First IUI - Looking for IUI Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Elle!

So glad you joined...I just joined as well, my first post ever :)

So excited that you have your IUI tomorrow...I am in the same boat, they will only give me one insemination as well, I think it all depends on when your expected to ovulate and if you are going to BD too.

How did the ovidrel shot go? Mine is getting delivered today along with my progesterone suppositories that I will take after my IUI. Hoping to do the shot Thursday evening after my monitoring appt but I am scared to give it to myself!

Good luck - can't wait to hear updates!!

Hi Karena,

Welcome to BnB :)!! You will like it here!

The shot was fine although I had them give it to me since I was already at the office for one last ultrasound this morning. They gave it to me in my butt, haha like the top part..below my waist. I think you need to get it into the muscle so its definitely a little sore but nothing bad:) Good luck giving it to yourself, I know people become pro's at it!

You just reminded me to ask them about the progesterone; I hear that's very important!

Good luck to you!

I am playing major post catch up so I'm sure there is a newer update some where! LOL

Good luck today - let me know how it goes.

Question to you ladies who've done the HCG shot - any side effects?

Hey Ladies,

This is my first round of IUI. I'm on CD4 & so I'm just waiting until start testing next Saturday for my procedure.
We've been trying for a year & have unexplained infertility. Husband & I have both conceived in the past so this is a bit strange to us!

I've also started acupuncture this week. My doc says it's been known to increase the rate from 40-60%. Since I have insurance to cover it - it certainly doesn't hurt!

Looking for some ladies for support :)

Barbikins---Our cycles are very similar, CD7 today, and this is also going to be my first IUI. I go in for U/S tomorrow and possibly start injectables tomorrow night. I will finish Clomid tonight--so glad for that. Anyways, good luck this cycle! Good luck to everyone! :D

Hey you! You're getting triggered this early already eh? Wow.
I am going in on Saturday morning for CD10 & go from there.
I am wondering when they trigger - more like a normal Ovulation day or earlier. I don't know what to anticipate at all.

No Clomid for me but I'll be doing the HCG shot for sure.
Good luck!!!! Keep me posted.

I feel as my family does not understand. They are asking me things like why don't you just do IVF since it is 60%? Well I understand my % is higher but the cost is higher too. I understand I only have a 8% chance with IUI, but my doctor recommended trying IUI at least 2 or 3xs before I try IVF. He didn't want us to spend money on IVF and not have it work, or have us miss out on taking a chance and getting pregnant with IUI.

No side effects from the HCG shot for me at all. Progesterone on the other hand.....lol!

oh no zimmy, what were your side effects with Progesterone???? I will be on it for 15 days post IUI!

My doc didn't even like ask my about Clomid, he just said he was putting me on it..It's my fault for not say something but you know when you are trying for so long you listen to anything!

Yes, his SA did tests for motility, and count and the morphology, which to be honest I didn't even think of that! I only thought of count, you know? Good idea to get him more tests if you don't get your bfp this month! My DH is also taking some vitamins to help his sperm and they said to exercise and eat lots of veggies!

I understand just listening to your doctor!
My doctor was great in that every thing was left up to choice. And we asked the right questions. I'm also used to doctors & I know to ask lots of Questions.

We just did sperm count b/c it didn't cost us anything. The analysis is some $200 so we'll wait :)

Good to know no side effects from HCG.
One friend said her friend was bitchy LOL
I've read there can be some side effects but I think every woman is different.
I've heard about the Progesterone side effects - eep! Good luck. Short term for long term gain :)
I dont have to do the progesterone. Thankfully!

Lol Karena - It's not that bad :) Progesterone makes me a little crampy (like AF type cramps, nothing too severe) and you'll need to wear pantyliners if you are doing the suppository tablets.

Bit crampy isn't so bad! I've heard of headaches being a big complaint.
Could be worse right? :)

Good to know, thanks zimmy!! I have seen different side effects all over the web and most of them say that the side effects mimic pregnancy symptoms so it kind of tricks your head into thinking you might get that BFP whether you actually do or not...but I think everyone is different and I am just hoping that I am like you and don't have bad side effects...and yep, I'll be needing the panty liners too lol

Yes it does mimic pregnancy symptoms, or for me, like the symptoms I get just before Af - sore breasts, bloating, etc.

Yes it does mimic pregnancy symptoms, or for me, like the symptoms I get just before Af - sore breasts, bloating, etc.

I REALLY need to make my doc sit down and explain some stuff to me. I feel like in regards to the ovidrel and the progesterone prescription in my hand that there was NO explanation on what they were for! I got it all from here. That is SO not good huh. I didn't even know that ovidrel was the HCG shot. Plus that progesterone would be for more than one day. ARRRRGh!!! lmao. Well, she is getting some major questions come 3pm today! lol.

What is the progesterone? Does every woman have to take that for the IUI?

I REALLY need to make my doc sit down and explain some stuff to me. I feel like in regards to the ovidrel and the progesterone prescription in my hand that there was NO explanation on what they were for! I got it all from here. That is SO not good huh. I didn't even know that ovidrel was the HCG shot. Plus that progesterone would be for more than one day. ARRRRGh!!! lmao. Well, she is getting some major questions come 3pm today! lol.

JazzyFresh - same here about the meds!!! I got most if not all of the information I learned from websites like this one, and people who I met on FB that are going to the same clinic as me....it's like they don't want to tell us what it is for they show throw the meds at us! Thank god for the internet! I have been watching injection videos bc I have to do the ovidrel myself, you would think they would at least teach me that lol ahhh well, it's a learning experience I guess and as long as we get what we want, we'll be happy :winkwink:

Some doctors assume we know what they are talking about. I think some of them forget we did not go to school for this like they did. I always ask questions though and sometimes I may ask way too many questions. My husband even ask questions

That's awful ladies! My clinic is so good at explaining everything, the demonstrate how to use all the meds, and I can call them at any time I need to. I'll try to answer any questions you have if I can!

Amolecchi - not everyone needs the supplements, progesterone is a hormone your body make sto support pregnancy. I was prescribed it sue to a previous m/c.

What is the progesterone? Does every woman have to take that for the IUI?

From what I understand, your body naturally (or is supposed to) make enough progesterone. It is what supports the implantation process of the egg to the uterine wall. I have previously had a miscarriage, so she wants to supplement me with it to have better chances of making "it stick"!

I really think that they just get so used to explaining everything in detail from patient to patient that maybe they forget that they didn't explain it to EVERYONE. lol. I can see how it could happen. Or maybe like Pnutsprincess said, it could be they assume we have already done our own research?

Either way, I have me not knowing half this stuff and THEN needing to explain the little I do know to the hubs. Dumb and dumber right there! lmao! Needless to say, he will be going today at 3pm for my U/S so we can get down to the bottom of it! lol

Oh ok thank you ladies!! I always come up with questions AFTER I LEAVE...so I always call the nurses and they are so nice and helpful! I am sure they are used to being asked daily about it!

Hi there!

I am also starting my first IUI this month. Waiting for CD1 this weekend, then Clomid, then Ovidrel, then 2 IUI. I'm jealous that you can ovulate on your own! Thank you all for sharing your experience with me this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back