Feeling awful

firsttime83

Reaction score
Originally my goal was to breastfeed for 3 months max. Now my LO is 4 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it and can't believe how much I enjoy breastfeeding. BUT she is not getting enough milk anymore. I've tried to increase my supply but I know the end is near. I feel so sad and really guilty about it :cry: I keep telling myself 4 months of breastmilk was still great for her... feeling in the dumps today. Just wanted to post somewhere where people understand.

I know how you feel. My supply is also going (probably due to mixed feeding, so my fault) and I feel sad that it will be ending. But her needs are more important and she needs a full tummy more than I need to breastfeed.

Awww could you just keep one feed a day or something if you both enjoy? How do you know she isn't getting enough? I always worry about this. Dd is 2 weeks old and I am not making any goals. Just a day at a time. It's so hard.

Why do you think your supply is going to dry up? If you're ebf and not pregnant, that shouldn't happen. If it's cycle related, it's just a few days before it goes back to normal. Or you can always try taking food or herbs to improve it?

Why do you think your supply is going to dry up? If you're ebf and not pregnant, that shouldn't happen. If it's cycle related, it's just a few days before it goes back to normal. Or you can always try taking food or herbs to improve it?

This. Why do you say your milk is drying up?

Agree, if u are EBF, your supply should be fine. My period came back 3 month pp, supply was terrible before it starts, so dd just fed more often, then back to normal after a few days.

If its sleep or night feeding related then ur lo would be hitting a growth spurt or the dreaded 4 month sleep regression.

Hang in there, u don't have to stop :flower:

why do you think your supply is dropping? your baby is probably unsatisfied as she builds up your supply for her three month growth spurt. this will make her fussier.at the breast and feed more. Any introduction of formula right now could be damaging to your bfing relationship. there's no reason to quit so early of you love it!! I would send dr. jack Newman an email about your situation, look up his website and contact us link. he will give you some useful advice. but in the meantime feed, feed, feed!.as often as you can and on demand. it's very rare for your supply to truly 'dry up' if you aren't giving bottles, feeding on demand and not doing something like block feeding. xx

I do understand too hun, I'd be devastated if I couldn't bf right now. but don't give up, there are things you can do. pm me if you'd like to chat <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->