Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

NDH glad you saw a naturopath! Taking care of any health issues definitely can't hurt and will most likely help. I saw a naturopath doctor too. :thumbup:

Dandi I did the smep this month too and we used pre-seed - currently at 5dpo. Not feeling overly optimistic because I can't see myself getting pregnant that easily, but glad we did everything we could to make it a possibility.

Sis4u, :haah: in my post I said I'm asking to be checked for mthfr

Fit Mama Naturopaths and other natural health health practitioners are always my first choice for health as they do seem better equipped to assess one's whole health and find the root problem that needs to be addressed rather than just treating surface symptoms which most medical Drs are prone to do. Of course you'd want to see a medical Dr first in acute situations, but for overall wellbeing naturopaths and the like are my go to :thumbup:

hey ladies -

AF here today. i'm disappointed, but okay with it. finally back to 26 day cycles, so that's good. i bought some wondfo opk's and hpt's for cheap on ebay, so i'll be using those this cycle - i just want to make sure that i'm ovulating.

sunshine, i think it's gotten really quiet in here because the majority of us don't know each other much. originally there was a group of us, and then a large portion of you all got pregnant again and left the group, right as new girls were joining. so it's been an odd thread of girls who don't know each other super well. hopefully it will pick up in here.

ndh, glad you're seeing a naturopath and getting yourself back to square one. it can be hard, though. i can't imagine.

hey ladies -

AF here today. i'm disappointed, but okay with it. finally back to 26 day cycles, so that's good. i bought some wondfo opk's and hpt's for cheap on ebay, so i'll be using those this cycle - i just want to make sure that i'm ovulating.

sunshine, i think it's gotten really quiet in here because the majority of us don't know each other much. originally there was a group of us, and then a large portion of you all got pregnant again and left the group, right as new girls were joining. so it's been an odd thread of girls who don't know each other super well. hopefully it will pick up in here.

ndh, glad you're seeing a naturopath and getting yourself back to square one. it can be hard, though. i can't imagine.

and by "a large portion of you all got pregnant" what i think she means is, "the handful of you who talk ALL THE TIME got pregnant.":rofl:

and sorry to hear about AF, but getting back to your normal cycle is a huge step in the right direction!:thumbup:

I'm OK for the most part. Have had a few weepy moments lately though. I burst into tears in church yesterday when I realized the woman sitting beside me with two children similar ages to mine (her son is a bit younger than my youngest actually) was about 6 months pregnant. My head knows its important to get my health on track first but my heart wants a baby months ago. Ideally I wanted a similar gap with my first.

Anyway. I saw the Dr today. She had no idea what MTHFR was :wacko: so I didn't get that tested, but she ordered heaps of tests - including lots of antibodies and clotting disorders. Pathology was still open so I even got it all done today. 11 or 12 vials in total. The downside is I didn't get to take note of the actual tests being run, and I won't get any results unless anything comes back abnormal so I may never know lol.
My last pap was only a year about though so the Dr didn't think that was necessary.

I would like to join. I just got a new ob-gyn. and am dealing with the loss. I was further along than I thought at 19 weeks when I lost my baby . on march 5th. i have had two periods since then. and my doctor giving me the go ahead. even though my heart still hurts for the baby I lost. i am thinking I should give it one more try. and I hope I won't get judged for this. but I can not move on, unless I give it one more go. I was in the original fireflies thread. and ttced and was so happy to be there. so I hope I will be welcome in here.

Welcome 2kids. So sorry for your loss :(

I read a quote that said those who don't get their rainbows are those who never try.
It can be such an impossible decision to know whether to keep trying and when not to :hugs:

I would like to join. I just got a new ob-gyn. and am dealing with the loss. I was further along than I thought at 19 weeks when I lost my baby . on march 5th. i have had two periods since then. and my doctor giving me the go ahead. even though my heart still hurts for the baby I lost. i am thinking I should give it one more try. and I hope I won't get judged for this. but I can not move on, unless I give it one more go. I was in the original fireflies thread. and ttced and was so happy to be there. so I hope I will be welcome in here.

:Hugs: hiya :flower: so sorry to hear about your loss.

Hi 2 kids, I lost my baby also at 19 weeks. So know what kind of pain your going through. You think your fine and in the safe period, but it never really is safe now is it? Are you having any testing done to why you miscarried? Did you name the baby and have a funeral for him/her? I found after the funeral I got a lot of closure, although I haven't visited him once as I've been so busy (I have a active 1 year old and an 8 year old also)

Just a quick update from me I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive. I'm in shock as things aren't great between OH and me, but a Christmas baby it will be.

I'm still here! Had bfns the last few days then tested today as its 3 weeks post mc and thats what they said to do....and I got faint bfps!! So not sure what's going on now!!

