first cycle actively trying (June 2015)

Welp... my temp was back down today so maybe I did not ovulate after all.... So new to this all so I'm not sure. Hoping that my temp goes back up tomorrow? :(

Faye that's not a big drop. Could just be a second estrogen surge. A lot of women have them. It's called a fall back rise. As long as it goes up tomorrow you are fine and I would say you ovulated.

Thanks for the insight, Gina. We will see what tomorrow brings...

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Faye: I can't remember, are you using OPKs? or just temping & CM monitoring?

Using OPKs too- CB advanced digis. I had "high" readings on CDs 13-16 and then a peak on day 17.

Temp went down instead of up. :grr:

I'm guessing either I didn't ovulate yet (despite all the promising OPKs) or this is going to be just another LONG anovulatory cycle.

Why did I not go off the pill earlier!? Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Damn. I agree faye. I have been ready for a baby/ had baby fever for over 2 years. Had to wait for DH to be ready and not freak thinking about it. He finally became ready and now it's been over a year. Should have started trying when I wanted to and by the year mark he would have been ready lol. Hope it was a off temp or you O really soon! I'd continue taking cheapie opks just to make sure you catch a second surge if you have one.

Thanks Gina. Unfortunately I was the the one who put off going off- I was terrified about how my body would react and didn't want to deal with condoms while we waited to TTC. Should have listened to my DH as I have felt great off BCP. Well, hindsight is 20-20 right? We can only move forward!

I was never able to get a + reading with the Wondfos even though I got one with the digis. Wondered if it was because I was drinking too much/not going long enough without peeing. But now I wonder if the digis were just a false reading? I will try to use a Wondfo later today... :cry:

Trying not to obsess too much over this, but it's hard. Especially because I'm off work this week, so have lots of time to think and Google! :wacko:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Good morning everyone. Still sitting here waiting (patiently?) for O. :coffee:

Bought grapefruit juice and L'Arginine supplement to try to improve my CM.

Wondering what kind of BBT thermometer everyone uses?
Pretty sure mine is a bit unreliable. This morning I temped at 6 AM (normal time) and first reading was 97.64. Temped again because I've become suspcisious that it's on the fritz and it was 97.80. Then temped like half an hour later after getting up, peeing and moving my dog on the bed and it was 97.71. Lower! Makes no sense.

Think I will be investing in a new one but wanted to get some recommendations! Thanks guys.

My first bbt (prior to my dog eating it!) was a cheap one off of Amazon. It worked great!... Now I have the Target brand one, which I've also never had an issue with!

I just have a cheap one from amazon. They can get crazy expensive but I haven't had issues with mine. The only thing I don't like is it takes literally 3-4 mins to come up with a temp so I usually fall half asleep while taking it. I'd rather a better one but didn't want to invest the money into it with everything else I have bought while ttc.

Thanks guys. Mine is from Amazon too- the easy@home one. It says they have a "no hassle replacement" policy so I just e-mailed them. Man, it's definitely time for me to go back to work, way too much time on my hands this week to obsess. Bye bye spring break!

Officially feel like an idiot. E-mailed customer service and apparently this thermometer can only be used orally. Did some very thorough disinfecting and will try temping orally tomorrow!

I would think any thermometer could be used either way... hmm. Just remember that you kinda have to discard your temps from earlier this month as orally and vaginally will be totally different temps. So if your temp jumps up or down tomorrow it wont mean anything.

I would think any thermometer could be used either way... hmm. Just remember that you kinda have to discard your temps from earlier this month as orally and vaginally will be totally different temps. So if your temp jumps up or down tomorrow it wont mean anything.

Ugh, I know. :dohh: What do you think I should do? I'm thinking I'll switch to orally and just make a note. Assuming temps will be lower temping orally... Wish I could just speed up this cycle and start again as now it might be difficult to tell when/if I ovulate....

I would take an opk and as long as it isn't close to positive I'd just switch and hope you will have enough temps to see the shift.

Hi guys! I'm still alive and well lol. Nothing to report but just wanted to make an appearance. ;p

Faye, your spring break is over now, isn't it? I'm a school nurse, so I get the schedule - it goes by in the blink of an eye it feels like. I got nothing done on my spring break lol it was not productive. But in my defense, it snowed here during spring break so it kinda killed the spring cleaning vibe.

Gina... LMAO. I used to fall asleep with my bbt thermometer in my mouth all the time! It was ridiculous lol then you never knew if it was on because mine didn't light up, and you'd be waiting forever and be like WTH. It also beeped quietly and awkwardly so it would make DH wake up a little lol it was silly. I wanted the Kindara BBT, I forget what it's called.. but I gave it up with it in my long cycles. Might do it this cycle though just to be curious during TWW. Really though, I probably wouldn't splurge on that of all things.

Yes, today is the last day! Monday it was BEAUTIFUL out but the rest of the week has been cold and gloomy. I've gotten a bunch done around the house, caught up on sleep and gotten to exercise a bunch and feel very well rested. I started an online grad school class on Monday so I know the rest of the school year will be VERY busy. Hoping I can keep the stress levels down!

That thermometer from Kindara (Wink?) looks amazing, but it's like $100. That seems obscene to me!

Hope everyone has some fun things planned this weekend? <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"