• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

hope2bmother have you ever temped before or would it drive you crazy for some it works for others it causes stress :flower: you know I had dream I MC a day or two before spotting started I think deep down I knew, I also had a dream this week I was pregnant with twin girls, now I will just take one baby and I am not picky on a boy or girl. I hate not knowing were I am in my cycle mine were not even regular before getting pregnant this time so I hope they sort them selfs out supper quick! PS actually considering changing the name from Fireflies, as want everyone to feel welcome we all need support and some were to express our feelings :hugs:

steph I hated that limbo land before MC happened! you know it will but waiting is so hard! will you wait it out or get a little help :hugs: horrible you have to wait for test

mummy2o glad the bleeding has stopped really hoping mine does soon and let the TCC with lots of :sex: and :bfp: as soon as possible

I am ok today, I have my appointment in the hospital tomorrow I just hope all is ok and nothing left behind
I started some supplements as well back on Vitamin B complex, Royal Jelly, Omega 3 and Q10 and my normal prenatal vitamins all to help a baby form and get some healthy eggs as well
feels like a lot though

Celtic,

I never asked, do you prefer to be called Niamh?

As for temping, I was recording my temp every morning prior to conceiving and then a few times during my pregnancy. I'm not sure how accurate it was b/c I am quite a restless sleeper and I usually get up in the very wee AM hours to pee! I do know my temp runs a little on the lower side… I've recently started temping again as I have a fertility app on my phone (Ovia), which I used last time to collect data and I really like it. Definitely gave me insight into my cycle.

Isn't it wild to think about how our subconscious is so in tune with what's going on in our bodies? It is both a blessing and a curse to have those sorts of dreams. I too had a dream the other night that I was pregnant again, but I think I was pregnant with a singleton. If you wind up with twin rainbow babies, that would be something else! But like you said, any rainbow baby will do! Boy! Girl! Singleton! Twins!

Hope your cycle regulates! Do you chart? I never thought my cycle was regular till I started charting! Granted, there's some variation btw cycles (one is 29 days and the next is 33 days). My luteal phase (LP), which I guess is important when it comes to risk of MC (short LP can = higher risk of MC), is btw 11 -14 days. Ideally LP is at least 12 days, from what I understand.

Oh, and regular is a misleading term! Many people think it means that your menses start on the same day every month when in all actuality being regular is getting a period every month. Do you get AF every month? How long are your cycles?

As for changing the name of the group, I personally don't think it's necessary, but maybe take a poll? I feel completely welcome here! :hugs:

Niamh is good :flower: Think I will leave the name may it be lucky for us :happydance:

I have charted before was not really this time more watching CM and other signs I normally have a 28 to 30 day cycle and OV cd 14 to 17 and normally my LP would be 14 days but after I had my youngest my cycles were very long (normal for breastfeeding and returning cycles though) Plus the added huge amounts of stress in August and September after when I lost my mum, I have only had max 4 AF since he was born and 2 were 50 or more days long and then 2 at 31 days but I was OV late and LP was very short 6 days and was slowly creeping up to max 9 days that was my previous cycle before BFP , ( so I wonder if that was a factor in my MC) 9 days is on the short side

back on my Vitamin B complex which is meant to help that and I took Maca to help AF back and it worked so going to take that again to help sort out my cycles
I am hoping OV sorts it self out I had noticed it was very painful sometimes I needed pain relief and my boobs would be very sore around OV which were symptoms I never had before which I thought would not let me get pregnant till is sorted it self out so I was delighted when I got my BFP

I am back charting with fertility friend and got some OPK to try I have never used them before should be fun or annoying :haha: might start temping again guess it would be good to know in case I got a BFP for dating.

I am not surprised your emotions are running high it is a roller-coaster and hormones have a huge part to play dam things! I would block your friends news feed showing up that way you can still be friends, I also wanted to say something on my news feed about MC but think I will wait on till October and hopefully some will have or be due at that point to help ease the pain
no one knew I was pregnant only my 2 sisters and my best friend doubt I will tell others either

Sorry to have been calling you Celtic up till now! From now on, I'll call you Niamh. You can call me Zoë, since that's my real name.

