• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finally success after 5 years unexplained infertility

thank you Mo! I really do feel such a sense of relief after that scan. I know that there is still a ways to go until I'm out of the first tri but I really feel like they're healthy and that I'm going to be able to hold them and kiss them and just love them in 30ish short weeks!

thanks bubu and babydancing!

I really love them so much it's insane considering I haven't even really met them yet but they're my little loves.

I'm going to start interviewing hospitals now, finding a high risk ob, looking into savings accounts for them for college, and possibly start some prenatal yoga! Now that I feel I can relax I'm really happy to start doing all things mommy. It's exciting!

Babies look fantastic Ash!! I remember the ultrasound tech telling me after the 8week scan you're chances are so low of not making it to term. She also called this the tweety bird stage with their big heads and wittle arms and legs!

I'm not a dreamer normally and I had crazy dreams while pregnant! Insomnia is also a pregnancy thing. So really you are having symptoms. Just not the traditional ones people talk about. You'll soon discover a new world of pregnancy related symptoms that people don't tell you about! :haha:

Beautiful scan pictures! I am so glad that everything continues to go great with the twins! That is wonderful that you are shopping for baby items and really starting to enjoy the pregnancy! I know it feels slow right now with time and waiting on appointments, but before you know it the time will start to pick up and the twins will be here, so enjoy it well you can!

I have two green olives today! Yay! I can't believe I'm already 9 weeks. Time really does fly. It feels like yesterday at 4 weeks I got my official beta.

DH and I have been spending a nice weekend together. Yesterday we went out and go some stuff for our apartment then had a nice lunch on University Ave in Palo Alto. It's just a nice walking down with shops and little cafes. Super cute. Well I had a prawn salad and by the end I was in the bathroom. I didn't have a full blown vomit session but I was gagging. It was gross!

I am a little stressed (surprise!) that I'm not eating enough. Especially protein. It's really important in pregnancy and I have definitely not been getting enough. Chicken makes me sick, eggs don't sit well with me, I can't eat greek yogurt or even plain yogurt. It is making me feel like I'm a bad mom for not just sucking it up and eating those things that I know I need but don't want. I decided that I am going to see a dietician since it's covered by my insurance to try and get on a meal plan that will work for me.

I'm starting a food journal to keep track of what I'm eating that way I really know how much protein I'm consuming. Plus I'm sure the dietician will want to see this information anyways.

I had two hard boiled eggs this morning for breakfast since they have about 6 grams of protein each but by the end I was almost vomiting them up. It's uncomfortable but I'm going to do it.

Any advice on what you girls ate during the beginning when certain foods just didn't sit well with you?

Oh and let me say that I can eat most junk food with no problems ... it's mostly the stuff that's good for me that I have a hard time eating.

On a good note: I'm having sickness! :haha: Totally ridiculous to be happy about it but I sort of am.

Well I'm off to spend the rest of the day with my honey!

Smoothies are a good option and you can get protein added in. Or if you make your own look for a good quality protein powder to add in with fruits and veggies.
As far as what to eat goes: It's hard when things just don't do well. Eat what you can. First tri (and still somehow) carbs were my best friend. Watch he at sauces though. Pb&j sandwiches are good. You've got 2 growing in there so it's harder to get good nutrition when you feel sick. Any source of protein is good so snack on cheese sticks when you can too. Sickness is great but a pain at the same time.

I go in for my first OB appointment today. I'm looking forward to finding out how the aftermath of ivf is going to work. I have a ton of questions for my doctor! I hope she doesn't get irritated with me. :haha: DH is tagging along so I have a second set of ears to help me remember everything she says.

I'm wondering though if I'll be able to see the babies today? In your experience have you gotten a scan when you had your first prenatal with your OB?

My appointment is at 4pm and I will be counting down the hours!

Yesterday I got the results of my blood draw to see how the weaning process was going. I was down to 2 patches and 2 endometrin and my e2 was around 2600 and my p4 was 54. Everything is looking good so tomorrow we go down to 1 patch, 1 endometrin, then retest blood work on Friday. I'm excited to be weaning but so scared too! I'm going to be a normal pregnant person very soon and it terrifies me. I've always had doctors monitoring me almost everyday, it's definitely going to be weird to not have to go to a ton of doctors appointments every week or insert any medications into my body besides my prenatal vitamin. It is surreal!

