Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

Onemore - I am so sorry to see this. Follow your heart and if that means it's the end of the journey, then feel comfortable with that. You never know where things will take you.

Sending you hugs xo

:hugs: onemore. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of big hugs your way!

so sorry onemore Time. :hugs:

Sis4us - don't worry we only stop for a few days a month :p

So I'm thinking there's a good chance of me not even ovulating this month. After the MC and all so I'm just not even going to worry about it anymore lol. I may have ovulated on the weekend. maybe not. Still getting EWCM... So I'll still temp, but plan on being out for December babies. It's so much easier mentally - for me anyways - to just make sure to BD in the "fertile window" that is normal for me. Which is also easy cause we usually do anyways. I want to be more relaxed about it all!

Onemoretime Im so sorry :hugs:

Hey ladies, had my mmc at 9+5 confirmed today :cry: I'm really trying to keep positive and want to start ttc again as soon as possible. Is it okay to start trying after the first real period, or do I need to wait for the full cycle and start after the second period? That just seems like such a long time and not sure I have it in me to wait that long! Any advise greatly appreciated :hugs: x

So sorry for your loss! Do what's best for you. Some doctors ask you to wait some don't. Mostly I think it's for dating purposes and emotional healing. I think your body knows when it's ready to get pregnant again though. JMO

Tough day Babylove, I'm so sorry.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing and all I've been able to confirm is that there are a A LOT of different opinions on how long to wait or if you should wait at all. My doctor told me that he "suggests" I wait 3 cycles, but I don't think I can wait that long. I found 3 articles that helped me come to my decision to only wait until my first post mc period to start trying again. I'll link them below if you want to take a look.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...pregnancy-after-miscarriage/art-20044134?pg=2

https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/pregnancy-due-time

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20100805/study-no-need-delay-pregnancy-after-miscarriage

With my first mc two years ago I was told to wait three cycles. They were pretty harsh about it saying if we didn't wait we'd ha e a much higher chance of another mc and it'd be our own fault etc.

This time we've been told to wait till after my first period, and there's no reason to wait any longer if we don't want to. So that's kind of what we're doing (although we did bd this week so I guess really we're ntnp til af lol)

So sorry to see another October mamma in here :hugs:

Very tough :-(

Thanks Dandi, I appreciate that, I'll have a read. In my heart I really want to start after the first real period.

I'm not really waiting at all... although i know it's hit and miss if i will ovulate before my period or not but... i cant see any harm in it tbh.
Obviously it's near on impossible to track my cycle so soon after a m.c

so yeah.. the reality is that i will be actively trying after my first period and until then just not preventing.... :hugs:

Definitely!!! That's exactly how I feel too!

Sorry lil pixie I missed your comment, I am all over ntnp until first period!

Rhi Rhi I ovulated (and got pg) before I was getting negative hpts. My hcg was somewhere between 25 and 90 when I ovulated. Sadly it was a chemical though.

Before my first was born my problem was getting pregnant - I was TTC for more than 2 years after an unexpected pregnancy that ended in an early MC. But I had no trouble conceiving #2 on my fourth cycle PP (and possibly the first ovulation), and again on the third cycle PP after she was born, and then twice more in 3 months. Now my problem is just keeping them...

Thanks for posting this NDH, this has brought me some comfort.

A few years ago DH and I tried and tried and…nothing. Honestly I gave up. Then last October when we weren’t trying and DTD 4 times that month at the most due to scheduling issues, somehow I got pregnant. I am really hoping that it wasn’t just a one off but the start of a new trend! I have a hypothesis as to what changed, now the real test will be whether I manage to get pregnant again.

As to whether I can manage to keep a baby after losing my first one, well, that is another story. I have plenty of time to worry/panic about that if and when I ever manage to get pregnant again.

Sorry about your previous losses, and I really hope this is your well deserved rainbow!

((Hugs)) OneMoreTime, I’m so sorry, and I hope baby hangs on.

So sorry as well Babylove. There is all kinds of conflicting information out there – I agree with ajarvis that our bodies will know when we’re ready. Personally I chose to wait until after my first AF to try again, partially to allow myself to recover, but mostly because I don’t want another dating nightmare – my last pregnancy was unplanned and there was a discrepancy of 12 days between my lmp and my 7 week dating scan measurements which means my baby may have been measuring behind all along (he died at either 14 or 16 weeks). But if you don’t mind not knowing your exact dates trying right away may not be an issue for you.

Rhi I like your reality!

ditto :winkwink: haha

I think it's good because I don't feel like i'm just waiting around... which would drive me crazy and on top of everything else i don't need that.

Lol. That's a good reality! I actually didn't wait either. And we BD at the right time last month according to my chart, and this time around my chart is being beyond annoying and I haven't O'd. Ha. That's why I think it's on your time. Your body will know.

After my first mc we decided to wait a month, but my cycles became shorter so it took 3 months to figure out my new O date.

This time, I had one af 23 days after mc, and then we were NTNP. We just happened to dtd on O day, which I found out later from temping, and I got a positive.

I would say do what's best for you. I've heard that you're more likely to mc within the first few months, and also that you're more likely to not. There's no rhyme or reason, and I think it's all speculation, personally. Everyone is different and there's no magic ball. So, I'd ntnp maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->