feeding baby when out somewhere?

justjill

Reaction score
If I want to go out somewhere, and then baby needs to eat, I could breast feed her, but then I'd have to find a place to do it and use the nursing cover, which I guess is what I bought it for.

But what if I just want to give her a bottle of pumped breast milk (because she eats so much better when it comes from a bottle and it takes a lot less time too), wouldn't the milk go bad or something if I just put it in a bottle before we left and took it with me to give her later?

I don't get it...

How do I feed her when we are out somewhere?

Help!

Dont want to read and run but I have no idea sorry.. BF diddnt work out for me :( xx

(I didn't want to R&R either) I have no idea as I just whip my bewbies out and let her go at it. :haha:

I believe breastmilk is good for 8 hours if you are really worried you can get a little frozen cooling pack :)

EBM will be fine in a cool bag for up to about 4h.
Just take a bottle of it out with you and heat when you need to. However, remember the more you use the bottle at this age the more your supply with struggle to settle (unless you pump religiously) and may create more BFing problems as many LO of such a young age struggle to switch back and forth particularly if they are already finding the bottle easier.

If it was me I's just stick to BFing, push through the issues and let your supply establish and settle. For NIP find a nice quiet little coffee shop, set yourself up in a corner with your OP to get you a drink and 'protect' you from any stupid people who might stare and just go for it, the more you do it the easier it gets, and its one hell of a lot easier!!

Aparently breast milk does not spoil as quickly as formula as it has antibodies in it that fight bacteria.
I used to go off the following that I found online for EBM

How long can I store my breast milk?

The following are some general breast milk storage guidelines:
At room temperature (less than 77°F) for 4 to 8 hours
At the back of a refrigerator for 3 to 8 days
At the back of a freezer for up to 3 months

The tommee tippee insulated bottle bags are fab, either warm the bottle up and take it if LO is due a feed soon or take it at fridge temp and it keeps it cool for hours.

Hi hun
I used to express all day long!

I would put the EBM into an insulating pouch with an ice pack in and take a flask of hot water (TT ones are brill). When i needed it i just warmed up the bottle of EBM.

The bottle bags i used instructed for four hours only.

BUT! If you can BF with no issues just get your boob out hun! I wish i could have!:flower:

Just go for it - the breastfeeding in public I mean. It's so easy with a newborn baby, they are so small and don't stuggle.

I nursed in public today, on a couch outside a pub with people walking past constantly. No one took any notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->