Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

I don't blame her, I'm sure she was just following hospital policy and had just never encountered anyone who wanted to decline routine care before. My local hospital is pretty policy focused and I really want nothing to do with them unless absolutely necessary as a result. My second daughter was breech and despite 3 of 4 of the consultants being very skilled at breech births they wouldn't bend to hospital policy of no breech births. Fair enough I don't fault them for that, but at 38 weeks they insisted my only option was a cesarean and when I said I didn't consent to a cesarean and would be finding another option elsewhere they put me in the books for a cesarean anyway (scheduled for 39+4) I said again I would not be having a scheduled one and to take me off the books. If I couldn't find an alternative to scheduled cesarean I would be going in for an "emergency" one once labour started. They said "you can call to have it removed when you've made other arrangements" on mybwaybout I told the receptionist to please unscheduled my cesarean they had refused to remove. Two days later I got a call saying "were confused about whether or not you want this cesarean that's scheduled for you and crossed out with a note and I said absolutely not interested in it I am making altenate arrangements at a different hospital. My 39 week appointment the consultant on that week had agreed to let me have a trial of labor if I went into labor before 40 weeks while he was on) my hospital each consultant has a one week rotation)
At 39+2 I was called with information about prep for my scheduled cesarean and I said are you kidding me I've cancelled it 4 times, have booked in at a different hospital for the birth if I go past 40 weeks in will not be there. At my 40 week appointment which I went to to get all my notes to take to the other hospital (3 hours away) I was confirming with the registrar if the consultant had actually completed my transfer to the other hospital as discussed. He was unreachable so she called the consultant on for that week, the only one I hadn't yet met and she greeted me with " oh so YOU'RE the one who didn't show up for her cesarean" :saywhat: and then she had the audacity to tell me the other hospital didn't do breech births any more which is a downright LIE because nits right there on the hospital website that they have a breech clinic. I went for coffee while waiting for the previous consultant to get ou of surgery and then was called back and told I had an appointment at the breech clinic at the other hospital the following day and a scan prior.
The breech clinic was amazing, they made me feel normal for my desire to attempt a vaginal birth and not like a crazy lunatic like my local hospital implied, they told me I was a perfect candidate, shared their statistics of successful vbb vs emergency cesarean and further breakdown of how many of those were actually scary emergencies and it was all very reassuring and I went on to have a perfect vbb 4 days later. But I still have a lot of anxiety around my local hospital for the way they bullied me those final weeks.

NDH OMG that is crazy I think some hospitals are lacking in care and very laid back when you sometimes want them to check more were as others are OTT and caught up with not getting slapped with a law suit ! plus well done for standing you ground on Breech birth

I went to slimming world this evening and lost 4 pounds this week phew all down to healthy eating though

I tested with a HPT its the 20 MLU and there is barely a hint of a line it is so faint have some watery pinkish discharge now :shrug: hope that is normal

Wow NDH. Insane! I'd be staying far away from that hospital!

Good work Niamh! I lost 3.5 lbs last week the same way.

AFM Lots of EWCM this afternoon. So either I ovulated already or probably today since I've been having it for the last few days. So. If I did. I may be PG this month..... Will have to watch my temps I guess and see if they rise indicating ovulation. Unless I just have a cycle with no ovulation.

So just out of curiosity, who is trying right away and who is waiting a cycle or 2?
I really want to try right away (if my hpt ever goes negative) but I did use the misoprostol to help me miscarry. I had a mmc at 8 weeks.
My OB said to wait a full cycle but I've seen lots of ladies get pregnant without ever getting their period.
What do you all think?

Hello Ladies,

I've been reading through these posts and I think this is the group I am looking for. These posts pretty much touch on everything I am feeling:

TTC#1, on cycle 3 my husband and I got our BFP, unfortunately only to end 9 days later, on my husbands birthday. I felt like I shouldn't have been as upset as I was, but we had wanted it so badly. My husband is a very calm person and doesn't get upset much, so seeing him not even able to talk about it to anyone was really hard and I felt awful.

