have virginia , it sounds great .

typical , H has slept 9-11 this morning while hubby is home - he now thinks i get 2 hours "rest" each day grrr men

Found you jem :) ha your oh will have his hands full whilst you're away. Have a really great time xx

Virginia I have no idea what the temp is in Fahrenheit but it sounds HOT! It's been pretty hot here so I'm not a pretty sight after a walk :haha: today I walked into town to get izzy weighed a d clocked up 8.3 miles :) my legs are a bit achy tho :haha: I think she weighs 12 lb 13 but is following the 9th centile line now so I am pleased :yipee:

yay for izzy she is catching up nicely now , ill take H next week i think if i cba !

well seeing as Holly only started rolling at the weekend she now seems to be on the move . she got about 8 foot away - other side of the room basically by kinda shuffling on her tummy and rolling ... i sense trouble on my holidays !

aww great pics of brooklyn :)
what machine do you have virginia , it sounds great .

typical , H has slept 9-11 this morning while hubby is home - he now thinks i get 2 hours "rest" each day grrr men

It's the Brother SE-400. :thumbup:

Found you jem :) ha your oh will have his hands full whilst you're away. Have a really great time xx

Virginia I have no idea what the temp is in Fahrenheit but it sounds HOT! It's been pretty hot here so I'm not a pretty sight after a walk :haha: today I walked into town to get izzy weighed a d clocked up 8.3 miles :) my legs are a bit achy tho :haha: I think she weighs 12 lb 13 but is following the 9th centile line now so I am pleased :yipee:

It's 40 degrees Celsius! :wacko:

Hi all sorry I have to catch up, just not getting a min with kiddies on holidays :)

Plus Lo isn't sleeping good, not cranky or crying goes down great at 7.30(I cut out 5 o clock sleep) but the problem is as soon as we go to bed no matter what time she wakes up so tonight were going to do musical beds :haha: and sleep in kiddies rooms and see how long she sleeps cause I'm planning on putting her into cot now from crib so just wondering who has put there Lo's in there own room???? Thanks x

Hi all sorry I have to catch up, just not getting a min with kiddies on holidays :)

Plus Lo isn't sleeping good, not cranky or crying goes down great at 7.30(I cut out 5 o clock sleep) but the problem is as soon as we go to bed no matter what time she wakes up so tonight were going to do musical beds :haha: and sleep in kiddies rooms and see how long she sleeps cause I'm planning on putting her into cot now from crib so just wondering who has put there Lo's in there own room???? Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->