February mummies 2011 <3

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been around much recently so here's why (and big updates)

1. i got ill :( doctors thought it was meningitus. I don't even remember them few days - it was really horrible and scary.
2. went to scotland - whilst i still felt like CRAP by the way. grrrrrr.
3. came back and have been having issues with OH a LOT recently.
4. The riots. OHs shop got trashed, 14k worth of stock looted. He now may be giving up his work to become a stay-at-home-dad. Oh and we may be seperating. Blah.

As for Joshua... he's been sitting up since about 5months.... he still HATES being on his front and I'm pretty sure he'll be a late crawler. In fact he doesn't really much like being on his back either, just upright. He rolls a bit, but then cries.

He eats absolutely anything and everything - we went out to dinner on my birthday (amongst the riots, and got sent home hahah) and he ate pizza and pasta at an italian restaurent. He's eaten omlette, lasagne, cereal, toast, fish, chicken off the bone LOL. I havea feeling he's going to be a fabulous eater like his big brother!

As for myself........ I have less than a month to go until I start university... and less than 2 months before I start my first placement which is terrifying - Let loose on maternity wards so quickly into the course! argh.

Anyway................... I will try and catch up with you all ASAP

oh and Josuas still in his moses basket, he's literally hanging out of it now LOL but i'm soooo scared to put him in his cot in jakobs room because jakob is very - um - aggressive in his behaviour. He spends most of the day punching, biting, kicking and spitting at us - the HV wants to asses him to see if he needs medication so I told her everything was fine and I had made a mistake because I DON'T want him on medication. But now I'm so scared to put Joshua in his room at night......... but we're rapidly running out of room. Ahhhhhh

wow, I'm so sorry. It's sounds like you're having a really rough time. Sorry about you and your oh. :hugs:

eek wine sounds like you are really going through it atm . hope you are feeling better
Jakob is prob just going through a phase - perhaps jealousy of no longer being the only child ?
sounds like hes doing really well with food , holly is a good eater too she loves all fruit and veg esp red ones like necatirnes strawberries , tomatoes etc lol she gets really excited when she sees me carry the plates in and bounces up and down almost lol .

holly has been niggly the last few days and has been going mad on her sophie the giraffe so i think the teething is kicking in , however she has sttn 3 nights now - babies are so random how they just suddenly decide to do things lol !

Oh Charlotte! I had no idea all that was going on! I think you had mentioned maybe being in the middle of the riots but I didnt realise I affected you personally. Big hugs Hun. Do you think it's just the stress of the shop destruction that's causing havoc on your relationship?

You're well right to tell then a fib and that he's doing better. My gosh the want to put every bloody kid on mess now a days. Every kid goes through different phases. And if it's a bit more than that then you assess he situation and learn to work with him.

Again big hugs for you. Btw, did you ever decide on a fob watch? lol

oh wine how shite, it never rains but it pours hey? xx

do you think you and oh can work things out or is this just too much :hugs:

good luck with the course, loving all your pink stuff :)

hope things pick up for you hon, glad you are sounding positive, thinking of you :hugs:

Aww wine I'm sorry to hear that :( what a nightmare time you've been having! Hugs xxx

As Clare said is there nothing you can do to sort things out with your oh? :( xxx

i forgot to say earlier, someone was asking about bath time. izzy has a sponge that she lies on in the bath but now she can sit up she jus tsits on it so can play with toys. obviously someone is with her to make sure she doesn't fall but it stops her slipping and is softer too. they are about £6 from toys r us.

is anyone else finding that they are just into everythig now? izzy hands are so quick, i'm sure blw makes them worse, she's like a vulture on her food lmao! but i find it doesn't matter where she is, she HAS to reach for something she shouldn't and attack it. like now she has pulled everything off the desk so i put her on the floor and she is in a carrier bag so i remove it, then she has slobbered all over a leaflet and is grabbing the stuff waiting to freecycle. i love that she is inquisitive but i think she is going to be a NIGHTMARE!! When i change her she either rolls over or empties everything out of the nappy organiser basket so i have to decide which is the least bothersome each time lmao!! i do love her to bits but she is a monkey :)

haha izzy is a little scamp !

