Fireflies TCC a rainbow baby

I also have anxiety...mostly with things I can't control (drs appointments, flying...etc). Back when I was in University I had a few free sessions with a therapist, so I spoke with her mostly about my anxiety and flying, and I will say it really helped. I am a full supporter of therapists haha. But, I also think that any neutral person can be a therapist, as long as they don't have a biased opinion. It's more just the practice of speaking out loud...and of course less money hahah

Here is a link about MTHFR gene mutations https://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/mthfr/

I suppose it doesn't matter a great deal whether or not I have a defective mthfr gene or not as it seems I'm already following what would be a recommended treatment plan anyway.

I'm an anxiety sufferer too. Its gotten heaps better in the last 10 years but I'm all too familiar with panic attacks and heart palpitations. I did see a psychologist regularly for several months and while I didn't really talk much she did give me some exercises to work on which have helped a great deal. Having kids has helped me a lot in terms of forcing me to not be a hermit but I definitely have to be aware of my limits and not do too much out of the house.

I also suffer from anxiety, since childhood. I don't like to take prescription medications if I can help it though so I usually just have to live with it. I have found that Young Living Valor essential oil helps me a bit with mild to moderate anxiety in work and social situations. I put a little on my wrist like perfume and take some deep breathes smelling it. It's worth a try for those that like more natural care. I don't sell it or anything, just a little recommendation.

I've avoided seeing anyone up till now. I hate to make a fuss and I guess I was convinced that I was being silly and everyone feels like this.

But it just can't be true. At the beginning of the year I offered to deliver some leaflets for a friend. I waited till it was dark and there wouldn't be people out but I still had really bad palpitations, I got really dizzy and in the end I got in such a tizz over the thought that someone might come to their door that I ran home. Dh had to take me and deliver the rest the next day. If someone stands too close to me in a queue (or sometimes just joins the queue behind me at all) I leave and go back later when they've gone. Or I'll get off the bus because someone is hear me, or people are standing up and I have a seat, I hate that. I'm already having nightmares about Xander starting school in September :dohh: and I'm half convinced that I've pushed my look too far with ttc and if I ever do carry another baby I'll probably kill myself trying to get it out and leave my son without a mother.

But, like I said. I'll probably just ask about the mc thing and leave :dohh:

I definitely used to feel that way Pixie. The days mom sent me lunch money instead of a lunch I would starve because I couldn't stand in the line at cafeteria for one thing, and then have to place an order for another. Assuming I did know what I wanted to begin with my mouth would get so dry and my throat would close I wouldn't have been able to talk - and if I opened my mouth I probably would have thrown up. And when she packed a lunch I could only eat if I got to "my spot" first before my friends showed up cause I couldn't eat in front of them without severe anxiety.
I hated skipping class but I had to a couple of times because the alternative was going late as I was held up by another teacher and going late and having 60 eyes watch me and the teacher probably ask why I was late was enough for me to want the floor to open and swallow me up. Just the thought gave me panic attacks. My first year in high school I'm surprised I didn't give myself a bladder infection as I didn't know where the bathrooms were, there was no way I could ask and even just going to look for one was out of the question in case someone stopped and asked what I was looking for., so I just held it all day for 9 hours.

I still don't like being in crowds and new social settings are really hard for me and I can't make eye contact and I can't converse beyond small talk, or make phone calls, or ask for help finding things in stores etc, but on the whole I am doing so much better now that most people are surprised when I tell them I have social anxiety. Its been 2 years since my last panic attack and that was over anxiety about my daughters birth (feeling stuck between two decisions I didn't want to make - going to a strange hospital 3 hours away without my birth support people or having an elective cesarean locally as my local hospital doesn't support vaginal breach births). Actually it just occurred to me just how far I *have* come as I'm planning to attend a political rally in August! I'll be scared to death but I'll do it.

i'm more introverted, but i've never had to deal with anxiety issues. i'm sorry you guys have to deal with that - a mc can only make anxiety issues so much worse, i'd imagine. yuck. :(

95% of the time, i'm okay with pregnant women and babies, etc. but today an old friend had a baby girl, and there were pictures all over FB. when i opened it this morning, i felt like i was going to be sick. i was so angry at the fact that i should be having a baby, too, and i just couldn't even look anymore. i feel terrible for feeling that way, but....i can't help it. miscarriage sucks.

i'm more introverted, but i've never had to deal with anxiety issues. i'm sorry you guys have to deal with that - a mc can only make anxiety issues so much worse, i'd imagine. yuck. :(

95% of the time, i'm okay with pregnant women and babies, etc. but today an old friend had a baby girl, and there were pictures all over FB. when i opened it this morning, i felt like i was going to be sick. i was so angry at the fact that i should be having a baby, too, and i just couldn't even look anymore. i feel terrible for feeling that way, but....i can't help it. miscarriage sucks.