I thought my cycle would be normal again right after, I didn't think that having a mc so early (not even 5 weeks) would have this kind of effect. I am very regular 32/33 day cycle, O on CD21. My OPKs this month initially indicated that would be the same, but it did not happen. OPKs turned negative with no BBT shift. Then became positive after with a slow rise shift sowing O to be 2 days late. At 8DPO started spotting, again today, so I know this is AF (though with my symptoms 3 days ago I would have bet on me being pregnant) so my cycle length is the same, but my LP was cut short. I am afraid I may have a luteal phase defect. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Even before the chemical, my LP was 11-12 days, but I spot for a few days before. Please help. Sorry this is so long. I appreciate your time!

I'm so sorry. (Hugs)
I too have a short LP and have had great success taking B6 and B12 together. Or a B complex. Whatever is handy. It can be a bit hard on your tummy.
I've just added in coq10 as I've read good things about that helping egg quality. Worth a try!
Good luck.

I'm waiting a cycle. I want to make sure all is fully healed before I try again. I also want to have a way to date. I just had my mc on Tuesday so still recovering but I'm set on waiting a month :)

Also need to make sure all came out first. My ultrasound is on Monday. I think I gained a pound or two this week. Lots of rest and eating chocolates in bed for me. Can't wait to get back to the gym on Monday. Whew.

Love4you I can't find any evidence based reasons to wait to TTC following misoprostol. The usual variation of no need to wait to try again to a recommendation to wait one or two cycles even, depending on the Dr. The leaflet doesn't have a warning about getting pregnant too soon afterwards. So I would say do what you're comfortable with.

I spent a week in my jammies eating nothing but comfort food.
My goal the next few weeks is healthy eating.
I don't know that I have the self restraint to wait. I think we'll just NTNP for a bit and see what happens.
Hope your follow up is good news.

Tiny welcome! So sorry about your loss, fingers crossed for healthy babies soon!

Natalie that is crazy about you hospital chasing you about those hcgs. Im in Australia too and in both mcs and the chemical I have never had serial hcg testing. I ve just gone to the gp, not the hospital, but basically I've just been left to get on with myself, no follow up appointment or anything which I'm happy about.

I'm in two minds whether to wait a cycle or not. My only concern is that there is something there like a septum that will make me mc again so I dont know whether to wsit for testing or not. Otherwise id be 100% trying straight away. Thats how my dd1 was conceived, straight after a mc.

I'm trying this cycle. I know why I miscarried (I got sick), the midwifes said it was fine and told me to go for it. I think if I spontaneously miscarried and they didn't know why they would tell me to wait for the post mortum tests to come up and see if they need to do any care differently. We had one anyway just to be safe, but everyone is 99% sure that is what it is.

I go to slimming world to and joined after I got out of hospital. In two weeks I lost 12lbs, so really pleased with myself. I'm also annoyed with myself as I had to discard todays temp as I woke up late and I kicked my covers off in the night so my temp was so low that it didn't make sense to any chart. Bummer really as today it should of gone back up and given me more clues to if I was pregnant or not. Always tomorrow though.

Wow NDH. Insane! I'd be staying far away from that hospital!

Good work Niamh! I lost 3.5 lbs last week the same way.

AFM Lots of EWCM this afternoon. So either I ovulated already or probably today since I've been having it for the last few days. So. If I did. I may be PG this month..... Will have to watch my temps I guess and see if they rise indicating ovulation. Unless I just have a cycle with no ovulation.

Thanks and well done to you as well :happydance: hoping I can lose some more before getting pregnant again! EWCM that sounds OV is on the way

So just out of curiosity, who is trying right away and who is waiting a cycle or 2?
I really want to try right away (if my hpt ever goes negative) but I did use the misoprostol to help me miscarry. I had a mmc at 8 weeks.
My OB said to wait a full cycle but I've seen lots of ladies get pregnant without ever getting their period.
What do you all think?
I am TCC straight away, I do not want to wait I did not wait after my first MC so hoping I get lucky again this time :flower: although I am hoping we all get lucky I want every one to get thier BFP with me :winkwink:

I'm trying this cycle. I know why I miscarried (I got sick), the midwifes said it was fine and told me to go for it. I think if I spontaneously miscarried and they didn't know why they would tell me to wait for the post mortum tests to come up and see if they need to do any care differently. We had one anyway just to be safe, but everyone is 99% sure that is what it is.

