first cycle actively trying (June 2015)

gina236

Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself a little. I am 24, hubby is 26. We have been together for 6 years, married for 1. Last month my DH and I went on our honeymoon (a year late for our anniversary). We weren't actively TTC but he had given me the green light to be a little more careless ;) I have not been on any form of bc for the last 8 years ( because it causes me to have extreme depression). Just have very regular cycles and made sure to not do anything 2 weeks after AF. So last month on our trip I O'd and actually got pregnant. But unfortunately it was chemical. But the good news was it made hubby actually want to try. We both realized how bad we actually want this.

So now this month we planned to try. Because of last month, my cycle was a little thrown off so if it follows suit with how it has been my whole reproductive life I would have ovulated yesterday. If I O'd early at all we will have missed it because DH has been in pain and unable to BD the last couple of days.

So at this point it is a waiting game! :coffee:

Hi Gina!

My situation actually sounds pretty similar to yours in a couple ways - me and hubby are both 26, together for about six years and married for 2.5. We always planned on being married for a little while before TTC, and I just went off bc in March. I just started tracking ovulation this month, and hopefully by next month I will have it down to an exact science. Sticky baby dust to you! The waiting game sucks! Especially when everyone and their mother is getting prego at the drop of a hat.

the waiting is the worst! I've had a few scares before and it's terrible. Lol. I feel like everyone is getting prego and I'm hoping to not have issues but you never know what will happen. I have heard so many stories of women just giving up with all the tracking and everything and getting prego in a month. You never know. good luck and baby dust to you! Make sure not to stress about it. It will happen when the time is right!!

That is true, definately trying not to stress over it but the baby fever is real right now! lol. And this board is a big help too, so I don't have to constantly bug hubby with baby talk.

I know right! I know my husband says he doesn't mind but I feel the same way. I'd rather not bug him all the time with the constant ups and downs. Part of my baby fever is that when I leave for maternity leave I don't plan on coming back to my job. I have been looking for a new one for 4 years and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Haha. I have always said I don't want a job, all I want is to be a mom And now that we can afford it I can't wait!! :)

Well I hope you see that BFP sooner than later! Yes my husband isn't as concerned with trying as I am, though he definitely wants a baby. He says that my body needs time to adjust after bc - I say I'm plenty adjusted lol. Good luck on the job front as well - what type of work do you do? I am a writer and it's pretty much always what I wanted to do - hoping that I will be able to adjust my schedule once we do have a little nugget so I can work from home some.

With you both on all the waiting! It's the worst! Wow mini, what kind of writer are you?

I'm a teacher love my job but would love some time off to look after my own little one.

I mainly write web content, blogs and newsletters, stuff like that. It's not super exciting but it's what I went to school for so I'm lucky to be working in my field! With you on the time off. Our tentative plan is for me to take a couple months to just work from home after the nugget. ..if my job allows it that is! Teaching seems very rewarding, my sister is in school for teaching special needs children.

Right now I work in an accounting office. It's what I went to school for bUT I find it insanely boring. Haha. That's so cool that you are a writer. I used to always want to write but my brain just isn't wired for it. Ha. I'm a numbers person. So accounting came easy to me but definitely not passionate about it.

With bc sometimes it does take adjusting when you come off it but sometimes women get pregnant really quick. Good luck to you! It sucks that this whole thing isn't an exact science! So many different situations and exceptions.

Little lily, I could never be a teacher. Props to you. What ages do you teach? My friend is a teacher and loves it. Seems like a really rewarding career!

I just read yesterday that if you get pregnant right after coming off birth control you're more likely to conceive twins. I guess while your system is working itself out it is more likely to drop multiple eggs.

Libby, I wouldn't be averse to twins! I say that now of course haha. As long as I can get pregnant with one (hopefully sometime in the next few months), and it's healthy, I will be happy! I read in a few places that one should go off bc three months before starting ttc - I wish I had known that before I went off the pill in March, I would have stopped taking it in December.

Right now I work in an accounting office. It's what I went to school for bUT I find it insanely boring. Haha. That's so cool that you are a writer. I used to always want to write but my brain just isn't wired for it. Ha. I'm a numbers person. So accounting came easy to me but definitely not passionate about it.

With bc sometimes it does take adjusting when you come off it but sometimes women get pregnant really quick. Good luck to you! It sucks that this whole thing isn't an exact science! So many different situations and exceptions.

Little lily, I could never be a teacher. Props to you. What ages do you teach? My friend is a teacher and loves it. Seems like a really rewarding career!

Yes, it does suck. Why can't it be 'If you do ..... You will get pregnant and you will know because ....( something obvious like your toes change colour! Not same stupid af symptoms!)

At school it's all ' if you ever have unprotected sex you WILL get pregnant' now it's all '20% chance of everything is normal' drives me nuts!

Sorry, rant over.

Yes Gina, I love teaching. It is hard work as I teach in a pretty tough school but love the challenge most of the time.

Are you both from the U.S?

I am from the US. Connecticut. And I totally agree with your rant. Haha. It would be so much easier if there was a big neon sign that said you're ovulating and then right after told you if you succeeded or not.

Yes, I am from Missouri originally but live in Texas now. It definitely seems like they instill a fear of getting pregnant during high school and college, but they never mention what a pain it can be when you actually want to get pregnant! Although I do have many friends that got pregnant on accident, which makes it even more irritating when I want a baby now. All in good time I suppose.

I just feel the need to vent a little today: if I see one more Facebook pregnancy announcement I think I will throw something! The latest is my old roommate, who married her DH the same weekend that my hubby and I got married. She's almost four months along! I never thought she would be pregnant before I would - she never even said she wanted children when we were roommates. Argh!

I know right! Part of me feels petty for having that reaction though. I keep telling myself to stay positive and that our little nugget is hopefully not far away.

Of course it is lovely. Keep breathing and smile through it, your day is on its way!

Completely agree with you! It's hard to not feel that way. Whether it's "right" or not. You are totally justified in your feelings. Stay positive. Your BFP will come soon enough! *baby dust to you*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->