do not feel bad :hugs: we all understand that feeling and I so agree MS sucks big time :hugs:

Naww . Hugs for everyone!! :hugs:

My cousin and his gf are due a baby within days of when I should have been due. They announced early and I remember thinking that was brave to go public so early.... I obviously never got to my first scan so no one besides my partner knows. I had to hide my cousin from my newsfeed on f.b as all of his gfs milestones are bang on what mine would have been. I feel a bit mean but at the same time I haven't got it in me to be happy for them.... :(

CD 4 now. After a slow start it definitely picked up and has been worse than usual. No cramps though :) little Victories haha

Ugh... Anxiety is a bitch. I was diagnosed as having a severe panic anxiety disorder in high school and over the years have learned to manage it. The miscarriage had undid all the progress I had made. These last few months have been hard on DH and I because my emotions have been all over the place. I feel certifiable some days and poor DH takes it like a trooper most days but there are also days where we both just lose it. It has definitely put our relationship to the test!

Speaking of being all over the place, my temps are definitely not as steady as last month! Lol. My opk detected Ov but chart has yet to show anything. This is a super odd cycle for me... Usually I Ov cd 14/15, like clockwork but it was late 4 days this month. Hopefully af isn't too far offset.

Ninja - Your temps are super different from last month eh? But it looks like you covered your bases this month...so whenever ff decides to get it's act together and determine O, you should be fine!! :)

Argh I'm getting so stressed out, still getting bfn/bps! Got this stupid rash that only seems to be getting worse. I know I could do myself a favour and stop testing but I can't help it. I NEED to know what's going on at all times!! Sorry ladies, just having a mini meltdown!

Ugh... Anxiety is a bitch. I was diagnosed as having a severe panic anxiety disorder in high school and over the years have learned to manage it. The miscarriage had undid all the progress I had made. These last few months have been hard on DH and I because my emotions have been all over the place. I feel certifiable some days and poor DH takes it like a trooper most days but there are also days where we both just lose it. It has definitely put our relationship to the test!

Speaking of being all over the place, my temps are definitely not as steady as last month! Lol. My opk detected Ov but chart has yet to show anything. This is a super odd cycle for me... Usually I Ov cd 14/15, like clockwork but it was late 4 days this month. Hopefully af isn't too far offset.

I had the same problem with my temps this last cycle! FF had my cross hairs 2 days later than I actually ovulated because I had low temps... Totally frustrating :dohh: So I decided to temp vaginally this cycle to see if that would help :shrug:

Argh I'm getting so stressed out, still getting bfn/bps! Got this stupid rash that only seems to be getting worse. I know I could do myself a favour and stop testing but I can't help it. I NEED to know what's going on at all times!! Sorry ladies, just having a mini meltdown!

Hang in there! :hugs: x

Thanks Rhi cd27 today! I wish this would hurry up and be over with already!! I'd give anything for af right now!!

For those that didn't know me before this thread I suffered severed anxiety with my PND after Erin. I've been off my medication for about 9-10 months now it was horrendous I really thought I was dying I just have to be careful with what I do too and this whole process doesn't pull me down TTC. I also suffered depression in my 20's. I find that although it's not quite depression now but stressful or hard situations can pull me down quicker and harder than most.

Babylove so sorry it is frustrating.

Did you ever have a scan after loss to confirm nothing was any longer there as maybe something has been retained? Unless when your testing negative you have too many liquids?

Hope everyone is well. I've been trying to stay off here as much as I can. I tested negative today 10dpo and a temp drop which I expected I hate the way this process makes me feel each month xx

Yep I had a scan the day after which confirmed there was nothing left and my lining was 6.5mm whatever that means!!

Finally got my crosshairs. Not feeling very positive about my chances this cycle but I have been a lot less stressed compared to other months so there's a silver lining, there! Lol

On a side note - one of my grade 1's told me today that she thinks I need to get pregnant so she can play with my baby. Haha, it was cute but made me a little sad too.

Awwww ninja that's nice!!

Sorry about this month and your lack of confidence. I'm here to offer hope, so don't forget how I got my bfp on my "ntnp" month and we just HAPPENED to dtd on the right day. You just never know!! Only takes once, and sometimes it's never when we think it is....! Fx for you!

Thanks sunshine.... We decided to just ntnp for now because the stress was getting to me. The only reason I used an opk this month was because I had some leftover and was super surprised that I wasn't getting crosshairs when I usually would be. I find that ntnp, has made me a lot more relaxed... I almost don't care if AF comes this cycle.

On a side note, my temps were higher than I have gotten in a cycle yet. Lol

I think AF is here already - only CD 20 so my shortest cycle ever. Before kids I used to have 24-26 day cycles, occasionally as short as 23. Since my eldest was born the shortest has been 27 and longest 31.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->