holly hasnt got to that stage yet , im dreading it lol

well last night spent the evening talking with OH... not completely sure whats going on with us - we've said though it's probably all the stress of this year and we're going to try and make it work and just see what happens

Lucky joshua is exactly the same, before I even put food on his tray he's grabbing my hands, and if jakob is near him with food he grabs jakobs arm andpulls it to his mouth haha

for bath times, as some of you know we used to use a paddling pool haha! then he started sitting up so i just held him in the bath but omg, such a pain.

a few days ago we bought the aquapod from mothercare and i'm actually in love. it has a bath mat and seat so the bath mat is good for jakob and joshua sits in the seat and they absolutely love bathing together it's fabulous - my favourite time of the day lol

the price was ridiculous though, will probably have to ebay it when we're done so it's more worth it lol

oh wine that sounds promising, you are going through a hell of a year! fx for you.

glad izzy isn't the only one, was beginning to wonder if she is slightly demonic!! she is currently trying to pull herself to standing on her swing which is silly as a) it is swinging as she grabs it and b) when she stands she is getting her head wedged under it but is this stopping her? no of course not! MAD BABY!!

ive changed my mind about saying she happily sits and just plays...there is no just about it, she wants to pull up on everything and she isn't very good at it so is dangerous, now i can't leave her alone at all!!

is anyone else finding that they are just into everythig now? izzy hands are so quick, i'm sure blw makes them worse, she's like a vulture on her food lmao! but i find it doesn't matter where she is, she HAS to reach for something she shouldn't and attack it. like now she has pulled everything off the desk so i put her on the floor and she is in a carrier bag so i remove it, then she has slobbered all over a leaflet and is grabbing the stuff waiting to freecycle. i love that she is inquisitive but i think she is going to be a NIGHTMARE!! When i change her she either rolls over or empties everything out of the nappy organiser basket so i have to decide which is the least bothersome each time lmao!! i do love her to bits but she is a monkey :)

That describes Phoebe to a TEE! And she has this way of moving herself now around the floor so that if I go away for a minute and come back she's gotten into something she ought not to be. I suppose it's time to start paying attention to what's on the floor, lol.

She's still not sitting up though, so besides the bumbo in the shower with me, we have a bath that sits in the sink and reclines back but has a bit between her legs that keeps her from slipping down that we've had since she was about a month old. She still loves it though. Sometimes I wish I had one for my baths, it looks so comfy.

Hi ya everyone. How are you all? Thanks for the wedding messages, it was fab, wish I could do the day all over again. There are some pics on my facebook...

Charlotte, so sorry to read about you and your OH, really hope things work out.

Once again I've forgotten what everyone has wrote, I'm rubbish.

I went away for three days and Demi and her sister went to there Nana's. Demi is rolling all over the place, at long last! Although she rolls onto her front during the night so I have to put her on her back or she goes mad. Talking of night, Demi keeps waking up, I've been giving her milk but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do? Coz I'm wandering if I was to just give her a cuddle she may go back to sleep? Not that I mind giving her milk, it's just she now has three meals a day and I don't know why she has been waking up when she slept through before? Any ideas?

Those who are doing BLW, what fruit are you giving your LO's. I've only given Demi banana, otherwise it's fruit purée.

Demi now sits for short periods which means I can now bath her whilst sitting up. Still no teeth here either?

How many bottles a day are your LO's drinking? Xx

Hi ya everyone. How are you all? Thanks for the wedding messages, it was fab, wish I could do the day all over again. There are some pics on my facebook...

Charlotte, so sorry to read about you and your OH, really hope things work out.

Once again I've forgotten what everyone has wrote, I'm rubbish.

I went away for three days and Demi and her sister went to there Nana's. Demi is rolling all over the place, at long last! Although she rolls onto her front during the night so I have to put her on her back or she goes mad. Talking of night, Demi keeps waking up, I've been giving her milk but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do? Coz I'm wandering if I was to just give her a cuddle she may go back to sleep? Not that I mind giving her milk, it's just she now has three meals a day and I don't know why she has been waking up when she slept through before? Any ideas?

