Fezzle's secret wedding planning

So, my mom didn't have anything! Except my baptismal certificate which I took anyway (maybe useful for getting children into Catholic school?). I've ordered all my certificates though and have already got my birth certificate. I ordered both a marriage and divorce certificate from NC, not sure if I'll need the marriage one, and then found that one in my wedding album after I'd sent the order in! They are being sent to me in the UK.

Once I have the certificates in my possession, we can start booking things!

Also, I had loads of wedding talk from my parents this weekend. My brother is getting it too (he and his girlfriend are both 36 and have been together 6.5 years). Hopefully they won't be too disappointed that they won't be a part of it. I am not sure we're going to be able to avoid some sort of post-wedding reception.

Glad the paperwork is moving along!

I'm so excited that everything is coming together!

Argh, if you don't want to organise a post-wedding party, maybe you could get them to throw you a (small!) party? I know two of my friends here did that - eloped but let their parents throw a bash afterwards.

I think we'll do a post-wedding meal rather than a party, since my parents are in the US and any party they had there would be some relatives and then mostly their friends. And probably involve ballroom dancing.

My parents are planning on taking the family on a cruise in Aug. (them, me and OH, my brother and his girlfriend) and my dad keeps saying we're going to have a double wedding on the cruise, so we're going to nip that in the bud!

Since we're talking about a European cruise (Scandinavia or the Mediterranean), we can just do a nice family meal before or after it in the UK, where my (immediate) family can meet OH's (immediate) family.

i know a couple who just got married three times- they live in England, she's American, and he's Australian, so they got married on three continents!

Once I get my divorce certificate, there will be more exciting things in this journal! Also OH needs to take some sort of HR test and then see what happens with this new job. He's wavered a bit about taking it now if he's offered it, but he's still leaning that way. But until he knows where he'll be working in late March/early April, he can't request the time off, so we can't book anything until we know he's off work too.

But- last night I started looking at rings! I think I'll need to try on different types. I have seen some I think are pretty, but I am not much of a ring wearer.

I never wore rings until I got my engagement ring. Can we see pictures of the possible rings?
I have friends that have been married twice. One eloped then did ceremony six months later. The other got married in Australia but she's American so they are planning an American ceremony

Oooh oooh rings! I am not a ring wearer either (hence only having one engagement+wedding ring) but I enjoyed looking for something that suited my style.

I love my engagement+wedding ring but I am amazed at how much my style preferences have changed since I was 28 years old. I can't wait to see all your style choices.

My first wedding ring (which I picked out when I was 21) was an eternity band with little diamonds all around it. My engagement ring, which I wore with it, was a fairly simple diamond solitaire, both in yellow gold bands.

I'm not sure how well the links will work but-

Probably my favourite sort (even if this one is already sold). Or similarly, this one.

I love this one and love Tiffany's, but it would probably cost multiple times more than the wedding! Then again, if it is a ring for life...

Or a really thin one like this one or just a completely simple skinny band.

It'll just be one band, and most likely not a solitaire, though I do like some of the antique looking solitaires with non-diamond gem stones too.

In general I like the more antique looking ones. I seem to be attracted to 'milgrain' engraving and also pave set stones (both terms I've just learnt!). I also like ones that are fairly thin or delicate looking as that's what looks best on my hands. I think I'll need to try some on to see how they really look though!

So pretty the one that's sold is marvelous, it will be so pretty.

Glad you got your birth certificate. Stinks your mom didn't have all your important documents though!

I went to catholic school for several years but I was never baptised and pretty sure my parents weren't either :haha:. So don't know if that is necessary.

Love your ring choices!

Those are all so beautiful!

I didn't really wear jewelry (unless going out) until OH got my promise ring, then engagement ring, then enagement ring with a stone, and now wedding band! :wacko: lol I wear the engagement ring with stone, wedding band and promise ring on my right hand.

I went to catholic school for several years but I was never baptised and pretty sure my parents weren't either :haha:. So don't know if that is necessary.

You can go if you're not Catholic, but Catholic children get priority for the spaces, which can be cut throat here for good schools (Catholic schools here are free). The non-Catholic primary schools around us are good, so there are other options, but not so much the secondary schools.

Oooooooooh!!! I LOVE the antique/filigree/milgrain look, my pinterest board was full of that style. This is my ring, although we replaced the centre stone with a slightly darker sapphire:

https://www.topazery.com/graphics/rg3477-2.jpg

https://www.topazery.com/graphics/rg3477-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"