I am sooooo out of the habit of charting. I take my temp one morning and then forget for the next 5 mornings. Then I'm up and about and go, "Oh heck! I totally forgot to get my temp!" Ha! Maybe I should set an alarm.

Yeah, bloody emotions are everywhere, but today seems to be a bit better, maybe b/c there are signs of AF. And I did unfollow the serial baby poster.

How are you feeling today?

Zoe, I follow a serial pregnancy poster. Drives me cray cray 😖😖😖

Zoe, I follow a serial pregnancy poster. Drives me cray cray ������

Drives me absolutely bonkers!:devil:

I feel better having unfollowed her, but I'm also friends with her in-laws, parents, as well as her siblings, so I haven't been able to escape it completely, though I may unfollow all of them. 1 or 2 photos every now and then would be fine, but she's posting what feels like hundreds of photos every day. I even asked one of my sisters if she thought I was just being sensitive, but she agreed it was over the top. :nope:

This probably sounds really bad, but I REALLY hope that she sees my post about National Infant and Pregnancy Loss on Oct. 15, 2015 and realizes that not everyone gets so lucky with their pregnancies. I'm actually thinking about posting some statistics on MC at that time… I can't be her only friend who is hurting looking at the endless posts about her baby.

Hope you'll be able to unfollow your serial pregnancy poster for your own sanity!

I have my d&c booked but now I'm hoping it happens naturally before then. The d&c was fine, easy recovery but I'm a little anxious when it comes to hospitals. I've had brown cm since yesterday but no blood yet. Is this how anyone else started? I don't want to take the pills, but if it happens naturally I'd be happy. I had some dull cramping last night as well but it's gone now....

That is how mine started hun x

Had my scan complete mc she was lovely and told me to ring when I get a bfp again as they book me in for a scan at 6 weeks I am wasteing time till I get my train home be on later to respond better

Ah :hugs: what hospital did you go to??

The coombe in Dublin they were very good to me

Yay ajarvis!!!! Hope that's it for you.

I, on the other hand, am happy because I started bleeding. Woke up this morning and had a gush. It was mucosy and a deep red/brown. Still can't believe how fast this is happening. Only 5 days ago we saw a bean and heartbeat of 124.
'

It is just so surreal I think and it is still sinking in for me, hope it all goes well and not to much discomfort for you :hugs:

Just got a call from the midwife and my hCG is down to 1.6 mIU/ml! So that's awesome news! Also, I think AF may be just around the corner… TMI WARNING… my CM is blood tinged, which is what used to happen right before AF pre-MC. Fingers crossed!

And the awesome thing is that if this is AF knocking, she will be right on schedule with the pre-MC AF! :happydance:

this is the only time I will call on some one AF to come :flower: so you get to try again :happydance: I am doing ok to day had a lovely nap this afternoon! I am lucky I do not have anyone sharing loads of baby stuff! now my hubby brother I had to block his newsfeed he drives me batty! he post a minute by minute update to what he is doing all day :dohh:

So bleeding has eased off which is great! TMI but my poor bits as sore I am over wearing ST I have very sensitive skin anyway so this is not helping at all! still passing a few little clots :shrug: so ready for that to be gone

My bf baby died the day I found out I was pregnant the second time. It was horrible it was the hospitals fault. Then I MC a month later the day I started back work and had to go to A&E that night go to work the next day then hospital the following day. I don't know how people can be so insensitive I really don't. My sister who had been ttc 4years lost her baby aswel. It's such a painful time. My heart goes out to anyone who MC. It's horrible.

My bf baby died the day I found out I was pregnant the second time. It was horrible it was the hospitals fault. Then I MC a month later the day I started back work and had to go to A&E that night go to work the next day then hospital the following day. I don't know how people can be so insensitive I really don't. My sister who had been ttc 4years lost her baby aswel. It's such a painful time. My heart goes out to anyone who MC. It's horrible.

