February mummies 2011 <3

Wine, lennie does nothing either. He's just happy laying about.

Lennie does have tears - and I too feel guilty cause I feel he's crying
To the point of tears. X

I love the food before 1 is just for fun line Wine, I will take that as my motto as well.

I've been reading the BLW book and I think it's fantastic. It mentions loads of times in there that though babies may gum at the food some won't even start eating till 8-9months. That really took the pressure off of me, as I though she should be eating NOW.

We have a lot of gut irritation on my side of the family (mum has celiac, sister has MS, I've got mild celiac) So I'm quite anal now about not giving her anything until 6months since her gut may not be ready. She's had a few things, but I don't think she'll mind to wait another month. We also eat Paleo now, so I'm loving how easy this will be to incorporate her into our meals. It'll also teach me to start liking things like liver and shrimp. :thumbup:

Hi ya everyone, hope your all ok. So many pages to catch up on!
Can't remember it all, my brain soooo frazzled after way too much drink at my hen weekend.
Demi has cried a couple of tears but not very many, strange how they don't get tears.

Well my OH survived! Ha ha, think he struggled but I'm proud, think it was hard coz the weather was just so terrible! I didn't realise how much I missed my girls until I saw there little faces.
Will have a proper read up tomoz, just wanted to say hi xx

glad your oh coped jem and that you had a good time

wine -LOVE the new avatar.

I took the kids to my moms today , left hubby doing DIY haha , then left the boys with their grandad while me mom and H went shopping hehe . anyone else been up to anythng ?

well joshua is outgrowing his moses basket so much now so we've moved jakob from cot to bed, which has been very fun! lol and now getting ready to move joshua from basket to cot!

Got my sewing machine today and it's sooooooooo old! I'm going to carboot it :( was really looking forward to making some bits n bobs... i wanted to make felt food for jakob!

thank you eve, it's a bit blurry for some reason? i need more picsof them together lol

how old is old wine ?- mines 1974 pmsl , it has done the job so far though . but hubby says i can have a modern one , but im waiting till ive paid my plasterer and builder see how much £ i got left out my maternity allowance first ...as my house is more important ..you should see it ! in fact i might take some before and afters . anyway - felt food - good thinking , like habba style ?
i bought material to make Jake a drawstring pe bag on with his name on it, at least it will stand out and not get muddled up with all the bags that are the same - this year he came home with a bag that wasnt his about 5 times meh.
I am on serious countdown now - 4 more days of doing the school run in a crazy rush and 12 days till holiday woooooooooo

reminds me wine - ikea do soft toy veggies they are quite cute - ds2 has them https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10185748

and fruit https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70185745

Ooo eve, that's lovely I wish we had ikea over here. I have to go visit my mum to get some!!

i live a few minutes down the road ...its bad lol ! they do a breakfast set too with fabric pancakes and eggs i saw on website , but never seen in the shop . their wooden toys are quite nice too we have the abacus and the stacking rings . i might get the breakfast set if i see it when im in there ..i need some things for H for xmas im struggling what to get . whats anyone else thought of ?
its awkward cus i dont know if she will be cruising or crawling or what , i was thinking of one of them v tech push along walkers though and maybe a baby stella..idk :s

what's a baby stella?

my mum is 5 mins from notts one, dangerous. i love their kids stuff, i have the abacus, and a wooden highchair, loads of art stuff and some plastic stacking cups she's just getting into. also really cheap fleecey blankets i used for them all so they could be clean when lying on the floor, then when they threw up i bunged them in the wash! all for £1.29 :haha: they still use them for playing or snuggling!

i got a coupla of toys in the tesco event and 2 paira of pyjamas, one for christmas, they get them on xmas eve and one for b-day. i am REALLY trying not to go mad this year as we will be skint and she doesn't care yet!!

i would think they will def be cruising for christmas, that's usually about 6 months isn't it? and a few might be walking but wouldn't have thought wizzy, so a good pressie idea for someone else.

what's a baby stella?

