First IUI - Looking for IUI Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really really new to forums in general so I just found out I need to post more to get to update my signature - so here's some SPAM intro about me until then...

what are you all doing for your BD schedule with the ovidrel and the IUI?

Hi there!

I am also starting my first IUI this month. Waiting for CD1 this weekend, then Clomid, then Ovidrel, then 2 IUI. I'm jealous that you can ovulate on your own! Thank you all for sharing your experience with me this month.

Welcome Qwerty, I am glad you are joining us to share your story as well. I am waiting on a referral from my husbands doctor so we can start IUI. I have not started my Feb cycle yet, but I have a feeling i might have to wait until March. Which is okay, it is just nice to be able to relate with people

Lol, hi Qwerty!....I did my IUI last friday, so we're just BDing whenever we feel like it, lol! No pressure this month as it was all timed for us :)

Hi there!

I am also starting my first IUI this month. Waiting for CD1 this weekend, then Clomid, then Ovidrel, then 2 IUI. I'm jealous that you can ovulate on your own! Thank you all for sharing your experience with me this month.

Hi qwerty310 WELCOME :)

Just cuz we can ovulate doesn't mean it's doing anything!!! lol. Girl, we all have our own issues. Just know that we are in this together and gotta support each other thru this roller coaster. I am excited that you are starting your first IUI cycle!! Stay in contact!! How many mg of Clomid did your doctor prescribe you anyways? And then the 2 IUI's will be back to back?

I find out today at 3pm with my U/S to see how many eggs have matured. Then, we find out if we are proceeding with the trigger and when, and then time the IUI 36hrs from that point. My hubs is freaking out over the pressure of handling his portion. lol. As it is, we have not done a sperm analysis because this all happened so quickly. I literally had my 1st appointment on 1/29 and got started on Clomid that day since it was CD5.

Lol, hi Qwerty!....I did my IUI last friday, so we're just BDing whenever we feel like it, lol! No pressure this month as it was all timed for us :)

So I just found out what BDing is.... :blush: LMAO!!!

Hahaha I was confused by your answer at first!!! Welcome qwerty!!! All of the ladies here are very welcoming and helpful! This is my first IUI and I just started clomid today!

Hey All,

Just checking in after my 1st IUI today! All went great and the DH had great sperm count after the wash! the IUI literally took a minute. I had cramping after they did it and light cramping for the rest of the day (nothing bad, just noticeable). I work from home so thankfully I've been able to keep my feet up all afternoon and relax. I am on estrogen AND progesterone thru the TWW. Yuck but all worth it I guess!

Barbikins--- I actually did have some side effects for the trigger shot! Just some cramping and then last night I woke up at 1:30am STARVING. I went downstairs and made some toast and had a glass of milk. While I was making my toast I started gagging like I was going to vomit. SO weird. Then I felt fine after I ate. hahaha.

Zimmy-- that is good to know about the progesterone. I'll start it tomorrow. I hate doing all of these medicines vaginally!! Maybe I'll have to go buy some panty liners... uck. haha.

HI ElleT613! Very cool! I am excited for you. Thanks for checking in. Nothing like finding out the sperm count was great huh. Curious, did you have cramping for your HSG (if you even did one)? Mine was really bad so nervous about the IUI's cramping.

Baby dust to you sweetie!!! :dust:

Hey All,

Just checking in after my 1st IUI today! All went great and the DH had great sperm count after the wash! the IUI literally took a minute. I had cramping after they did it and light cramping for the rest of the day (nothing bad, just noticeable). I work from home so thankfully I've been able to keep my feet up all afternoon and relax. I am on estrogen AND progesterone thru the TWW. Yuck but all worth it I guess!

Barbikins--- I actually did have some side effects for the trigger shot! Just some cramping and then last night I woke up at 1:30am STARVING. I went downstairs and made some toast and had a glass of milk. While I was making my toast I started gagging like I was going to vomit. SO weird. Then I felt fine after I ate. hahaha.

Zimmy-- that is good to know about the progesterone. I'll start it tomorrow. I hate doing all of these medicines vaginally!! Maybe I'll have to go buy some panty liners... uck. haha.

Elle~ Good luck, I hope you get you BFP! Thank you for telling us about your experience. Is it like the HSG cramping or another type of cramping?

Hey All,

Soooo good to hear everything went well, I feel the same way about the meds (not looking forward to the progesterone suppositories!) but if it gets us a BFP that is all that matters!

I just realized we have so much in common...we are the same age, we have both been trying since May 2012, we both work from home....and this is the first IUI for both of us!! Let's def keep in touch and sending baby :dust: your way!

I feel as my family does not understand. They are asking me things like why don't you just do IVF since it is 60%? Well I understand my % is higher but the cost is higher too. I understand I only have a 8% chance with IUI, but my doctor recommended trying IUI at least 2 or 3xs before I try IVF. He didn't want us to spend money on IVF and not have it work, or have us miss out on taking a chance and getting pregnant with IUI.

IVF is significantly more expensive. If your doctor thinks IUI is enough for now, just do that. Why spend 10K or more when you can spend like $500 for IUI?

What is the progesterone? Does every woman have to take that for the IUI?

Progesterone is the hormone in your TWW that supports a pregnancy to be able to happen. It's usually prescribed to woman who've had miscarriages.
I've never had a miscarriage so I won't need them.

Hey All,

Hey Hey! Congrats on your firs IUI :) All the best!!! Are you inseminated just the one time? I emailed my nurse today & found out I will get inseminated twice - back to back. Should up my chances!

Hmmm as for symptoms - I've read it can mimic some pregnancy type symptoms. Question: did you do the injection at home or in the clinic?

BAH. Hope I dont have symptoms. I was not feeling great when I was pregnant.

Hey All,

Hey Hey! Congrats on your firs IUI :) All the best!!! Are you inseminated just the one time? I emailed my nurse today & found out I will get inseminated twice - back to back. Should up my chances!

Hmmm as for symptoms - I've read it can mimic some pregnancy type symptoms. Question: did you do the injection at home or in the clinic?

BAH. Hope I dont have symptoms. I was not feeling great when I was pregnant.

Hi- thank you!;)

Yes, I was just inseminated one time and then they told me that we should BD sometime tomorrow. FX for you-- that is great you are getting an IUI back to back-- lots of spermies in there!!

I went to the clinic for my injection but I would have saved a lot of money if I did it on my own. I just can't see myself being able to do it (I got queezy very easily with that stuff) but of course tons of girls do!

Hey All,

Soooo good to hear everything went well, I feel the same way about the meds (not looking forward to the progesterone suppositories!) but if it gets us a BFP that is all that matters!

I just realized we have so much in common...we are the same age, we have both been trying since May 2012, we both work from home....and this is the first IUI for both of us!! Let's def keep in touch and sending baby :dust: your way!

I love it! I spread some dust on your user page!! Do you know when your IUI will be?? FX for you!!

Yay!! we are very close in our cycle...and on the same meds too so we can keep each other updated!! When are you going to start testing with OPKs?
Tomorrow! One thing I'm nervous about is that I haven't gotten my ovidrel in hand yet - I delayed b/c I was trying to figure out which pharmacy my insurance covers, turns out it's not what I originally though, and it's mail order... Hopefully the positive test will hold off for a couple days. Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

:thumbup: way to go! We are feeling a little weird about the insemination and want our "natural" sperms to be in the running to make baby. I know it's a little ridiculous since all that matters is that baby in the end... But DH is a little new to all this technology. He's being a good sport, but we want to balance the abstinence for the IUI with still having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"