First date

louandivy

Reaction score
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TALK ABOUT ON FIRST DATES? I am meeting a guy in Shoreditch tonight then we are going to a hip hop gig together but I'm freaking out/almost on the verge of cancelling. Its been so long since I had a first date and I have almost always gone out with people within my group of friends so I knew them fairly well already!

What do you do if its horribly awkward and you have nothing to say? Has that ever happened to anyone before? Yikes I am out of practice....

I'm not particularly concerned over him actually liking me, I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything I just feel like I may as well start enjoying dating again but I cannot take the idea of an awkward date where we have nothing to say, omg the thought makes me want to die

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TALK ABOUT ON FIRST DATES? I am meeting a guy in Shoreditch tonight then we are going to a hip hop gig together but I'm freaking out/almost on the verge of cancelling. Its been so long since I had a first date and I have almost always gone out with people within my group of friends so I knew them fairly well already!

What do you do if its horribly awkward and you have nothing to say? Has that ever happened to anyone before? Yikes I am out of practice....

I'm not particularly concerned over him actually liking me, I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything I just feel like I may as well start enjoying dating again but I cannot take the idea of an awkward date where we have nothing to say, omg the thought makes me want to die

If he is right for you/good to be around to date you will click, you will find things to talk about.
I know it sounds corny!
When I met my hubby to be, I was like you-what the hell do we talk about-well our first date started at 11am and we both stayed as long as we could together I only just caught the last train home.

Don't over think the date. Just go, and relax and enjoy it :flower:
Good luck! Xx

I've always heard it's easier to have other people there with you so it's less intense. I know it sounds terrible but maybe get someone to ring you at a certain time? But honestly, I'm sure it'll go really well, It sounds cliche but just be yourself and have a good time. At best you'll find someone you get on with and have a great time, at worst you'll get bored and then have a good time at the gig.

I was like you when I was about to go on my first date with DF as we had only met twice before and both times we were drunk. But the date went so well, we just clicked and chatted about all sorts.

Have fun I hope it goes well x

It depends how chatty he is (hopefully he is) if all else fails music is always a good topic of conversation especially cos you'll be at a gig together! Have a laugh and a good night :flow: (if he's a muppet just say you're off to the loo and do a runner :lol: ) GL x

This is why a trip to the cinema used to be my go-to first date :) No talking for 2 hours in the cinema and then you can talk about the film later!

Just remember that he's probably just as nervous as you! Things like music/gigs/festivals (especially as you're going to one) and travels are usually subjects that can get stilted conversation going again.

Vast amounts of alcohol and reminding yourself that you can always do a runner are good ways of feeling a little more confident!

Didn't realise you were single, good luck tonight, hope it goes well! x

If it's awkward and you're sitting in silence make a point of it and mention in a jokey way that it's awkward and you're nervous/shy! Likely he'll agree and joke about it and that gives you a gateway to talk about something random, or force conversation but without it being weird, you know? Or when you first get there talk about what should be your fallback conversation if it gets awkward. In a joking sort of way of course. Great icebreaker and it does genuinely give you something to bring up later if need be.

Shocked to hear you're on a date, I didn't realise you weren't with Dom still? I hope you're okay!

Ahh thanks guys - yeah we broke up like almost 8 weeks ago but it was totally friendly so im ok!!

Ok does this outfit look okay?! I always prefer to look too casual rather than too overdressed...obviously the plaits will be coming out before i leave hahaha

1185145_4993511208704_1633767069_n.jpg

You look gorgeous, I have figure and tidy kitchen envy going on! Love the shorts x

Urban Outfitters - got them this week! Aww thanks wish I could say it was my kitchen :haha:

Easy things to talk about is what you and him do for a living. Where you went to school. How long have you lived in the area (did you grow up here?). Hobbies.

Just be yourself as a PP said, and take it slow. If a friend introduced you guys, you could talk about how you know that friend. As you guys start chatting, different topics will just pop up and you'll naturally take it from there. :)

Good luck and have fun!

Things not to do?
Talk about how badly you want to have a baby. :rofl:
Gush endlessly about your cats or dogs. :haha:
Tell him a timeline for when you want to be married. :lol:

Just teasing about the above...sort of. I mean, if you want to see how fast he can run you could bring those topics up. :winkwink:

aaahhhh exciting! your outfit looks great and if you're going to a hip hop gig together then at least you know you have music chat to fall back on! the old faithful :haha: how did you meet him?

thanks everyone! I was worrying for nothing - it went really really REALLY well :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->