That must of been so hard :hugs:

I have my d&c booked but now I'm hoping it happens naturally before then. The d&c was fine, easy recovery but I'm a little anxious when it comes to hospitals. I've had brown cm since yesterday but no blood yet. Is this how anyone else started? I don't want to take the pills, but if it happens naturally I'd be happy. I had some dull cramping last night as well but it's gone now....

That is how mine started hun x

Had my scan complete mc she was lovely and told me to ring when I get a bfp again as they book me in for a scan at 6 weeks I am wasteing time till I get my train home be on later to respond better

Ah :hugs: what hospital did you go to??

The coombe in Dublin they were very good to me

Yay ajarvis!!!! Hope that's it for you.

I, on the other hand, am happy because I started bleeding. Woke up this morning and had a gush. It was mucosy and a deep red/brown. Still can't believe how fast this is happening. Only 5 days ago we saw a bean and heartbeat of 124.
'

It is just so surreal I think and it is still sinking in for me, hope it all goes well and not to much discomfort for you :hugs:

Just got a call from the midwife and my hCG is down to 1.6 mIU/ml! So that's awesome news! Also, I think AF may be just around the corner… TMI WARNING… my CM is blood tinged, which is what used to happen right before AF pre-MC. Fingers crossed!

And the awesome thing is that if this is AF knocking, she will be right on schedule with the pre-MC AF! :happydance:

this is the only time I will call on some one AF to come :flower: so you get to try again :happydance: I am doing ok to day had a lovely nap this afternoon! I am lucky I do not have anyone sharing loads of baby stuff! now my hubby brother I had to block his newsfeed he drives me batty! he post a minute by minute update to what he is doing all day :dohh:

So bleeding has eased off which is great! TMI but my poor bits as sore I am over wearing ST I have very sensitive skin anyway so this is not helping at all! still passing a few little clots :shrug: so ready for that to be gone

You will all know when the good old :witch: comes! Haha! Yup, Naimh, I agree, it's the only time I will call on AF to come… I'm so EXCITED about her arrival!

Ahhh a good nap sounds absolutely delightful! :sleep:

Yes, you are very lucky not to have deal with endless pregnancy/baby updates, but the minute by minute updates about ANYTHING would drive me bonkers. And I can't think of a single person in the universe who I'd want to know about their minute by minute activities. Looks like we all have a few people we could unfollow, though you already have, Niamh.

Glad to hear that the bleeding has eased off a bit. Hope it all stops soon and you get back to baseline. Sorry to hear about the soreness.

Hmmmm so I tried to call my dr to see about the pills but they were closed. I doubt my body will do this naturally. It didn't last time. I think the d&c is my only option but I will try again to call Monday.

DH just got home from dinner. It's been a long, tough week. I'm crampy but no bleeding.

This is weird but I was thinking about where we all live. I'm in Canada, but I really don't belong here lol. I belong somewhere hot, or In England. But c'est la vie. I was looking at booking a vacay for March for when DH finishes up school. It's been a tough 4 years for us. Married for 5, but we lived apart for 3 while he was in med school. Since e've been back living together we've had 2 mc and him working 50 hour weeks. Oh and we have more stress coming up in March while we wait to hear where he gets a job in the US.

We. Need. A. Break. Lol.

Zoe the serial baby posters drive me crazy too, and I have two babies! I think it's easy to assume when we see people with their babies or big pregnant bellies that they got pregnant on the first try and never had a mc, and we (well I do) end up feeling a bit resentful. You never know though, this woman might have had several losses before her baby. I think no one that knows me would ever think I've had 3 mcs. It's def something that needs to be talked about more. Oh and hcg being down is awesome news!

Niamh glad the bleeding is easing off.

Sunshine it sounds like you've had a really tough time and I really hope you get a break soon. This year is starting of shitty for all of us, but let's hope it ends with babies in our arms or in our bellies to put it all right. The waiting around to bleed is the worst part I think. I've gone from brown cm yesterday to full on bleeding with clots today so it can progress quite quickly. Big :hugs:

Hmmmm so I tried to call my dr to see about the pills but they were closed. I doubt my body will do this naturally. It didn't last time. I think the d&c is my only option but I will try again to call Monday.

