Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

Ohhhh Amanda, you fertile turtle! I hope that really is an implantation dip!

Ninja since getting my results back saying I have these thyroid antibodies I have been doing a lot of reading around the subject. It seems that they are actually quite common, especially among women who have had miscarriages (about 20%). My thyroid function is normal, but the theory is that when you become pregnant your body needs a bit more thyroxine and if you have any thyroid issues it may not be able to increase the production adequately, and so you miscarry . That is why I'm being started on thyroxine, even though my bloods are normal. So it's definitely something you should look into as you have been on thyroxine in the past. Some studies have shown that women with normal thyroid function who have these antibodies and were started on thyroxine, the miscarriage rates dropped dramatically. They are even considering screening all women for it.

That's really good to know... I may have to book another doctors appointment to get my thyroid levels checked again. Though, I might wait till next month when I have a school break. I've already taken a lot of time off work for doctor appointments this month. My principal is going to think something is up. Lol ^.^

Haha. Thanks Steph. Waiting waiting lol.

Ninja my sister-in-law has no thyroid. She has to monitor it all the time. I don't think there's ever a bad time to get it checked!

I'm glad you ladies are finding some answers to help with your losses. I'm prating that this means a problem free rainbow baby for all!
You all definitely deserve it.
This is my first loss after 4 healthy pregnancies so my OB said it's chromosomal. Darn those birthdays!!
I really am desperate to try again but so far no real signs of O or my AF.
I think I'll do a happy dance when I finally do get my period. First time ever for that.
I have zero patience.
Besides temping, are you ladies noticing any other signs of impending O?
I've noticed ewcm but nothing else so I think that's not really it. I'm just lost this month.

haha. Love4u. I'm super impatient to and impatiently waiting for AF. First time ever wanting it :p

I had lots of EWCM around when I o'd - date figured out by CM and BBT

I'd love to temp but I have an 18 month old who thinks sleep is for other babies!
So I go by cm and cervix. My cervix has zero signs.
And with every cramp I think my period is coming. But nothing!
I was hoping things would be a bit easier by now to figure out!
I guess I'll just have to get frisky more often. So much work!! 😉

Woo hoo ajarvis. So exciting about possible implantstion dip. And even more exciting for the weekend alone. I LOVE those once in awhile. Netflix mararhons, pjs, wine, 20km runs (in your case haha)

Steph - so sRory if I've asked you to clarify this already but did they find something in your test to our yiu on that thyroid med? Or is it something I can just recommend sometime between now and getting pregnant again. Just trying to feel out how many tests I'll get answers for quickly. It sounds like here they take awhile. So I'm wondering if that's something I could be started on as a precaution if I get pregnant first. Or is it like the aspirin and recommended to wait to be diagnosed before using it as a solution.

I made it home safe. The 4.5 hour drive took me 7. Some blizzard and freezing rain came out of nowhere. Oh well. Relaxing now lol hope you ladies are great!

I just tested and got a BFN. Almost 5 weeks since miscarriage and no AF yet. Wish she would hurry up.

Well the bfn is a good sign as the hormones are now out of your system! I'm sure she's on the way soon. She always is lol. Then you can get ready to try again!

Sunshine u don't want to take Thyriod med unless u really need it!!! If u don't need it and take it it can make u Hyperthyriod! U need to have Ur fre Ts tested TSH is a BS test in my opinion!!
Also I take Armour it's a desiccated(natural) Thyriod med w synthetic u tend to have to increase your doses cuz your body gets use to it!! HTH

I got a dip too but I'm too hopeful!!

Personally I think progesterone and Asprin are things u can take w out causing issues or testing!!!
I've been told. Can never have too much P!! :shrug:

Also I've seen steroids given to people w unexplained MC!! HTH

So, I'm feeling kinda down.... DH Broke news to me yesterday that there is a job 14 hours away that work wants to send him on. It would be 6 months and he would come back for ten days once a month. It is really good for his business (his family's business) and it is really good money so he wants to take it. He promises to take me on a big trip after but I can't help but feel upset by it because it's going to throw a big wrench in our TTC plans and I am at the point where I just want a baby already. That, and we live 6 hours from my family (his is right here but it's not the same) and I don't have any friends here so I would be left all alone. We had a big long talk and both decided that him going is the best for the business and for us financially but it doesn't make me any less sad/heartbroken. I just needed to vent a bit.

So sorry u are having a hard day Ninja my husband travels also so I know how u feel about TTC long distance!

U might have to start temping if u aren't so u can get the best idea when u will ovulate and plan his 10 days home then!!

