Fezzle's secret wedding planning

OH's mum was referring to me as her daughter in law when we were up there for the funeral, and one of OH's friends called me 'the wife' the other day, so I guess that's how we're mostly seen anyway. I think a lot of people who don't know us well, like our neighbours or people doing work in the house or when buy furniture, assume we're married since we're so old and own a house together :haha:

OH's mum was referring to me as her daughter in law when we were up there for the funeral, and one of OH's friends called me 'the wife' the other day, so I guess that's how we're mostly seen anyway. I think a lot of people who don't know us well, like our neighbours or people doing work in the house or when buy furniture, assume we're married since we're so old and own a house together :haha:

Thats nice they see you that way!

My ticker has switched to days instead of months now- yay!

Hi Fez! I hope you don't mind if I start stalking your journal! I love all your wedding plans.

Such pretty hair pieces! & only 4 weeks to go!! :happydance:

This weekend I ordered a bunch of campsite guides and we also started planning the rough route for our honeymoon.

We want to stay somewhat flexible since we'll have the campervan, but the idea now is:

3 nights in Gibraltar for the wedding, pick up the campervan in Cadiz, then the route is Cadiz-Jerez-Seville-Granada-Sierra Nevada area-Almeria-Ronda & the white towns-beaches near of Cadiz- then return the campervan to Cadiz and go back to Gibraltar to fly home.

We have two weeks for all that and it will include seeing a few cities, hiking, possibly a football match, maybe a vineyard, and a then some beach lounging at the end of the holiday. And hopefully eating lots of churros and tapas!

Less than a month to go. Wahoo!
I think there is something romantic about a campervan trip.

Marriage, it's funny - I thought that nothing would change after we got married, and that it would just be a really fun, romantic party. We lived together before we were married for a few years, and had been together for five. But, when we actually got married, and afterwards, I found that it was really pretty life changing, and totally in a good way. Like you are now actually connected in a way you never were before. So nothing changed day-to-day at all, but we both found it to be a really wonderful, memorable experience that has brought us a lot closer than we ever thought even possible.

Aww, now I'm getting mushy.

The jewellery store called yesterday to say OH's ring was in, but it would take 3-5 weeks to get it sized! When we bought it, the only reason we got that one and not a different one, was because they said it would take 3 weeks (from the day we got it, so now over a week ago). I told her we were leaving for the wedding in 3 weeks so needed to have it before then or didn't want it- she said she'd see if she could get it rushed through and call me back, but I haven't heard from her again since. I'll have to phone up tomorrow and check on things. My ring was supposed to take a week and she didn't say anything about that being in either (we ordered them on 21 March). I'd like to know asap though as we'll have to get a new ring quickly, especially if the new one would need to be ordered and we have to go elsewhere to get one. OH's plan of a 'stunt ring' might happen!

Other than that, all plans are going smoothly. The balance of the campervan is all paid off. I've done some (online) shopping for clothes for the trip and am already planning what to bring. I am looking forward to packing!

I think we've decided to tell our parents right before we go. We want them to not feel too left out. I have a feeling my parents are going to try to talk me into doing some sort of getting someone to hold up the phone on Facetime or at least videoing it, but that's a fair compromise!

Sorry about the rings.
I think videotaping it is a fair compromise, that way you have a copy of it and it can be set up to just let it run it doesn't need someone holding it etc.

I'd still plan to to video it on my iphone though, so we'd have to find a way to stand that up! That reminds me, I need to confirm with my Gibraltar friend that she can find our witnesses for us!

The video is a great compromise. It'll be nice for them to have a peek a boo

This morning I woke up after having a dream where I was making dinner and my parents were suddenly there annoyed because I hadn't made enough food and I realised I'd only been making enough for me and OH. It doesn't take a dream analyst to figure that one out!

It's April! This is our wedding month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->