I hope you are all doing well!

Celebrations all around! I had my first appointment with my OB and everything is perfect. :happydance: I'm going to stick with her because she seems confident and sure of herself with twin pregnancies. She has good rules of thumb for delivery date and what is considered "term" for twins. Overall I'm really happy with her and she is affiliated with the hospital I wanted to give birth at so ... I'm going this route.

The babies!

They are measuring 9w1d and 8w6d, both so cute! They both have heartbeats of 185. I had DH record the session so I can listen to their heartbeats whenever I want but I am over the moon. I'm going to start buying some clothes, stocking their room with baby necessities, and nesting. Slowly of course because I would like to have something to do the entire time I'm pregnant but I'm looking forward to getting started. She will not let me go past 38 weeks pregnant (due to complications that can occur) so we'll be meeting our little ones in the beginning of October. And she is a supporter of induction but highly recommends an epidural in case there is an emergency. If the epidural is already in they're able to get the drugs to me much faster and get the babies/baby out much faster.

I think we have a good plan and I am just so excited that I'm starting to feel like a normal pregnant woman. No more REI appointments for me.

So glad all was great!! What a nice experience you had with your ob. I'm debating changing mine. I had a different one last time but idk. Will see. So awesome you can start buying things and know genders already! I'm so excited for you :) it's awesome knowing rei treatment is done.

I am so glad that everything went well with your appointment and that the babies are doing great! :thumbup: That is awesome that you like your OB! She sounds great! Have fun shopping for baby clothes! I always loved going to the consignment stores and sales because so many things are just gently used and you can save lots of $$ that way! I actually went way overboard with baby stuff when I was pregnant with the twins! LOL! I bought way more stuff then I actually needed but it was fun well I was doing it! LOL!

I love home dopplers!

I found a heartbeat today! I'm not stressed at all about not finding two. For all I know it could have been two different ones but I am very happy. I tried at 7 weeks and couldn't hear anything but wasn't sad because I knew it was very early but within a minute I was able to hear it this time. So pleased! It's such a nice treat to be able to hear.

I think I'd go crazy trying to find 2!! Glad you heard one

That is wonderful that you found the twin's heart beats with your doppler! It is so neat and can put your mind at ease listening to them beat away! The sound always reminded me of horses galloping!

I used one with the twins and it helped me figure out that we were having B&G twins! One always had a way faster heart beat then the other, so I had a gut feeling they were B&G but the doppler just made me even more sure until we made it to the gender scan! :thumbup: You are lucky you already know the genders though! LOL! :haha: It will be interesting to see if their heart rates are different like my two were! I hope you have a Happy Easter! :flower:

Wanna - I don't know if I believe in the heart rate being linked to gender thing but it's not so much of an issue for me anyways since we did genetic testing. :D I'm just so happy to be able to hear something now that I'm far enough along.

I had blood work this morning to check my progesterone and estrogen and things are looking good. Today is my last day of endometrin and vivelle patches! E2 is at 2700, and p4 is at 47.3. I am so excited but a little scared too. I'm still on the PIO every other day 1ml in the morning, and I'm still taking oral estrace 2mg, 2x/day. I'm sure those will start being weaned next week. I go back on Monday for blood work to check levels! Woot! :happydance: I'm becoming a normal pregnant person! DH and I are going to clean off the bathroom counter of all the meds except what I still need of course. Exciting times.

Happy Easter everyone!

I have two little prunes today! I woke up in a panic that something happened to my babies so I used my doppler and guess what?! Found them both so easily. One is still pretty far down in my pelvis but the other is higher about an inch of so below my belly button. I am so grateful that I heard them today. I don't know why I'm anxious because they looked great and sounded great on ultrasound but ... I am. If the doppler eases my mind ... Then I'm going to use it.

I hope everyone has a great day with family and/or friends!

Oh and our stroller will be here in late April! We're so excited about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->