First cycle of clomid twins! Pcos, ttc 2 years

Kitty23

Mummy to Poppy and Noah
Reaction score
Lol its a bit late but I wanted to make sure these were sticky babies!

I used to read these stories crying just wishing it was me and wondering why everybody else was getting pregnant and I wasn't. Well its finally my turn!

I have pcos diagnosed in May 2008, Hypothyroidism, have a very high bmi etc lol.

We were trying for 2 years, and finally finally got pregnant in september last year! I had no periods for months on end then a period that would last 3/4 months. Never ovulated on my own.

I started on clomid days 1-5 100mg in August last year, I ovulated on cd 5 and never got a positive on a opk because I didnt think I would ovulate that early!

I got all my "normal" symptoms like I did every month! I got a bfn on day 14 and really gave up hope. I decided to test again on day 18 and I got my bfp!:happydance:

The shock was just overwhelming, you dream of the day when you get your bfp, re play in your mind over and over and when it happens its just so surreal.

We paid for a private scan at 8 weeks and found out it was triplets though one hadn't made it. I'm now waiting for my lovely daughter and son :)

Never give up hope. Anyone who wants to know more feel free to pm me :)
xxx

Thanks hun - I really needed to read that. Best of luck to you xxxx

That is a truly wonderful story. Big hopes for this magic medicine. Thanks Kitty. Sorry about baby number 3 though xxx

Hi - I have PCOS and just started on Clomid - day 3 and experiencing a few abdominal cramps - hope this is normal - I have conceived naturally once just after christmas - but didn't get past week 7 - so hoping and praying that clomid helps me fall again - as it took 10 years to conceive the last time. There are twins in my family - so it would be lovely to conceive with twins - but of course would be extremely grateful just for one.

Hi - I have PCOS and just started on Clomid - day 3 and experiencing a few abdominal cramps - hope this is normal - I have conceived naturally once just after christmas - but didn't get past week 7 - so hoping and praying that clomid helps me fall again - as it took 10 years to conceive the last time. There are twins in my family - so it would be lovely to conceive with twins - but of course would be extremely grateful just for one.

I had cramps, headaches feeling generally horrendous on clomid lol but it was all worth it :) fingers crossed for you xxx

congratulations....i have just found out im pregnant after being on clomid too....its wonderful drug hey!! xx

Hey huni thanks for that just what i needed to hear. Been trying for 3 years.
Got pcos and high bmi etc.
I dont think it will ever happen to me but just finished my first course of clomid so fingers crossed ay.

Congrats to you and i hope your pregnancy goes smoothly xx

i am so happy for you, and reading this has made me see some light at the end of this long ttc tunnel :(

the doctors dont know why i haven't fallen in the last 2 years because myself and oh have had tests and working well suppose to be but the doctors aren't interested any more.. any advice on getting them to have a deeper look in to why it has been 2 years?

Congrats!!! This really gives me hope. I just was diagnosed w/PCOS and started my first day of Clomid today. I really didn't think there'd be a chance I could get pregnant on the first cycle, but seriously, now I can stay a bit more positive.

Best of luck to you!!!

i am so happy for you, and reading this has made me see some light at the end of this long ttc tunnel :(

the doctors dont know why i haven't fallen in the last 2 years because myself and oh have had tests and working well suppose to be but the doctors aren't interested any more.. any advice on getting them to have a deeper look in to why it has been 2 years?

The only thing I can suggest is changing gps, until you find one who is willing to help you, fingers crossed for you xxx

Lovely story, thanks for sharing!

This is such an inspiring story!!! I also used clomid this cycle, and am keeping crossed fingers for a BFP! My dream is also to have twins.......so I am really praying God blesses me with this!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and congrats! This is my first round of clomid CD 1-5, I went in for a CD 7 ultrasound and the follicles were still very small. I go in for my CD 10 ultrasound today.

Did you have ultrasounds done?

How did you know you ovulated on CD 5? that is pretty early. I dont think I ovulated on CD 5.

So....your story could be mine!
I'm still in shock as I just found I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and then found out I was having twins Yesterday.
After years of trying the "old fashion way" and then finally being dignosed with PCOS I thought I would never be a mom. One round of Chlmoid changed all of that. Pray for us and good luck with everything.

To all the hesitant women out there......ANYTHING is possible with prayer and a little faith.

same!!! i had been trying for over 2 years with pcos, i had a high bmi but metformin helped and i lost 2 1/2 stone, im 5,3 and 8 stone now, had to go private as nhs would not treat me due to dh havin kids!!
i was on my very last go of clomid before having to go onto ivf, i ovulated on the 10th october fully expecting for nothing to happen, on the day af was due i started spotting and thought it was all over, but for some reason i will never know i did a pg test and got a bfp!!! 4 Days later i had a heavy bleed and thought it was all over they scanned and could only see a sac and yolk sac however i went back 2 weeks later and THERE WERE 2 LIL BEANS!!!!!!! i am now 15 weeks with my miracle twins and counting feel so blessed hoping we 3 go the distance!
all i can say is i understand the pure heartache of ttc and i never ever thought it would be my turn, please dont give up clomid is fantastic and i wish you all lots of babydust xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->