Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

Malia sorry for your loss! Don't feel stupid! MC is not about them it's about you. Same with pregnancy. My MC was at 12 weeks. I'm glad everyone knew myself. Made my emotional recovery much easier. When I get my next BFP people will know again. I can't keep my mouth shut about it. Plus as soon as I stop drinking wine people know hahaha

Also just to drive myself crazy I'm going to temp every day and discard the temps I was advised to discard and see what the alternating results are :p I so think I O'd on Sunday. But who knows. I never kept track before lol.

Oh Malia, I'm so sorry that you're here. Don't feel stupid for telling your family and friends, I did the same thing. It's exciting news and you had no idea that it would end badly. I hope things start to get a little easier for you with time and that you get your rainbow baby soon! :hugs:

Malia I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Don't feel bad, I told loads of people too, and I hated having to tell them about the miscarriage but I was glad I had people to talk too as well. And if I'm honest I refuse now to whisper and be secretive about it. If someone who knows asks I'll discuss it with them and if people are in ear shot tough titties.

I refuse to allow my two little angels to be secrets. We didn't do this. It's shit and it's unfair and it hurts but there is no blame to be placed on our shoulders and I won't allow myself to hide it again. Why should we feel silly because our little ones didn't make it? I truly understand the feeling because I felt it too but truthfully it infuriated me that I felt that way. I didn't make it more likely that I'd lose my baby by telling people about it and it would still have happened if I'd kept it a super secret, except I'd be cranky and distracted and terribly scatterbrained in work but I would have felt very alone and tried to pretend I was fine.

Massive hugs to you :hugs:

Hi, my name is Malia and I just experienced my first miscarriage at exactly 6 weeks on March 18th. It has been a really sad week for me and my husband. I am finally coming to terms with our loss and trying to move on. We were so excited about finally getting a BFP after trying for 6 months that we told our families and some of our friends that I was pregnant already! Now I am devastated that I have to tell them that I lost the baby... I even have thought to myself "maybe I'll get pregnant again really fast and I won't have to tell everybody?" That's crazy right!? I am really kicking myself about this one... I feel so stupid to have told them already!:dohh:

Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: please do not feel bad for sharing your news there is no right or wrong, I had told no one except my sisters and best friend, but I was devastated and it was so hard pretending all was ok when inside I was heart broken, I wished I had of told family that way Hubby could of sent out a well worded text or got my sister or whom ever to share the sad news :hugs: when I had my first MC I had told everyone and found the support from my mum,sisters, friends and my mil great. I prob would not have managed so well with out it. only for these wonderful ladies on here some whom I count as friends I would have been lost this time. as no one knew it was so hard my dad still does not know, we only lost my mum in September:hugs:

I hope you will find comfort and support here and catch that rainbow soon, I did after my first MC AF never returned

Ajarvis your chart looks good now :) at least it reflects what you think now :flower:

OneMore Time, sad to "lose" you to November:haha: but i did the same thing with deciding to go by lmp (instead of 3 days earlier, which is what FF is telling me, based on when i ovulated), since that's what the docs will do. just less numbers to keep track of!:wacko:

ajarvis, i love talking too (heck, anyone who has a journal is guilty of liking to talk!:blush::haha:) and i'm not saying it's happened/happening here, but it's something i'm sensitive (or try to be sensitive:shy:) about. i'm mostly thinking about other threads i've been on in the past when it felt like everyone else was pregnant and i was still ttc. all the pregnancy talk was sometimes really hard for me. and some of that is my own issue, so i don't expect people to not do it, but i sort of imagine that, even if some people won't or don't feel they can come out and say so, it's hard to be struggling with a recent loss when a place that is supposed to be supportive and "safe" starts to feel less safe and actually just more painful. you know?:hugs: i also recognize that having people who have been through a miscarriage and have "successfully" gotten through (in whatever degree that means - simply getting out of bed some days is a huge success post-mc! or if it means getting pregnant again) is helpful and the insight that those people have was invaluable to me when i was having a hard time even putting one foot in front of the other. so, for that community to ALSO exist, is really important i think. anyway, all that to say, i think both have their time and place and i just want everyone to feel welcome SOMEwhere and whatever we can all do to make supportive places, that's what i hope we can do here.:friends::hugs: to everyone!