Big :hugs:

Aww I'm sorry. I know how you feel, Dh and I did distance for 3 years. It was awful. We went 6 months without seeing each other one time. I'll never do that again. I am glad you will have some family with you. Can you go visit him once or twice? I know its frustrating but maybe you can time a visit to when you're O'ing.

Vent anytime. That's what this is for.

Unfortunately, the only time off I get it when the school division gives breaks in the school year so planning to see him around O time would be nearly impossible. We'll just have to get lucky.

As for temping, I have yet to try that... Not sure how to. Guess I'll have to read up! :p

awe ninja that would definitely be hard and make ttc hard as well!

Turns out that my temp went way low and is likely not an implantation dip lol. Also with much more reading (since i had the house to myself) implantation dip doesn't mean much :p Which in retrospect is good because I'm supposed to pace a half marathon on feb 8th and not sure how I'd feel about doing that if I was 5 weeks prego. Finished a 20K training run today though and feel great! No spotting this time! Which means hopefully all my side effects from the miscarriage are gone. Back to a normal body for February ttc :)

Hey ladies only getting a chance to check on here now I have had a mad crazy busy weekend with birthday parties and my brother leaving do last night and then up in my dad for dinner today to say goodbye so home now phew I will sleep well tonight

NinjaPanda oh that sounds so hard :hugs: I second the temping fertility friend do great courses and makes charting easy as well :flower:

Sunshine hope your doing ok now :hugs:

Mummy2o sorry about the BFN :nope::hugs: hope AF comes soon so you can start again

so I am posting this here again for anyone who is not on facebook I was doing a little reserch and found this great information on preventing mc as best we can on our end of course it wont prevent it fully as if there is something wrong with baby and a mc is going to happen nothing we can do to change that :nope:

here it is and well worth a read https://natural-fertility-info.com/preventing-miscarriage

awe ninja that would definitely be hard and make ttc hard as well!

Turns out that my temp went way low and is likely not an implantation dip lol. Also with much more reading (since i had the house to myself) implantation dip doesn't mean much :p Which in retrospect is good because I'm supposed to pace a half marathon on feb 8th and not sure how I'd feel about doing that if I was 5 weeks prego. Finished a 20K training run today though and feel great! No spotting this time! Which means hopefully all my side effects from the miscarriage are gone. Back to a normal body for February ttc :)

i don't believe in implantation dips.:shy: if your cycles are regular, i am prone to believe that you have something that is "normal" for you, and that may or may not include dips and spikes at certain places. i get a dip EVERY cycle around 7 or 8dpo, and 5 BFNs to prove it doesn't necessarily mean pregnancy.:dohh: i also have an insanely spikey chart and people tell me, "you just need to chart at the same time every day." i do, thankyouverymuch!:growlmad::roll::haha: when i overlay my charts, the spikes are the same every month, so that's just my normal.:shrug: if you're temping for the first time, the first couple months are annoying because you don't have any of your own previous cycles to compare to, but eventually it becomes clearer (usually...i speak only as a person with clockwork-like regular cycles:shy:) and then when something that's different than your own normal, THEN you can get suspicious.:thumbup:

glad to hear running is starting to agree with your body more - one last big half marathon hurrah before baby??:winkwink:

Woo hoo ajarvis. So exciting about possible implantstion dip. And even more exciting for the weekend alone. I LOVE those once in awhile. Netflix mararhons, pjs, wine, 20km runs (in your case haha)

Steph - so sRory if I've asked you to clarify this already but did they find something in your test to our yiu on that thyroid med? Or is it something I can just recommend sometime between now and getting pregnant again. Just trying to feel out how many tests I'll get answers for quickly. It sounds like here they take awhile. So I'm wondering if that's something I could be started on as a precaution if I get pregnant first. Or is it like the aspirin and recommended to wait to be diagnosed before using it as a solution.

I made it home safe. The 4.5 hour drive took me 7. Some blizzard and freezing rain came out of nowhere. Oh well. Relaxing now lol hope you ladies are great!

Hey Sunshine, they tested my thyroid function (TSH and thyroxine) which came back within normal levels but they also did thyroid antibodies and found that I have high thyroglobulin antibodies. There has been some research suggesting that because these antibodies are present I could have sub-clinical hypothyroidism in pregnancy leading to miscarriages, which is why the doctor has started me on a very small amount of thyroxine. I had bloods taken and the results were back within 24 hours and the doctor has given us the go ahead to ttc, so it's not something you have to wait for. It's part of the initial recurrent miscarriage panel so I am sure once you see the fertility doctor your results would be in straight away.

Ninja that sounds so hard, all the more because it will make ttc just that little bit trickier. When is he leaving? Maybe you could already be pregnant by then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->