Sorry af came, but glad she did as well if you know what I mean! Fx for your next cycle!!! :hugs:

That's super frustrating... Let us know if that line keeps getting darker ! fingers crossed

Rhi rhi- at least now you know everything is getting back to normal and you have a fresh new start for ttc this month. Good luck!

Afm, I'm cd11. I'm trying the SMEP plan this month, so we started that on cd8. Pre mc I usually ovulated between cd14 and cd16, so it will be interesting to see what happens this month. I can tell I need to increase my water intake. Thinking about getting some pre-seed today. I'm not super hopeful for a BFP this month. I feel like it would be a miracle to get pregnant again the first month, so I'm trying to think of it as practice run for next month...but I'm still crossing my fingers for a surprise BFP.

Good luck :) I'm going to have a look at that smep myself .

Sorry I just replied to all those posts individually. But I'm on My phone sat in the car doing the school run. I leave half an hour early to park up . As it's the only way to get within 2 miles of the damned school haha. Lazy maybe lol

Okay.... So after waiting 40plus days for my period. I didn't even get 24 hours of bleeding... This can't be right ?! Can this evencount as a period :/ ?

rhi rhi - so sorry I dont know what to expect for you! I hope you get your proper cycle back soon!

mummy - congrats on your bfp! h&h 9 months and a sticky bean for you!!

2kids - so sorry for your loss. No one here will judge you for trying again. Its up to you and your OH as to how long is the right amount of time to wait.

I'm glad a few people are still hanging around in this thread, its such a good one!

AFM about 5dpo and not getting the "usual" pregnancy cm that I have gotten in the past. I was going to start testing on Friday but not sure because of the chemical preg I had last month and getting on pos test and the rest all negative...I was wishing I wouldnt have tested so early.

hahaah Jump, so true.

I wouldn't say we "left" but I do agree there's been a transition of original ladies and new ladies. But I was pretty set on sticking around as I've been through this early pregnancy stuff before and am not ready to leave any ttc group just yet. That being said, I do notice that a lot of the original posters aren't on as much, for various reasons. I was on vacation...but I'm more than happy to get to know you ladies :)

So sorry af showed, but glad to hear your cycles are back on track.

NDH - I'm so glad the appointment gave you some answers, and can hopefully help get things back on track.

Rhi Rhi - first af after mc can vary for each woman. I had a super light one after my first mc, and then a normal one after my second mc. I wouldn't expect any af to be heavy post mc, so I wouldn't stress yet.

Ajarvis -- where are you! lol hope you're great!

Oh Rhi Rhi, so frustrating! Perhaps she will come back, you never know. It's so hard to know what to expect. I've heard women say that their first af after mc was super light and short and others say that it was heavy and terrible, so there isn't really a norm I suppose.

Oh my! Been a while.

Mummy- congrats on your bfp!

I finally got a peak reading on my opk. Super late for me (it's cd19 and I usually Ov on cd 14/15). Guess we shall see what this cycle has in store for me!

I'm still around. I check in here every day, but I can never think of the right thing to say. I write the post and then delete it do many times, then I just give up :dohh:

Got a doctor's appointment next week to talk about my anxiety issues. Provided I'm brave enough. I also wanted to ask about the red cell antibody thingies so there's a fairly good chance I'll just ask about that and scurry off.

Cd 6 for me, but I'm still waiting to hear if I need the rubella vaccination so not too sure we're we're up to.

NDH I love that the naturopath gave you things to work on for your overall health. I've never even heard of one before. And I'm so glad your dr is running allll the tests. I've never heard of that other thing either, what is it?

Got my af over the weekend, so I am back in the game for ttc this cycle!

I'm still around. I check in here every day, but I can never think of the right thing to say. I write the post and then delete it do many times, then I just give up :dohh:

Got a doctor's appointment next week to talk about my anxiety issues. Provided I'm brave enough. I also wanted to ask about the red cell antibody thingies so there's a fairly good chance I'll just ask about that and scurry off.

Cd 6 for me, but I'm still waiting to hear if I need the rubella vaccination so not too sure we're we're up to.

NDH I love that the naturopath gave you things to work on for your overall health. I've never even heard of one before. And I'm so glad your dr is running allll the tests. I've never heard of that other thing either, what is it?

Good luck let us know how it goes with the Dr I have quite a severe anxiety issue but it is so bad I can't even contemplate talking to anyone about it . Which is a shame as I think medication would have come in handy in the past haha. I used to take beta blockers because my heart rate was so high because of my anxiety but I couldn't even discuss it then so I was prescribed them for "unknown heart palpations " which solved the physical problem at least ! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->