February mummies 2011 <3

It's pretty quiet round here alright - maybe coz our babas are all go at the moment. Wine - hope you are feeling good - ye poor thing.

Jem - Devin shouts out several times during the night (from his new room and big cot :cry:) - usually 3-5 times - I go in to him - pop his soother back in and he goes straight back to sleep - buit I lie wide awake of course!!!

He is also still in his lie down insert thing too but is now getting very keen on rolling out of it!!! Arrrgh. I think I'll persevere with it for another few weeks til he can sit up properly. My house can't fit any more stuff!!!

Devins breathing alarm wen off today when my Mum was minding him and he was down for his nap. It frightened the life out of her and when she got upstairs to him he was out cold - she just snatched him right out of the bed - the poor child nearly died of fright. It freaks me out though - was he OK?? WHEN CAN WE STOP WORRYING ABOUT SIDS? Anyone know? I know the risks are greatly reduced at this point but it can still happen right?

Does anypne have any tips for me re travelling with babies? We are flying to Croatia on Sunday for a week. We will be self catering but will not have a microwave so have bought those disposable steriliser bags. Anything else I should be thinking of - besides all the obvious stuff like clothes and nappies!!!

I just spent two weeks in Turkey... I used the sterilizing tablets, never seen the bags? I took 150 nappies (I have two in nappies). And I gave Demi 70 bottles all my myself! Was all tough but I dis go with my mum and not my OH!

Can't think of anything else? I uses jars for easyness, so I took spoons, bowls and a plastic pot to save any left over food for the next day. Lots of teething gel, etc
my Demi was great on the plane so hopefully Devin will be fine, I tried to time the bottles so that when we landed Demi was drinking... So hopefully her ears didn't hurt?
One more thing, I found a buggy bag from mothercare, I recommend buying one, protects the buggy a bit. And i took my carry thing so I didn't have to hold Demi in my arms whilst waiting for luggage.

Sorry I couldn't stop, ha ha, hope it doesn't sound patronising? Bet your looking forward to getting away.

On a different note, I'm getting married on Saturday! Can't wait to see my girls in there dresses, we has to customise bibs for Demi as we couldn't find any fushia pink bibs, ha ha

Good luck with the wedding Jem!!! Pics please after saturday!!!

This week has been really hard for me with Richard working all the time with the riots in London. I haven't seen him at all because he's been working all night then sleeping when he gets home. He's just phoned me actually ... he's only just finished at 7.45am and is expected to be in work again at 3pm (we live an hour away from his work), so he gets to have about 5 hours sleep. He started at 5.30pm last night so he really must be knackered. The kids miss him, I miss him and feel like a single mother at the moment - my hormones are all over the place so I'm crying all the time because of it - bloody scum bag rioters!!!

Lily still isn't interested in solids .... I put whatever we're eating infront of her, I even mash it and try to spoon feed it to her but she just closes her mouth. It is frustrating because I know she must be hungry. She is waking through the night again .... she goes down at 7.30pm and then wakes at 10pm for no reason and stays awake for an hour, then she wakes up again at 12.30am!!!!! Not sure what she wants because she refuses a bottle if I offer it!!!

She's brilliant during the day though and naps twice (1 - 1 1/2 hours each time). She's rolling all over the place and trying to crawl and babbles all the time.

Anyway, I've babbled too much. Hope everyone is okay xx

well holly sttn for the 1st time last night in about 3 months ! i wont hold my breath about it being regular but it was nice to have an unbroken sleep at least !

bath - all my 3 go in together lol the boys are big enough so that i can leave the room while they in (obv i dont go far) so holly either goes in 1st or last or once one gets out , she is in her lie down seat thing too but pulls herself up to sitting position , we just have to hold her until she can sit properly its a bit annoying but what can you do eh . on holiday we went in family showers so id hold her and wash her then pass her out to hubby to dry and dress her while i showered or vice versa .

jem- how exciting for your wedding , make sure you show us some piccys and have a super day

chilly - croatia looks great , we went bulgaria 2 years ago with the boys and loved it we almot went croatia. my tips for travelling are make sure you have a change of clothes in your hand baggage , many babies/kids bowels open when you take off ! try to feed when taking off and landing so that they are swallowing to help their ears pop . ive never bothered taking many nappies as our luggage allowance always seems tight so i buy them there just take a few days worth but if you got room then you may as well. dont forget pushchair parasol and rain cover , sun lotion and swim nappies :p

josie - doesnt sound much fun is he in the police ?