jtink, my 2nd cycle post-mc was insane too!! so weird. delayed effects or something?! it's so frustrating that our bodies can't just go right back to the "old" normal. after 5 cycles, i thought i had it all figured out, only to get thrown back to zero with wacko temps and different O days.:growlmad: at the same time, it's amazing that our bodies DO what they do even after something so horrible as a miscarriage. that they are able to, for the most part, get right back in the saddle. bodies are crazy and weird and also awesome!:wacko::haha:

malia, welcome:hugs: i am the opposite - i was terrified of something going wrong and didn't tell my family i was pregnant. i was waiting until i got a heartbeat and a picture before telling them but the 8+1 scan showed baby and no heartbeart. so then i ALSO didn't tell them when i miscarried. both situations SUCK, really.:cry: i hope you can find some family (and if not, hang out here, with us!) that are supportive and understanding and can help you and your husband.:hugs:

Lil_Pixie, thanks for this: "We didn't do this. It's shit and it's unfair and it hurts but there is no blame to be placed on our shoulders...I didn't make it more likely that I'd lose my baby by telling people about it and it would still have happened if I'd kept it a super secret" so true.:hugs:

Celtic, i haven't told my parents. it's quite a selfless sacrifice you are making, knowing your dad is in so much heartbreak and pain, and "saving" him from having to feel yours too. he's got a brave daughter, that's for sure.:hugs: i haven't told my parents for selfish reasons: my mom makes everything about her, so i'm choosing to deal with my grief on my own terms because the minute i tell her, it'll be about how SHE lost a grandchild, and my pain and heartache will take a backseat.:roll::growlmad:

ahhh, i love this thread. you guys are the best.:hugs:

Thank you all for your kind words and support! It really helps to hear from people who know what I am going through :hugs: I am so anxious to keep trying! Hopefully it doesn't take another 6+ months to conceive again...:wacko:

Welcome to the newcomers.

If we're decided on having a PAL continuation group I'm happy to start it? With all the newcomers in this group I'm definitely sensitive to keeping pregnancy talk out of here. Anyone in a place where they want to hear about it as encouragement or whatever is welcome in the pregnancy group and then this group can be solely for dealing with MC recovery and TTC stuff?

Malia, don't be embarrassed at all! I did the exact same thing and as crappy I felt having to tell those people, I was amazed at the support I received. I definitely hoped I could get pregnant immediately after too. I'm really glad you came over here to join, though. These ladies are wonderful and a truly great support system!

I don't know what is wrong with my chart. It still hasn't given me an ov date but my opk said I ov'd on Friday and I had that super excessive, super globby and stretchy ewcm on the Thurs so I am going ahead and assuming it was around then. I tried discarding temps too to see if I would get anything and nada. This charting thing confuses me! Lol

Hmmmmm ninja - I'd say yoire 7dpo, but I don't know why it's not giving you crosshairs lol. But, besides that it looks good to me!

I agree with the need for different groups, but I don't think we need to split up into separate months. It could just be a general PAL group for us. But, I'm not picky so it doesn't matter to me...just thought I'd put my two cents in. I agree about keeping pregnancy related info off of here...except when I'm super nauseous. I couldn't help it!!! It's consuming me and all I have to talk about :(. But other than that, I agree it should stay off of here. I guess it'd be nice to just have an extended group for a PAL, for us, because I know from experience Thst if I were to go through that again it would be nice to have this thread to fall back on. Instead of everyone moving on, and trying to find another group to feel comfortable with. If we have the two, we can bounce back and forth, depending on where we are at. Does That make sense or am I rambling? Lol

Ninja, have you tried putting FF in FAM mode for Ovulation Detection? it then only goes on temps and 3 temps higher than the previous 6 will get you (or, should get you) crosshairs.:thumbup: my guess is CD15 for O day.:shrug:

sunshine, right, from this thread it would just become 1)this thread and then 2)a PAL thread. i was more or less just trying to communicate that i wasn't changing the "due in december" thread i created INTO the PAL thread for the Fireflies group.:thumbup:

NDH, if you are willing to start one for us...:winkwink::thumbup: i will definitely join ALL THE GROUPS!:haha:

Group link:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-after-loss/2298123-fireflies-rainbows.html#post35174357

Thanks Jump! That totally worked! I certainly hope it wasn't on cd 15... We didn't bd that night by DH was tired. Lol FF shows it being on cd 13.... That would be better/more in my favour. Hahaha :p

Thanks Jump! That totally worked! I certainly hope it wasn't on cd 15... We didn't bd that night by DH was tired. Lol :p

but you DID :sex: the THREE days before that, so still totally covered! in fact, i think FF would give at least a "Good" timing rating, if not "High" ?? we didn't BD on O day this cycle and didn't stop all the :spermy: from doing their job! heehee

Hahaha, this is true.... Here's hoping! Fingers double crossed!

Right now I don't even know what to expect for this cycle yet.... I have been so severely exhausted but it has been a really rough go at work with one of my students so I keep thinking/telling myself that is why I am feeling this way. I fell asleep at 6:30 on Monday (2 hour nap), then yesterday at 5:30 I had another 2 hour nap, and today I was out for an hour and a half starting at 4:30/5 pm. Usually I am a night owl and have trouble getting tired/to sleep but this week I can barely stay awake during my half hour drive home from work. Hoping it is a good sign but I am sure it is probably just the rough week I am having.

Good morning!

Malia - Our instinct is to share exciting news and we should be able to. I have become more guarded with each loss - not really sure when I'll tell people about this one. It's nice to have support if things don't go right but I have a hard time with the attention that comes afterwards so I sit on the fence. Hopefully the theory of being more fertile after a miscarriage holds true for you and you see that BFP again soon. :hugs:

Ninja - FF might be confused because the one day of fertile CM doesn't match your temp shift. I think you O'd on CD 14 or 15 based on your peak reading followed by a temp shift. Without that peak reading I would say you O'd the day of your big temp dip. No matter how you look at it, you covered BD'ing well. FX!!

Jump - I will hover around all the groups too...not that I need to spend anymore time here than I already do. :blush: That being said, chatting with people during the day that I can completely relate to is very comforting and I will take it when I need it.

AFM - I am wicked grumpy the last couple days...blaming it on hormones but I think it's a combo of the persistent cold weather and being overwhelmed by schoolwork. I am also so tired...napping is always on my mind. I would take one but when I nap it's for multiple hours and I can't spare that during the day. I have never been a cat-napper, when I sleep, I SLEEP. :sleep:

I hope everyone is doing OK today - the weekend is almost here! :flower:

Onemore - yeah, when I changed FF to FAM, it said cd 13 (the day after the big dip) was ov day. Fx! I hear ya on the cold weather thing. The first day of spring, it blizzarded here and all the snow that melted came back. It's depressing. We had another blizzard the other day but apparently it's supposed to be +17 on the weekend. Gotta love Canadian "spring"!

On a side note - now I am flat lining! Lol.... I've had the same temp reading for three days.... Should I be concerned that I am doing something wrong? Lol this charting is driving me crazy. :p

would basically be 3 threads:

1. this one, as is. post mc support, getting back into ttc and all that.
2. a fireflies who got bfps thread, so we can still keep up with each other but not have so much pregnancy talk on this ttc thread.
and 3. the december group in PAL will stay as a "due in december" thread.

:thumbup:

oh I see what your saying.

1 for December as that's when your due so your talking about same things as others?

1 for this one stays as it is ttc

1 for graduates to talk about anything in general cos we would be all at different parts in pregnancy?

that makes total sense. what section would I put the last one in girls?

xxx

flat lining :haha:

I don't think there is anything wrong with your temps hun :thumbup:

Im gonna have to start trying to change the time I take my temps. I keep waking at 5am and its disturbing my hubbys sleep and hes become really tired and hes started a new job as a manager any ideas :shrug:

welcome Malia so sorry for your loss :hugs: your definitely in the right place xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->