Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Imp. Both your babies are beautiful :cloud9:

As for us - Hugo is doing well. Growing really big really quickly. I think he's now 16lb + (taking him for official weigh in on Wednesday).

He is such a joy now, really happy and smiley and always cooing at me, he even giggles when I tickle him :cloud9:

There is one area we're struggling with though.... nighttime sleeping :dohh:

He had started almost sleeping through. Goes into a deep sleep around 8/9pm and I put him in his crib with the monitor on. It's lovely to get a couple of hours baby free iykwim.
He had done a few 10-6, and then 9-3/4 and then sleeping til 7/8 but for the past week, he's gone back to waking for milk every 2/3 hours. What's happened? Surely at his age and weight, he should be able to go longer? Any advice girls?

I think if he'd never slept through, I would be fine but I know he CAN do it!!

Sounds like a sleep regression. Isabelle's had several. It's totally normal to regress any time there is a developmental leap or one approaching :) I completely understand how frustrating it is when you know the can do it. Isabelle would sleep through for a bit and then majorley regress, then sleep through, then regress...highly annoying but totally normal unfortunately :) I know that's not any help in terms of tips, but I don't have any as we've just had to ride through the storm. I hope he goes back to his regular sleeping soon for you :)

Thanks Grey. I do hope that's all it is and that he'll go back to sleeping well soon.

Imp--aww, he is so adorable sleeping on his tummy. Since he doesnt mind it so much, I bet he is an early crawler!!

New--I agree with Grey. Sounds like regression. I have had it with both of my girls. Growth spurts especially. It WILL get back to normal though! Hang in there!

I hope the rest of you ladies are all well. I will post an update soon! :flower:

Thanks girls. Been to get him weighed today and he's jumped from 75th to 80th centile so probably a growth spurt. He's 15lb 3oz now, growing up quickly.
He's slept better the last few nights. I've popped his dummy back in a couple of times to see if that pacifies him instead of feeding him and it's worked. He slept from 7.30 til 2.30, fed him and then 3 til 7 last night :thumbup:

My gorgeous boy.

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/sarahhibbert/Mobile%20Uploads/D20AAD1D-1FC5-4D99-86AE-591D25F876E1_zpsx03us4fy.jpg

aww New, he is so very adorable! i love all of your pictures of him, all I ever want to do is snuggle him up! :hugs:

Thanks Amber, your girls are gorgeous too, and growing so quickly.

My beautiful boy is three months old today <3

Merry Christmas to one and all.:xmas9:

Had another photoshoot today. First of three to capture 3 phases (ie, baby, sitting/crawling & walking).

Been having some issues with sleeping with Hugo. He just wakes a lot and is ALWAYS hungry. I spoke to the health visitor and they advised me putting him on hungry baby milk and so far so good. He only woke once last night at 2am :happydance: and seems far more settled.
Big day today though, he's gone in his own room so I'm hoping he settles ok. He went to sleep quickly and hasn't stirred so I'm pleased so far.

My gorgeous boy

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/sarahhibbert/Mobile%20Uploads/5B76290E-A041-432E-9D85-713917620953_zpsqpyn5hj0.jpg

Aww, what a gorgeous happy boy :D Happy Christmas :D
Fingers crossed the hungry milk keeps helping!

New- Hugo is just so gorgeous!!! Emilia is a terrible sleeper, she will go through phases of sleeping through but mostly she's up for 1-2 hours in the night. I'm starting to get used to it unfortunately... I don't really want to cc but starting to think that may be our next option...
Love- happy new year to you too, how are you?
Amber- I love seeing your girls on fb, glad you all had a lovely Christmas!
Grey- how did Isabelle enjoy the holidays?

As for us-
I'm sorry it's been so long ladies! My two are keeping me busy! Cormack loved his first term at school and is getting ready to go back on Monday. Emilia continues to amaze us everyday... She's so vocal and sparky! She just doesn't like sleeping (can't have it all I guess). I've started a set of classes with her, swimming lessons, gymnastics etc so hopefully that will help!
I've also started doing some volunteer work for an amazing baby loss charity which is so rewarding...
Much love to you all for 2014 xx

Hello ladies - hope everyone is well. It's been very quiet on here recently but then Christmas and new year is such a hectic time and these babies/ toddlers take up every other spare moment! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you all know that I am pregnant again - only just over 4 weeks! 6 week scan booked in for 10th Feb and just praying this bean is in the right place with a heartbeat. If all goes well I will be due 6 days before Callum's third birthday - we must be mad but this time I am praying for a sleeper!!!

Congratulations Milosmum, fab news. It's about time this thread got going again with some more babies :haha:
Hope Callum is well - does he still not sleep well now?

How is everyone else? Well I hope. Hope Christmas was amazing for you all. We had an fabulous first Christmas with Hugo. It was so special and very emotional after 4 years of trying and failing. He truly is the light in our lives and we love him much.
I simply cannot imagine life before him now. I love being a mummy and feel that it was what I was meant to do. Slushy I know, but...