I go to slimming world to and joined after I got out of hospital. In two weeks I lost 12lbs, so really pleased with myself. I'm also annoyed with myself as I had to discard todays temp as I woke up late and I kicked my covers off in the night so my temp was so low that it didn't make sense to any chart. Bummer really as today it should of gone back up and given me more clues to if I was pregnant or not. Always tomorrow though.

well done I love slimming world! that is a bummer about the temps hopefully tomorrow you will have a better one and can have an idea what yesterdays might have been

I started temping this morning got 36.5 think I will have to look at my old charts and see but that would be more in line of post OV temp I think no signs of OV though CM is more watery bit pinky yesterday though :shrug:

Thought this might interest some
https://www.floliving.com/guide-int...0_1ab4db6407-103bcc6693-41414441#.VLjcWZAzFct

I wont be on facebook today so going to miss any chat on the page sorry about that

Niamh people who have never had a loss don't understand. It's not their fault but it's true, they try to give advice on something they have no clue about, they try to comfort but end up saying the wrong things. I'm usually very close to my sis and my mum but when it comes to mcs I ve learnt that it's easier for me not to tell them everything, or anything for that matter. Or I'll just end up listening to something I don't want to hear.

Niamh people who have never had a loss don't understand. It's not their fault but it's true, they try to give advice on something they have no clue about, they try to comfort but end up saying the wrong things. I'm usually very close to my sis and my mum but when it comes to mcs I ve learnt that it's easier for me not to tell them everything, or anything for that matter. Or I'll just end up listening to something I don't want to hear.

I think I will stop trying to help her by sending information on tcc she is feeling swamped we have sorted it now thankfully still feel a little delicate though

Thank you NDH for the info. I couldn't find anything about waiting a cycle after taking misoprostal vaginally. Glad you didn't find anything either.

Good on you mummy for the weight loss. I really need to motivate. I'm still nursing my 18 month old and she is on the boob like it's her job. So I'm starving all the time!! It's hard.

Celtic, I've been where you are with my sister. I called her right after my loss and and her response was that I should just be happy with the four kids I have. So comforting. I also had a friend ask if I called out of work all week because I went on a secret ski trip. Yep, I lost a baby on a tues/wed then went skiing after. Seriously.
I'm more than ok with people saying sorry and leaving it at that.

My exciting news is that my hpt was totally negative this morning. Not even a squinter! I hope this means I'll O soon.

Thank you NDH for the info. I couldn't find anything about waiting a cycle after taking misoprostal vaginally. Glad you didn't find anything either.

Good on you mummy for the weight loss. I really need to motivate. I'm still nursing my 18 month old and she is on the boob like it's her job. So I'm starving all the time!! It's hard.

Celtic, I've been where you are with my sister. I called her right after my loss and and her response was that I should just be happy with the four kids I have. So comforting. I also had a friend ask if I called out of work all week because I went on a secret ski trip. Yep, I lost a baby on a tues/wed then went skiing after. Seriously.
I'm more than ok with people saying sorry and leaving it at that.

My exciting news is that my hpt was totally negative this morning. Not even a squinter! I hope this means I'll O soon.

Oh wow at least my sister did not say that! ouch :hugs: oh and yay for negative test :happydance: waiting a another day to do another myself and hope it is negative as well

she actually sent me a lovely text say she had a good feeling that we both be pregnant together she is trying to understand!

Sorry Niamh about the sister confusion but it sounds like you two are all mended now :)

I'm in the states on our mini road trip for DH. I had some bad cramping last night. But feel better today. It seems to come in waves every 8 hours or so. Weird. I enjoyed some lovely pints on our date night last night though!

I'm excited for yiu all that are about to O! Woot woot. Way to go. I relaxed thsf with my first cm it took 7 months from first conception, through mc, d&c, regular cycles again, to pregnancy. I REALLY hope it doesn't take that this time. I only got to 9.55 weeks this time instead of 13.5. And hoping af comes back quicker. Hopefully I'll be testing again in a month or two. (Or three)

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I'm keeping everything crossed that we all get our super sticky BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->