February mummies 2011 <3

Hi all sorry I have to catch up, just not getting a min with kiddies on holidays :)

Plus Lo isn't sleeping good, not cranky or crying goes down great at 7.30(I cut out 5 o clock sleep) but the problem is as soon as we go to bed no matter what time she wakes up so tonight were going to do musical beds :haha: and sleep in kiddies rooms and see how long she sleeps cause I'm planning on putting her into cot now from crib so just wondering who has put there Lo's in there own room???? Thanks x

We put the crib side-carred against our bed in our room. I don't think we'll move her to her own room until she's ready. We don't mind though...co-sleepers get creative. :winkwink:

Holly has been in her own room around a month . she seems to sleep ok once she actually goes down , i do miss co sleeping but dont miss having a dead arm every morning where i have been making sure she doesnt roll out hahah.

and virginia wow thats hot !!

Holly has been in her own room around a month . she seems to sleep ok once she actually goes down , i do miss co sleeping but dont miss having a dead arm every morning where i have been making sure she doesnt roll out hahah.

I'd be waaaay too paranoid to co-sleep with her against the edge. With her crib, she sleeps most of the night in there...sometimes I wake up half in the crib after feeding her. lol

I'd be waaaay too paranoid to co-sleep with her against the edge. With her crib, she sleeps most of the night in there...sometimes I wake up half in the crib after feeding her. lol

yea once she started moving about and starting to roll we started to move her out :( we have no room for a side crip or cosleeper bed in our room , her door is right opposite ours though so her cot is in view from my side of the bed :D

we went out for dinner tonight and holly grabbed my corn on the cob and was suckin away on it - im wondering whether to start weaning her now she seems like she is getting ready , but i kinda feel bad if i dont wait till 6 months - ykwim ?

surely the point of baby led weaning is that you do it when she is ready rather than some arbitrary figure? like you must only give birth on your due date!! go with your gut feeling eve, i'm sure you will be right :)

Blimey Virginia 40c, phew that's hot!
Juicy, I've had Oscar in his own room since he was 6 weeks, various reasons but it works for us and he is just fine in there :) in fact he sleeps better on his own as do we lol!
Eve, you're not far off 6 months now, so you could start or you could just do what you're doing a let her have a little bit of your meal every so often?
We weighed O today (though I do need to get it done at the hv officially) and it came up as 20.5lbs! No wonder my back is breaking! I'm seriously struggling with it at the moment especially as he's really needy with the teething! We have his 2 front bottom teeth coming up now! Poor little thing!

Wow, that sounds hot Virginia - I think I would be staying indoors in that heat too.

Wine, Lennie does nothing too, sounds pretty much the same as J.

I put on 1.5lb this week. Boo. First time I have put on in ages so I think it will kick start me again.

Lennie went to hospital today, his referral from doctors for his wheeze. He was given inhalers for asthma, and he also has a chest infection so he has been given antibiotics. My head is pretty overwhelmed with it all and trying to remember which and when I have given inhalor/antibiotics is a struggle. At least hes kinda sorted now so now he will just get better.

Lennie is still in our room. We were going to move him over at 6 months, but cause that figure is nearing we are going to keep him with us a bit longer. Don't think we can let go. haha. Plus it means I would have to sort all the boxes in his room........ x

yea once she started moving about and starting to roll we started to move her out :( we have no room for a side crip or cosleeper bed in our room , her door is right opposite ours though so her cot is in view from my side of the bed :D

we went out for dinner tonight and holly grabbed my corn on the cob and was suckin away on it - im wondering whether to start weaning her now she seems like she is getting ready , but i kinda feel bad if i dont wait till 6 months - ykwim ?
At first I was afraid of her moving out of the crib and onto our bed and then falling off...but we swaddle her still, so she's pretty immobile unless she escapes, and we can hear her escaping on the baby monitor. Lol

surely the point of baby led weaning is that you do it when she is ready rather than some arbitrary figure? like you must only give birth on your due date!! go with your gut feeling eve, i'm sure you will be right :)

^^^this!