my mum is 5 mins from notts one, dangerous. i love their kids stuff, i have the abacus, and a wooden highchair, loads of art stuff and some plastic stacking cups she's just getting into. also really cheap fleecey blankets i used for them all so they could be clean when lying on the floor, then when they threw up i bunged them in the wash! all for £1.29 :haha: they still use them for playing or snuggling!

i got a coupla of toys in the tesco event and 2 paira of pyjamas, one for christmas, they get them on xmas eve and one for b-day. i am REALLY trying not to go mad this year as we will be skint and she doesn't care yet!!

i would think they will def be cruising for christmas, that's usually about 6 months isn't it? and a few might be walking but wouldn't have thought wizzy, so a good pressie idea for someone else.

i use the £1.29 blankets to cut up for nappy liners !! :p

mine were both cruising at 11 months but i think they were a bit slow lol

baby stella - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manhattan-Toy-115900-Stella-Peach/dp/B000ECU7FM

Oh they're all different I just assumed they crawl and cruise at the same time! Wizzy will prob be completely different!! She finally moved her feet in a walking motion today, she has had them stuck Iin one spot when she stands! So I had little hope of her cruising any time soon!

Are the baby stellas the doll to have? I'm so out of touch!!

h hant bothered trying to move since she did it a few days ago !

im not sure if baby stella is the doll to have as such its just its a soft one i like it and i like the toy company that makes them (manhattan toys) they get good reviews

I think babies are developing quicker... i remember 2 years ago when i had jakob babies weren't rolling till 4months, sitting at 6months, crawling at about 8months, cruising at 10months and walking at around a year!

I think by christmas joshua will still be laying there like a fish :haha:

eve manhattan are good i think, i'm getting joshua a skwish to play with hehe

Ha ha wine, think your right though. I think Demi is just happy watching her big sister than rolling! Five and a half months and she just sits there, bless.

I love wooden toys and Ikea is just fab in general, we live near the Milton keynes one, but I've only been three times.... I spend far too much so I look dreamly at the catalogue.

Who knows what Demi will get for Xmas? Like you all said, it all depend on what stage there at? Someone mentioned about a vtec baby walker, we have Isla's old one, it's great. (sorry can't remember who mentioned it, brain over load. Xx

I think babies are developing quicker... i remember 2 years ago when i had jakob babies weren't rolling till 4months, sitting at 6months, crawling at about 8months, cruising at 10months and walking at around a year!

I think by christmas joshua will still be laying there like a fish :haha:

eve manhattan are good i think, i'm getting joshua a skwish to play with hehe

That makes me feel better cause Phoebe still just lays there. We try to help roll her over but she just springs back to her back lol. Thank goodness for the bumbo or she would have no hair from all the laying down.

You're all thinking about Christmas already?! Geesh! To be honest I would be tempted to just wrap up what she already has. Granny (MiL) already buys her way too much stuff so I can assume she'll go over board then too. Of course it would give me an excuse to buy her a cute new dress or shoes lol.

Any one else with a wee girl treat them like a barbie doll? :lol:

Lol lennie will prob be the same - I'll just get him another play gym to lay under. Lol. Change of scenery.

Jenni whats paleo?

Ive never even been to ikea - I do dream over the catalogue though. X

At this age we won't buy him much.

I'm thinking maybe something from myriad website like a grimms rainbow for Joshua and a balance bike for Jakob, but I'll think about it nearer the time

But anything else will just be 'practical' stuff. Like Jakobs first Christmas he got a cot, my nan got him a mattress, my mum paid for some baby swimming lessons etc. We also bought far too many toys but we won't be doing that this year.. Were trying to be better and I think this year they will get one decent long lasting gift each and any family that asks what to get them I'll say either money for savings account or something useful

Lol lennie will prob be the same - I'll just get him another play gym to lay under. Lol. Change of scenery.

Jenni whats paleo?

Ive never even been to ikea - I do dream over the catalogue though. X

Sometimes it also called primal if you want google it. Essentially we don't eat grains because humans dont actually process them. Also we don't drink cows milk because really there's no point. Well Phoebe has to for now, but once she's a year she won't be. It's especially helpful for people with medical conditions like pcos (which I have) and autoimmune diseases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->