Fezzle's secret wedding planning

One drawback on the Italy plan is that if I am lucky enough to be pregnant again then, I would miss out on all the wine!

OH went on a Greek islands holiday not that many years ago (on his own), so unfortunately that's low on the list for awhile!

So many great places. I like the idea of Spain, Italy and maybe Marseille/Aix-on-Provence. The greek islands are nice, it is too bad that oh has already gone.

You could always stock up on wine for later. Last time I was in Germany, I shipped six bottles to myself.

I love Germany, my family is from the black forest region originally so my distant cousins still live there. I went and stayed with them a week when I was 20.

We thought we stocked up on wine when we went to France last year- it was so easy since we were in our car and got the ferry back- but we really underestimated how fast we would go through it! I think we have one bottle left now that was from the vineyard where we camped one night.

I am SO excited to have wine tonight at my book club dinner. I haven't had any wine (or any alcohol) since the night before OH's dad's funeral, which was almost a month ago!

:wine:

I bought a case of wine last time I was in southern France (May last year) and gave it to my husband as a wedding present (it's from our favourite wine region) and we are waiting until our 5th anniversary to start drinking them!

I didn't want a white wedding dress but I didn't have Clandie's luck finding one I liked, so I ended up getting one made (started with a burgundy bridesmaid dress and added silver embroidery/applique and a belt and some pintucks).

I am definitely looking at some bridesmaids dresses too! I think that's a great idea!

Mother-of-the-bride dresses were another avenue I was trying, it just happened that the base dress I decided on was a bridesmaid dress!

To be honest, my ideal dress would be a long, sleek 1920s Downton Abbey style dress, but I'm so top heavy, and short(ish), that style doesn't suit me. I like the idea of a short dress though, especially if we are roaming around the island taking photos. I definitely don't want to deal with a train!

Ok, I have invented some sort of story about OH and I getting a fire safe box for the house and putting our important documents in it to ask my mom if she had my documents, and that maybe I should take them back with me in case I need them for the future...

That's an excellent cover story!

I also looked at bridesmaid dresses (online though, before I went to that shop) and remember a silver mother of the bride dress that was really awesome. I think your dress should reflect you!

I think that's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Now that you've purchased a house, you're going to live in the same place for a long time so it just makes sense. :)

My first dress was- meh, or at least that's how I felt about it. It was a white, long full skirt with a small train, sleeveless top where the top looked 'weaved' and had little pearls on it- your standard middle of the road Alfred Angelo number. I was never that excited about it- much like how I felt about my DH! This time I want a dress that I can't wait to wear!

Oh, and my mom said she'd look in the safe deposit box on Monday, so so far, so good!

Yay, I loved loved loved my dress it was perfect. Like sweet home Alabama dress with beading. :)

I <3 "This time I want a dress that I can't wait to wear!" [and a husband you can't wait to marry to go with it] :)

Good cover story, and frankly just a good idea all round (the fire safety box!). :lol:

I love Alfred Angelo dresses! I had a shortlist of 2, and actually went with the other one but I actually travelled to a city several hours away (big deal in NI ;) ) to a shop that stocked AA cos I really loved the dresses.

I remember the ash cloud well, cos that was the weekend we got married. We lost 1/3 of our guests, and instead of the fabulously luxurious and relaxing honeymoon that DH had booked (and kept a secret from me) in Kefalonia, we went to the lake district, cos we could take a ferry....

I would love to visit Italy. I also really like Greece. I lived in Germany for a year when I was studying, as I was doing German at uni. DH has never been there, so we plan a trip someday.

Great cover story about the fire safe :thumbup:. Glad your mom seems to be going along with it with no questions :haha:.

I am here!! Excited for a wedding journal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->