Hugo is just gorgeous in your picture - such a cutie! Glad you had a lovely Christmas and the start of lots of happy ones for your family x

Callum is still not a great sleeper getting better especially since dropping his daytime naps (but then I miss the naps!) but still wakes randomly at night for hours on end quite often. At least the sleeplessness I a new baby won't be a huge shock since I haven't got used to a full nights sleep again!

Hi all

Will look through properly later but didnt wanna leave without saying congrats to milosmom. Xx

Hi Ladies :hi:

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't logged on in almost a year, so I apologize for being MIA for so long. I haven't looked through the posts but looks like there have been more baby additions to this thread, so a big CONGRATS to all the first time and repeat moms!!! :) So lovely to see!

Things have been pretty rough in my world for the past few months. We decided we were ready to try for another baby, and got pregnant on our first try. However, it ended up being an ectopic. I was able to avoid surgery and keep my tube, but the experience has been more than traumatic! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...still trying to recover from it all...

On the bright side, having Coco in my life has certainly helped me deal with this loss. She is a big 2 year old now (where has the time gone!), and amazes us more and more each day.

I'm sorry for being such a Debbie Downer, especially having not been on here for so long. I told myself that I wouldn't come on here and have a pity party, but I finally broke down and needed a place to vent. I couldn't think of a better place to do so than on this thread.

Much love to you all! :kiss:

Hi Neffie - long time no see Lovely to have you back but so sorry to hear about your loss. I completely understand how traumatic and emotional an ectopic pregnancy is.
My first ever pregnancy nearly 4 years ago now was ectopic and sadly I did loose my left tube. However as you can see - one tubers do fine and Callum is here to prove it! I am pregnant again and as with my last pregnancy I have to have a 6 week early ultrasound scan to check that this bubs has made it all the way to my uterus.
I am sure that one of the other girls on this forum is a one tuber - maybe greysgirl? She has also now had a successful pregnancy. I hope that our stories give you some reassurance and there is a wonderful forum on here for one tubers I will see if I can link it:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/173575-one-tubers.html
not sure how active the forum is now but might be worthwhile having a read of it. I also found the ectopic pregnancy trust website a great resource: https://www.ectopic.org.uk/
All my love to you and your family at such a difficult time x

Since I am on the laptop not my mobile for the first time in ages I thought I would update with a photo of my (not so) wee man from just before Christmas x

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
Awww milosmum- he is gorgeous!!!!!
Neffie- I'm so sorry to read about your ectopic but glad you came back to tell us...

I'm probably breaking lots of rules now but hope no one will mind. The charity I have close links with is called 'saying goodbye' just wondering if anyone else has been to one of their services or would like to go. They are uk based but launching in the states this year xxx

Hey everyone! I have been a bit on hiatus here since the holidays, and promised myself that this month I would be getting back on here to follow along with everyone! We had a great holiday followed by 2-3 weeks of one illness after another in our household (one of the girls would bring something home, then of course mommy would get it, followed by daddy). We are all finally *knock on wood* all up and about again! phew!

Milos--Congrats hun!!! :happydance: So excited for you! I look forward to hearing all about your progress and how you are getting along! And what a beautiful picture of your little man, just gorgeous!

Neffie--WB hun, and I am so very sorry to hear about your loss, :hugs: I am glad you did not lose your tube, one of my closest friends lost a tube to an ectopic before she had her DS, and it is indeed a scary and heartbreaking experience. You are in my thoughts hun.

So glad to hear that CoCo is doing well, and keeping you on your toes, as two year olds are wont to do!

New--I just love your pictures of Hugo, he is such an adorable little boy!

Hello to everyone else! I hope ladies and babes and toddlers are all doing well!

As for us:

Im attaching a couple pictures of my girls, they are my world, I must say! :cloud9:

Grace is doing so well at school, thriving and growing into quite an independent and stubborn little lady (takes after her Mom, haha). We are still having some issues with her wanting binkies and bottles at home, especially with Hayleigh still using them, so that has been a frustrating road we are on at the moment. Potty Training is going well, she is happy to tell us if she has to #1, but #2, forget it! lol

Hayleigh is a doll. She's ALWAYS happy, which makes me wonder daily if I got sent home with the wrong child, lol! After starting out with a huge supply of breastmilk when I had her, my milk supply suddenly became almost not existent around the New Year, and I began struggling to produce, so I have had to switch to adding formula to her diet to supplement what I can't produce. Frustrating, but I have tried everything, fenugree, thistle, mother's milk tea, oatmeal, etc. and no luck, sigh. :shrug: She is on stage 2 solids as well, and I think she is FINALLY teething. Unfortunately it looks like she is like Grace in that she is not fond of anything sweet, so I can't get her to take any fruit, urgh!! I blame DH because I'm a fruit lover, so they have to get it from him, lol!

Anywhoo, here's a couple pics of my princesses:

Attachments

• GandHJan14.jpg
    GandHJan14.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Hayleigh6months.jpg
    Hayleigh6months.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
  • GraceDrum.jpg
    GraceDrum.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread