February Valentines 2012

Freakin' A. Started the minipill last week after my 6 week PP appointment.

Started bleeding today.

:|

I'm so tempted to just stop taking the damn thing. We don't get time to DTD anyway, and we have condoms we can use. I don't have patience for this bleeding crap. lol.

Guppy- Are you supplementing with formula? When i was doing that at the beginning ( mixing formula with breast milk ) Mason did not have a poop for a day and a half and i think he only had one because my milk came in and i started him back on breast milk only so it got everything moving.

We are actually supplementing with donor breast milk. And its age appriopriate, so lots of colostrum too... You think hed be a pooping machine since thats a natural laxative :haha:

I don't knoooow!!! :( lol. I truly hope not! I've liked not having a period so much!

Guppy- Are you supplementing with formula? When i was doing that at the beginning ( mixing formula with breast milk ) Mason did not have a poop for a day and a half and i think he only had one because my milk came in and i started him back on breast milk only so it got everything moving.

We are actually supplementing with donor breast milk. And its age appriopriate, so lots of colostrum too... You think hed be a pooping machine since thats a natural laxative :haha:

Of course i post asking about BMs and the little turd poops 3x since asking :dohh: no pun intended :rofl:

Thanks ladies! Yes I was slightly anemic so that is maybe contributing. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. :)

I wish I could respond more to the other stuff but Kenny just feel asleep so I'm gonna go nap!! I'll post more in the middle of the night! ;)

Of course i post asking about BMs and the little turd poops 3x since asking :dohh: no pun intended :rofl:

LOL... it always works that way doesnt it!

Is 3 poos in 24 hours enough?
The log thingy i got says at day 9 it should be 6 wet diapers and 4 stools....but how can that possibly be accurate for all babies :shrug:

So i went to the Dr today for Masons 1 week check and she said everything looks great. When i was at the appt. i noticed his eye was a little watery, now tonight there is some yellow discharge and he has been sneezing a bit more over the past 2 days. Do you think i should be concerned?

So i went to the Dr today for Masons 1 week check and she said everything looks great. When i was at the appt. i noticed his eye was a little watery, now tonight there is some yellow discharge and he has been sneezing a bit more over the past 2 days. Do you think i should be concerned?

Nah. It sounds exactly like a blocked tear duct.

Isaiah had one blocked tear duct on and off until he was about 4 months old.
Elliot has it in both eyes and its a million times more disgusting than Isaiah's ever was lol. The eyes is one of the very last thing to form in babies, and so many many babies will have this blocked tear duct thing. Its harmless, just more annoying than anything. Just use a wet warm cloth to clean it and then apply breast milk to it severely times per day...i know that sounds gross but breast milk is very good to help clean it out and prevent any bacteria.

The sneezing is normal for the first few weeks as its babys way of clearing out the lungs from whatever was left over at birth. I wouldn't be concerned...however if other symptoms develop like runny nose, cough, or fever DEF get it checked out :thumbup:

Aria has slept almost all day today. Only one awake period of about 2.5 hours as opposed to her normal 3-4. OH is like, I'm sure she's fine she was up half the night that's probably it. But I'm, of course, neurotic and nervous. Her poop has been slightly runnier than usual and like... sticky earlier. Kind of like mucus consistency? IDK. I'm paranoid most likely, but I'm afraid she's sick or something. :|

Sorry I haven't been keeping up.... caught up just a bit ago.

Junebugs, I know it sounds really strange but breast milk works wonders for clearing out blocked tear ducts. Adelina started to have a blocked tear duct last week after her check up and I put milk in it for 2 days, in combination with warm compresses and rubbing the inner corner of the eye in downward semi-circles.

On the subject of bleeding,I was told that as long as it didn't go from brown to bright red, or pass any clots as large as a plum, to not worry about it that it was normal. I stopped bleeding at like 3 days PP, but now every time I do too much I bleed, like tonight :(. I used my waist cincher for the first time today and I think that the pressure from it pushing my muscles to where they should be is what caused me to bleed a bit today, not cool at all!

Guppy, I would think that 3 is plenty, especially if they were larger.

As for us, Adelina went for her check-up last Monday and she had gained 3oz in 4 days (back up to 7lbs 2oz), and then today we went back for a weight check and she was up to 7lbs 14oz. I was thrilled for the weight gain being good!

Ooooooh :( Kenny just had a huge projectile spitup and spitup everything he just are plus soaked me :( ok starting this feeding over....

Guppy to answer your question from earlier, I have a big milk supply. Does that lead you to believe that my bleeding/clots is not leftover placenta? You said "you milk supply would be horrendous" wasn't sure if you meant too much or too little.

Guppy I think 3 pops in 24 hrs is enough. I think the biggest indicator of health is wet diapers. I believe I read somewhere that babies vary quite a bit on the number of poopy diapers. Is he having enough wet diapers?

Thanks hun!

He is averaging 9 wet diapers per day. Is that good?

RE: retained placenta/milk supply....so its not impossible to create milk with retained placenta, but you would make a very very very small amount. So if you have a large milk supply, i would highly doubt retained placenta. Everything sounds normal to me from what you've described :thumbup:

Being pregnant (and haveing a placenta lol) keeps progesterone levels high.
Progesterone is needed to sustain a pregnancy.
Progesterone inhibits prolactin release.
Prolactin is what produces milk.
If prolactin is not being released, then milk supply will either be very low or non existant.
Thus if you have retained placenta, you wont have much a supply. (thats just the science behind it :coffee:)

Thank you!!

Yes 9 wet diapers is great!! My doctor said 6-7 is what she hopes for once they are a week old :)

Thanks girls!! I stared with the warm compress and the milk last night and it is already starting to look better. I guess this will just keep coming back thou if it is a blocked tear duct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->