yea i think we will start her , i think the reason i wanted to wait is purely for my own selfish reasons haha , as i know our nursing time will reduce and its easier at 6 months to give them everything and not have to watch what they have . hubby wants to start her this weekend , so we might get her involved at lunchtime today ...eeeeek !

on a different note - do your babies all have tears when they cry ? i noticed yesterday my friends baby did and then i thought oh H doesnt .. had a google and it says 2-4 months , so im wondering if she has blocked tear ducts

yes wizzy does, it makes me feel much worse when she cries. probably only for a month or so, maybe 2?

well i just put a tray of fruit out for h same as the boys just had , she wasnt interested at all ..so i guess thats answered my is she ready question

i take it back ..she found the banana and gave that a good gumming and squashing

Hello everyone ... lots to catch up on. Well done to all the babies crawling etc and feeding well. Lily is eating well, she has baby porridge mid morning and she's eating cauliflower, brocolli and cheese bake about 5ish. She is STTN .... finally!!!!! She also started rolling over this morning and she is doing it all the time now!! Go Lily!!!

Eve, as a personal opinion I think babies know when they are ready. If you put food on a tray in front of them and they pick it up, put it straight in their mouth and chomp down then I believe they are ready - whether that's 4months or 5months or 6months or whatever. Joshua picks things up but doesn't try to 'eat' them yet, he sort of sucks things but i can definitely see a difference between sucking things and properly trying to eat them, i noticed it with jakob. I think Jakob was between 6.5-7months before he was really 'eating'.

Food before 1 is just for fun! That's my motto and I'm sticking to it ;). I only object when I can see a baby blatently not ready for food but it being given to them whether they want it or not (iyswim?)

BTW - Joshua still does 'nothing' and I've decided I'm going to stop being sad that he's the only one lol and be happy that I have my snuggly baby for longer - I guess I need to make the most of it since I'm going to be missing lot's come september and I'd much much rather use this time for cuddles than watching him roll around.

I'm getting kind of jealous of the stay at home mummies now too :( but if I quit uni I would have to find a job anyway as we can't afford me to be a sahm :(

yea i think we will start her , i think the reason i wanted to wait is purely for my own selfish reasons haha , as i know our nursing time will reduce and its easier at 6 months to give them everything and not have to watch what they have . hubby wants to start her this weekend , so we might get her involved at lunchtime today ...eeeeek !

on a different note - do your babies all have tears when they cry ? i noticed yesterday my friends baby did and then i thought oh H doesnt .. had a google and it says 2-4 months , so im wondering if she has blocked tear ducts

Yep Joshua has 'real tears' I *think* they say if you haven't seen tears by 5-6months then speak to HV :flower:

Yep Joshua has 'real tears' I *think* they say if you haven't seen tears by 5-6months then speak to HV :flower:

will do :)

BTW - Joshua still does 'nothing' and I've decided I'm going to stop being sad that he's the only one lol and be happy that I have my snuggly baby for longer - I guess I need to make the most of it since I'm going to be missing lot's come september and I'd much much rather use this time for cuddles than watching him roll around.

I'm getting kind of jealous of the stay at home mummies now too :( but if I quit uni I would have to find a job anyway as we can't afford me to be a sahm :(

i like it when they do "nothing" too as i like little babies - once they start they seem to grow up too uick lol !

Eve, as a personal opinion I think babies know when they are ready. If you put food on a tray in front of them and they pick it up, put it straight in their mouth and chomp down then I believe they are ready - whether that's 4months or 5months or 6months or whatever. Joshua picks things up but doesn't try to 'eat' them yet, he sort of sucks things but i can definitely see a difference between sucking things and properly trying to eat them, i noticed it with jakob. I think Jakob was between 6.5-7months before he was really 'eating'.

Food before 1 is just for fun! That's my motto and I'm sticking to it ;). I only object when I can see a baby blatently not ready for food but it being given to them whether they want it or not (iyswim?)

yea , i think you are riht , she by no means ate anything but was enjoying gumming it , prob by the time she is 6 months she will have figured it out !

Brooklyn rarely actually cries so I have no idea. :dohh: She likes to yell to get my attention....Now I'm wondering! I'll have to watch next time she starts crying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->