Those who are doing BLW, what fruit are you giving your LO's. I've only given Demi banana, otherwise it's fruit purée.

Demi now sits for short periods which means I can now bath her whilst sitting up. Still no teeth here either?

How many bottles a day are your LO's drinking? Xx

Holly sometimes wakes and feeds at 3 , i tried the cuddle thing but only milk settle her , then the next night she sleeps till 7/8 we still have no regular pattern . it could be teething pain waking her ?

as for blw this is hollys typical day :

milk feed at 7/8
breakfast - either half a peice of toast cut in fingers or 1 weetabix moistened slightly so she can hold it or 2 porridge fingers , followed by more milk .

milk feed around 11/12
lunch - bit of bread , stick of cheese , ricecake ,avacado and whatever fruit the boys are having so anything like nectarine , a banana , pineapple , strawberries , mango , watermelon etc . she has these in big wedges or stick shapes . followed by more milk if she wants it .

milk feeds around 2 , 4 and 5 - depends on what mood she is in

dinner around 6pm
she has hatever we are having so last night she had chicken enchilads and rice - she chewed some chicken but didnt swallow , she ae the peppers onions tortillas and some rice .
other dinners she has had this week is a roast lamb dinner , meatballs and pasta , cottage pie then we had pie but i just gave her the potatoes and veg and skipped the pie.
she sometimes has fruit or yogurt fr desert but only a few times a week .

feed at 7 till she falls asleep ..sometimes she grazes till around 9.

hope that makes sense lol

Thanks for that, great.

Well Demi has been waking at 3am for milk.

Wakes up between 7am and 8am, I give her half a weetabix, toast fingers or banana.
Milk around 9am and she sleeps at 10 till 12ish.

Lunch at 12:30, normally finger food, followed by yogurt.
Milk at 1:30 ish.

Sleep at 2:30 for about an hour or sometimes two.
Dinner between 5 and 6pm. (our dinner purred and fruit or yougurt)
Milk feed 6;30 and 7pm. Bed straight after.

So I don't know if that right? Or if she is not getting enough milk? She has 7oz bottles and drinks around 6oz each time.

I can't remember anything. Think I will get her weighed and see how the gain is? She is very content so I guess she must be happy? Just font want to ask the health visitors coz they always make me feel shit!

On a different note, finally got my holiday sorted with work.., they are making me redundent on 4th September..... Four weeks short of me being entitled redundency pay :(
but I get 4 and a half weeks holiday.... So I have money coming in until end of October. I really feel I need a job, only two days, but I need to get out now.

sounds about right jem - holly feeds more as we are bf so doesnt get a 6oz in one go i guess !

Well izzy is 6 months now, eek!! She sits up which is great and commando crawls, which isn't!! Lmao why did I ever mention she was happy sitting, I knew it wouldn't last!!

Got her weighed today, 14 8, so v pleased, is that more than holly now eve?

She has about 30 fl oz of milk jem, in 5 bottles and has 3 meals, brekkie is porridge or similar and the rest are blw, whatever we're having :thumbup:

Does anyone still use a swing? I'm thinking of selling it now as she doesn't like it so much but wondering if she might come back to it?

Well izzy is 6 months now, eek!! She sits up which is great and commando crawls, which isn't!! Lmao why did I ever mention she was happy sitting, I knew it wouldn't last!!

Got her weighed today, 14 8, so v pleased, is that more than holly now eve?

She has about 30 fl oz of milk jem, in 5 bottles and has 3 meals, brekkie is porridge or similar and the rest are blw, whatever we're having :thumbup:

Does anyone still use a swing? I'm thinking of selling it now as she doesn't like it so much but wondering if she might come back to it?

im getting her weighed next thursday she was 13lb 3oz when i took her 3 weeks ago will let u know , its funy cus ive never had a little delicate baby lol both my boys were heavy chunky monkeys on the 75th line .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->