DH just got home from dinner. It's been a long, tough week. I'm crampy but no bleeding.

This is weird but I was thinking about where we all live. I'm in Canada, but I really don't belong here lol. I belong somewhere hot, or In England. But c'est la vie. I was looking at booking a vacay for March for when DH finishes up school. It's been a tough 4 years for us. Married for 5, but we lived apart for 3 while he was in med school. Since e've been back living together we've had 2 mc and him working 50 hour weeks. Oh and we have more stress coming up in March while we wait to hear where he gets a job in the US.

We. Need. A. Break. Lol.

Wow! Lived apart for 3 years while he was in school and now he's working 50 hours a week! That's a lot! He's a dedicated man! And you are right, you both need a break! I bet a vacation would be just what the doctor ordered. Hope you get one soooooon! Me and my DH thought it was bad when we had to date long distance while I was in grad school in Boston! But our experience pales in comparison. Let me know if you wind up in Ohio! That's where my DH and I live.

Zoe meant to say do not worry about calling me Celtic :flower: has the witch arrived yet, have you a plan of action moving forward for Trying this month. I have started charting on fertility friend again. think if I really want to pinpoint ovulation I might have to temp but going to try opks for the first time that's is if my cycle behaves.

steph how are you doing Ok I hope how did you fair out last night did you get any sleep :hugs:

Sunshine I spotted for a week before my MC began it was pink to brown to red sometimes a good bit I also noticed cramps in my lower back and tummy on and off till Sunday night were they came in a pattern and passed big clots your body will do it but it may take a while to happen. hope you can get through to your doctor today and see what they say because I know waiting and waiting is awful :hugs: :growlmad:
hope you get some quality time with your hubby and a holiday

ajarvis yay :happydance: are you going to wait or try straight away I am glad the bleeding is stopping

Hope everyone is coping ok especially those currently still going through your MC.

Those that have stopped bleeding, are you waiting for AF to appear before you start trying again? I've heard that's the advice especially if like me you have had a D&C. I didn't really get any advice from the dr so was just wondering if that's what is advised?

Xx

Hope everyone is coping ok especially those currently still going through your MC.

Those that have stopped bleeding, are you waiting for AF to appear before you start trying again? I've heard that's the advice especially if like me you have had a D&C. I didn't really get any advice from the dr so was just wondering if that's what is advised?

Xx

I think they say wait one cycle to try for dating purposes and to make sure your emotionally ready again, but many get pregnant before AF arrives I did after my first mc, I was told to wait 1 cycle but I am breastfeeding and it could be weeks before I ov again so I think I will try sooner rather than wait

Thanks. I feel like I want to try straight away but am a bit nervous if I do get pregnant before waiting one cycle incase my bodies not ready, if that makes sense. I also use to have long cycles so want to start trying again ASAP as don't want a huge age gap between my daughter and another baby (if I'm lucky enough to have another).

FX everything works out for you soon, good luck.

Thanks. I feel like I want to try straight away but am a bit nervous if I do get pregnant before waiting one cycle incase my bodies not ready, if that makes sense. I also use to have long cycles so want to start trying again ASAP as don't want a huge age gap between my daughter and another baby (if I'm lucky enough to have another).

FX everything works out for you soon, good luck.

I understand I was worried about that as well, so did some reading up and have started taking some supplements to help my body recover and have every thing there a baby needs to grow healthy

If you don't mind me asking what supplements are you taking? I read you said about B vitamins in an earlier post are these what you are taking?

I've read that after a D&C some say your lining is too thin to keep a baby if you get pregnant too soon, but have also read lots of people that have got pregnant straight away and had a healthy baby! So confusing.

If you don't mind me asking what supplements are you taking? I read you said about B vitamins in an earlier post are these what you are taking?

