Fezzle's secret wedding planning

lol The one OH wanted at first was one that wouldn't be ready for 6 weeks, so he thought about getting another one for £50 to use as a 'stunt ring' and then getting the other one after we got back.

I just realized your wedding day is The Perfect Date:

https://i.imgur.com/tpxUypK.png

Haha- yay!

I didn't think about the date when we set it, but had it been a day later, it would have been the dating anniversary I had with my first husband!

Speaking of anniversaries, today is my parents' 46th wedding anniversary!

Spending a billion dollars on impractical rings is SO not my style either. My DH had bought me my ring as a surprise, picked it out himself but it was the ring I'd been looking at when I haunted our local jewelers! We ended up not even getting the wedding band with it, and I wear my late grandmother's engagement ring as my wedding band!

That whole 'months wages' or even 'three months wages' idea for ring prices seems really outdated to me, unless that is what someone really wants!

I'd rather spend the money on booze and photos :D

When OH doubts his taste, he defaults to going with what's expensive. If we were the sort of couple that did surprise proposals, he probably would have bought something ridiculous. I wouldn't feel safe or responsible enough to wear anything that expensive though!

We had friends over for lunch today and when I went out to the park with OH's friend's wife she was asking me if we were tempted to get married, but I kept the secret! It was so hard. I'm terrible at keeping secrets about good things. She's the same friend I showed my BFP to the day we got it!

I made a new ticker! Though it's not much of a countdown on the ticker since for some reason it's started it 6 months away.

Congrats to your parents, I love to hear that people can still be married for that long!!

I forgot to mention, on Saturday, I also got these for my hair from Accessorize!

https://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_19,acc_5.3/7862791200

I'm still not sure how I'll wear my hair, but I figured they'd be easy to fit into the styles I'm thinking of. I also got some matching earrings and a bracelet while I was there, but not sure if I'll wear them too.

One month until we leave for Gibraltar!

One month!!! It will fly by :happydance:

I felt the same way about a super expensive ring - there was no way I wanted the responsibility of walking around with a few thousand dollars' worth of jewelry on my hand!!

One month until the wedding! :wedding:

Though I admitted to OH that I was more excited about the trip itself than the actual wedding- luckily he agreed! I think since it's just the two of us, the wedding doesn't seem that big of a deal, and we don't feel like much will change with our relationship if we're married or not, but I think it's going to end up feeling like a bigger moment than what we expect. It's going to be really strange referring to each other as husband/wife!

Yay! So exciting!

We were much more excited about our trip too, and just kind of meh about the wedding, but when the actual wedding took place, we both teared up. :)

That actual moment when you stand at that alter! Boy! I cried :cry: :haha: Everything and everyone else just fade away! I swear! It was just me, him, and the officiant. :cloud9: Clothes didn't matter, hair didn't matter, rings didn't matter. Oh gosh...I'm getting all.....gushy over here lol :blush:

Overall everything is exactly the same afterwards lol But it is weird saying husband and wife, I think OH loves saying "my wifey" lol I'm getting more used to husband but it just doesn't roll off your tongue! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->