Feel guilty for taking early maternity :-(

I feel a bit guilty like i am bunking off school or something and I made it to 36.5

The pregnancy books I have read though say anything after 32 is a bonus so there is really no need to feel guilty.

I don't think you should feel quilty at all, It's your choice. If you're feeling tired then maybe it is time to start relaxing and getting prepped for your lo :D

I stopped work at 31 weeks. Nothing to feel guilty about.
Don't go back till Sept/Oct depending on my A/L situation.

there's nothing to feel guilty about although i worked til 38wks with my first and i got SO bored in those 2 weeks before i had LO.. just make sure you have plenty to do to keep you occupied!! xx

Don't feel guilty. I had planned on working 'til 37 weeks but what with round ligament pain, a flare-up of SPD (which thankfully is nowhere near as bad since I was signed off and forced to rest for two weeks) that I am officially taking maternity leave at 35 weeks and having some leave the couple of weeks before that. Better not to knacker yourself out and end up in loads of pain.

I left at 30+3 and it was the best thing I could have done!! xx

Don't feel guilty...we all would love to be able to come home asap...you are one of the lucky ones!

Well i start my mat leave on Friday and am using accrued leave. I will be 34wks. All my other mat leaves i have stopped at 36wks. I am very happy about it! Dont feel guilty. I have sat on those swivel chairs in staff meetings and they are awful for pregnant ladies!!!

Don't feel bad! Enjoy the time off. It's the last time off you'll have 100% to yourself.

I'm still at work (37w5d) and I am absolutely MISERABLE. I'm in constant pain and I sit pretty much all day. I plan to stay until I'm 39w2d, but as it looks right now both me and my OH don't think I'll make it that far. :rofl:

I stayed until 39 weeks last time (but I was feeling fine, if a bit less energetic than usual) and that was my plan this time too, but I'm so utterly exhausted and sore that I probably need to reevaluate that. It's not quite the same in 2nd pregnancy - I come home and have to take care of my toddler.

You have to listen to your body, I know lots of people who went into labor early because of work related stress. If I felt that, I'd stop immediately.

You can be useful at home too - organize the baby stuff, cook up and freeze meals, go to the hairdresser, beautician, etc. as you won't have a chance for a while. Stock up dry groceries. Get ready for the arrival of your LO mentally and physically!

So have a nice last couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->