Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

welcome FitMama - so sorry you are here but hopefully you will find comfort here.

question about opk's, ladies. i'm not a pro at them - only used them for 2 months right before i got my bfp with my son. i didn't use them last time around.

yesterday my opk was looking pretty dark, and i thought for certain it would be + today sometime. just took one and the 2nd line is barely visible!! i'm using 3 cheapie opk's a day - morning, noon and evening, so there's no way i had a short surge and missed it. i drink tons of water - maybe almost a gallon of water a day, if you include my unsweetened iced tea.

just wondering why the line would get lighter before a +?

question about opk's, ladies. i'm not a pro at them - only used them for 2 months right before i got my bfp with my son. i didn't use them last time around.

yesterday my opk was looking pretty dark, and i thought for certain it would be + today sometime. just took one and the 2nd line is barely visible!! i'm using 3 cheapie opk's a day - morning, noon and evening, so there's no way i had a short surge and missed it. i drink tons of water - maybe almost a gallon of water a day, if you include my unsweetened iced tea.

just wondering why the line would get lighter before a +?

I use a digi opk so I don't have much experience with the ones you are using but my best guess is that it could be your urine may have been more diluted.... I don't know though, just a theory. Just like how pregnancy tests prefer flu bc it's less diluted, I would think the opk's are the same

Big :hug: I'm so sorry you are here with us instead of the Firefly's thread :( but I'm glad you've found us.

NDH just noticed freebirth under your ticker! is that what I think it is! secretly I love that :flower:

Freebirth is usually called unassisted birth, is that what you were thinking? :thumbup:

Hope everyone is doing ok today. Who is up next for testing?

Jtink I'm not super experienced with OPKs, but I do know some women do have short surges. I can test midmorning and see a moderately dark line after a faint one the day before, feel the egg pop a few hours later and get a positive if I test then, and have a definitely negative line by evening.

Good morning!
Niamh - yay 3dpo!!!!
Jtink- sorry I've never used OPKS
Ninja - are you testing super soon????

Afm I'm going home to work for a week. Not bringing any tests with me as I'm pretty sure I won't need them lol. May regret that by next friday, but who knows. I slept awful last night, we got our cats new food and the one chubby one kept walking all over me purring super loud wanting more. At. 3am. Ugh. Then she'd leave and come back. So, my temp was taken earlier and not super accurate probably. I definitely clicked "sleep deprived" this morning haha.

jtink - I typically can see a pretty clear progression leading up to ovulation but that is not true for everyone. I had multiple positive OPK's during my D&C cycle - CD's 11, 18, 19 and 22. The positive on CD 22 was the one that was actual ovulation. In between those positives the tests were unmistakably negative. It could be can that the sample was diluted. Are the tests you are using all the same brand, from the same batch?

AFM - OPK this morning was darker than yesterday's...hoping for ovulation this weekend. Our kids are not with us this weekend - what would be better than a whole weekend with nothing but fertile BD'ing? :thumbup:

Not much else to report...pretty boring day. I hope you all have a great one! :flower:
:dust:

Sunshine that's a good way to save some money on tests haha. I use to keep my cat out of my room when we had one so he couldn't bother my sleep :p plus he was little so he'd attack you randomly at 2 in the morning if your foot/hand moved

onemoretime good timing for BDing nokiddos :)

AFM I am 9DPO. My temps are still up. I don't have any symptoms. But that's normal for me. So pretty much nothing to report ha. Buying tests tonight to start testing tomorrow! Have a BDAY party to go to on Sat. If i don't have some wine they'll all be like YOU'RE PREGNANT. Which is fine if I am, but I'm so close that I don't want to have any just in case :p oh the problems lol.

Sunshine - yes, I gave in and tested this morning but got a bfn. Last time I didn't get a bfp till 16 dpo though so I'm going to test on Sat when AF is due. Today I am still nauseous and my boobs feel sore like they're bruised all over but this morning I have been randomly getting shooting pains in my left side. I'm not sure if I am out yet or not but they don't feel like AF cramps at all. My legs are sore too. Guess I will find out soon! Fx!

Ajarvis - fx you get good results soon!

NDH yep that is what I was thinking :flower:

onemore time :hugs: I know at last body started working :) now for a nice normal LP

Ajarvis just say yea to a glass, and let on to drink it, pass it to your DP if he will drink it! or will you be driving use that as an excuse FX for you testing in a few days time :flower:

Sunshine you will be eating those words LOL :hugs:

oh I can use the driving one! Didn't think of that. Won't the fiance like that. A DD without an argument :p

And YAY Niamh for 3DPO! Glad that frustration is done with!

thanks for the opk advice, ladies. i'm thinking this opk is just about +. weird that one could be so negative last night, and almost + the next day. i would love to get a digi, but honestly, i don't want to spend that much $ on them. they're so expensive! what do you guys think? almost positive?

i really have no idea what CD i am. i started very light spotting on feb. 21st, and then got what i considered AF on the 26th. i still have a tiny bit of brownish blood today, but i also BD'ed last night. i'm thinking that this cycle was just a weird long cycle after the mc.

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
what do you guys think? almost positive?

I would say yes, I would call it positive if it were mine. Those are the tests that gave me all the positive's throughout the MC cycle. I didn't ovulate until the Wondfo turned positive (two days after these tests). I'm not sure what the deal is with the pink handle tests - maybe they are more sensitive? Either way, I would bet you will see a darker line by the end of the day.

thanks for the opk advice, ladies. i'm thinking this opk is just about +. weird that one could be so negative last night, and almost + the next day. i would love to get a digi, but honestly, i don't want to spend that much $ on them. they're so expensive! what do you guys think? almost positive?

i really have no idea what CD i am. i started very light spotting on feb. 21st, and then got what i considered AF on the 26th. i still have a tiny bit of brownish blood today, but i also BD'ed last night. i'm thinking that this cycle was just a weird long cycle after the mc.

I would say yes, it is.

these are target brand opk's - i used them when i got pregnant with my son. i've never used the wondfo's, but i've never had a problem with these - they are almost always negative, and then bam, i'll get one or two positives, and then they go back negative. normally i'd like to back it up with a digi, but it doesn't fit in the budget this time around. we'll just BD constantly, then, to make sure. lol! thanks girls :)

Yes it +++ I use the same ones and my Dr sweated they were false we'll this month they match the peak so they r good!! :)
Also I have had a +++ for 3 days so don't fret if u get the same u to by the 1st one HTH

Thats what my opks do too jtink. They hardly darken before they go positive and then immediately go back to negative.

if i really think about it (it was almost 3 years ago when i was trying for my son!!), i think mine did get really light and then super dark. i'm glad we bd'ed last night, then. my lucky husband - BD every night this week! lol!!

i DO think that if you drink a bunch of water right before you take an opk, it's going to be negative. i took that + one at 10am, then drank about 1/2 gallon of water from 10-11 am. at 11am, i took another opk as a test, and it was super negative. so there you have it! use concentrated (but not fmu) pee for your opk! :)

off to the gym a little early today - DH had the day off and took my son on a nice, long walk, so i'm going to head to the gym early!

for some reason, doctors don't put a bunch of stock into opk's - not sure why. they're pretty scientific little tests. obviously not perfect or 100% correct, but they are definitely useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->