Hi girls, I'm back from my hols, blimey that went quick!!

Internet rubbish on computer at the mo so I'm only on phone :dohh:

Jem good luck for the wedding :hugs: and congrats on 6 months everyone, where oh where did that time go? They are not our helpless babes anymore :nope:

Talking of which, have any of you moved your cots lower yet? I've done ours today as I noticed izzy's hands on the top rail yesterday then today she pulled herself up to kneeling from sitting on the carseat :dohh: I can't remember when you are supposed to but she is already such a monkey don't want to find her on the floor! Once she can pull to standing I think it will have to go down again :shrug:

Izzy has finally started making consonant sounds too, she's says h-muma and ba ba then dada today and ana ana! I can't wait till she actually means what she says :)

ill move my cot down once H can sit herself up i think

as suspected the sttn was a one off ... meh ! back to being a zombie today lol

Lennie cot is still high but he still doesn't move much.

On a couple of occassions Lennie has defo won in the food department. If he doesn't want it he will gag - so I'll always stop at that point to save him bringing up what he has already eaten - then we will give yoghurt or fruit for dessert which he never gags on! I still give it just so I know he's had something. X

oooh yes hope you had a great day gem x

Holly sttn last night till 7:45 i cant believe it ..i wonder why she doesnt do it all the time ?

I know this is a huge group, but I was part of the Feb lovebugs and had no idea there was a follow-up parenting thread. Can I join? My princess, Kara Rose, is 6 months 4 days old.

Well done on bf for 6 months evewidow. I did for the first 7 weeks, then had to go back to work, and Kara didn't want to combo feed. With my next baby, I hope to go longer.

Hiya everyone, loving reading up on everyone's LO's. :)

Josiejo: How's everything going with your OH now that the riots are dieing down? I was horrified to watch everything going on about it. Sorry you were directly effected.

Talking of which, have any of you moved your cots lower yet?

Phoebe's still in her moses basket. :blush: We were planning to move a few months ago so never bothered to get a cot, but now that hubby's company isn't moving us till Sept, we're in a bit of a predicament....

mouse_chicky: Welcome!

Phoebe has cut 2 teeth!! It was just 3 days ago that I noticed when she was gnawing at my finger. That explains her bleeding nappy rash poor thing. She's still not sitting up, though she would love to. And she only rolls over when I'm encouraging her to, she can't be bothered other wise. She's eaten a pinapple and a few carrots so far but not much else. We haven't really started a schedule with her since she's not 6months, but we will in a wee bit. woo!

Kara's not sitting up either, but she tries. She'll roll across the floor but hates to be on her tummy for any length of time. :haha:

2 teeth!!! How exciting.

Lily has been sitting up unaided for a few days now - about 15 mins each time :thumbup:

She still isn't STTN but I wish she would.

Thanks for asking about my OH .... all his rest days and annual holiday are still cancelled. He has been working for 10 days dealing with the aftermath and still got another 5 to do before any time off. He has been surviving on 4-5 hours sleep every day. :nope:

Congrats on the wedding jem, hope you had a fantastic day x

Holly still not sitting up either but she really wants too she gets a bit frustrated atm .

food wise BLW is going really well , she loves it and eats so much it didnt take her long to get the hang of it .

sttn - holly has done 2 out of the last 3 nights all of a sudden , today she has been chewing like mad though and a bit grumpy so i think her teeth (or lack of them )are bothering her today

Thanks mouse_chicky 6 months is the longest i have gone bf with no bottles at all - ds2 i fed for 8 months but by 4 month he was having 1 bottle at night time. it difficult irf you have to work though :(

jenni where are you moving too ? do you have anyone that could lend you a travel cot or something to keep you going till you move ?

Hi all

Happy 6 months what a mile stone :) it's gone by soooooo quick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"