I've read that after a D&C some say your lining is too thin to keep a baby if you get pregnant too soon, but have also read lots of people that have got pregnant straight away and had a healthy baby! So confusing.

I know I doubt they take all of your lining out in a DnC I mc naturally so I do not know for sure

Supplements I am taking
Vitamin B complex with folic acid B6 helps you have the correct length LP (mine was on the short side before I got pregnant) and Vitamin B12 enhances the occurrence of ovulation, it also improves the inner lining of the uterus, thus creating a favorable environment for the implantation of the fertilized eggs.

Conenzyme Q10 which is for healthy egg production being older now 40 in June it can only help my chances and sure it wont do any harm as it is very good for your skin works on cell division

Pregnacare they are the vitamins your probably all ready taking

Omega 3 that is to make sure I have enough of what baby needs to grow healthy

Royal Jelly is rich in Amino acids it helps balance hormones but also helps the womb and lining, it also increases libido, Support egg and sperm health, diminish and reduce the signs of ageing,to reduce inflammation caused by illness or injury,to naturally boost the body’s immune system, it is also thought to help de stress as well.

Maca there is to much to write about maca, it is one I would recommend to anyone TCC it is amazing, in short it balances the hormones again helps in egg production and sperm it adapts to what ever the user needs but is it a vegetable so safe to take

Sorry for the essay but that my lot for now LOL :haha:

Thanks ladies -- it definitely wasn't easy living apart. Yikes. Definitely tested us, not in a good way. But the good thing about us is that once we come back together and live together, it's like water under the bridge. We settle right back in, no disagreements or anything. I really did hit the jackpot, he's smart AND likes to cook haha. But I feel like something has to come our way sometime right? It's been a rough go so far!

Neo - I had a d&C in the summer and I was advised to wait a cycle to make sure my body was physically ready to be pregnant, and give the uterus time to heal. Also, just to prepare you (you may be different), I got my first af 6 weeks after my d&c, after that my cycles changed from 28 days to 23. They were also a lot heavier and I had cramps (which I'd never had during af). So Sept was like that, and then in October it was literally THE WORST AF of my life. I won't get into the details, but lets just say I believe it was my bodies way of showing me it was fully flushed out and ready to go. It felt like 4 af's built up and coming out at once. Right after that, I got pregnant again. So I truly feel my body was not ready until then. And once it was, bingo!

That being said, I have also heard of people getting pregnant immediately after. It depends on how your body reacts. How far along were you? My advice would just be to not expect your body to be the exact same as before - I'd been 28 days forever, and then suddenly 23, which meant figuring out a new O date. These things take time, so as long as you're prepared for that you'll do wonderful. And like I said, every body is different...just telling you my experience after my D&c.

Celtic, I love your name (Niamh), it's lovely!

Hope - thanks! I believe any distance is hard though. We were together for 4 years before we got married, then one year later we started our distance. It was awful. I'm a pretty independent lady so I was fine emotionally and kept busy, but at the end I realized I was just putting on a tough face and dealing with it. It didn't mean I liked it lol.

Steph - I agree. I think people need to be more aware, but it's important to keep in mind that we don't know their struggles. It's weird though, I was thinking last night about my two friends and remembering our nights in University on the couch drinking wine, so carefree. They've both gone on to have two children each, and I'm so far, unable. It's amazing how things play out in life and at the time, we have no idea.

I'm a tad envious of all you ladies that are almost ready to ttc. We definitely need to keep this group going until we all have our babes, however long that takes (hopefully not too long;) lol)

I think we should even keep this group going in some way while our rainbows are growing up too!

I have a group I've been on fb with since our babies were born and she is 18 months now!

My bleeding has been v heavy and painful but seems slightly lighter today I have a scan Monday morning at 8.40.

I'm also on amoxicillin to avoid any infection. I think the genetic testing takes 6 weeks and after my first period I'm in for blood tests scans etc to make sure everything is ok. It's crazy one min we are pregnant then next it's all taken away. It does happen so fast I bled for 7 days exactly brown blood before heavy red and that day passed the clots placenta and sac all within 30 mins.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->