First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red is that how your last cycle went to? I cant remember. Here's hoping those follies catch up! Day 6 is still early.

Yep - Last time I was slow too, so par for the course. my nurse said my estrogen is low, but starting to rise so we should see an improvement. She said we will keep stimming until the others catch up. She is the best.

Ill let you know how tomorrow's scan goes.

That's good, they may just take a little while! Keep us updated!

I needed to double my stim meds around the same time red. You've got lots of time for bunches to catch up, can't wait to hear your update with the new dose on board!

Well good news! 7 follicles all the same size and growing at a good speed. The nurse said that the higher dose seems to be doing the trick and we will stick with it.
Phew! I am relieved, I did not have a great feeling yesterday.

Red that's great!!!
J any updates from you?
I had ANOTHER big bleed today. I went to the perinatologist and he said there's no sign of a hemmhorage anymore. Babies looked perfect and bleeding stopped right away. Follow up with OB tomorrow. I really hope we are done with scares.

Red that's fabulous news! While stimming things can change so fast!

Red- great news.

Jsquared- hope all is moving along well for you.

lanet- I hope that is the last scare for you. Must be terrifying every time you see blood Glad the babies are doing well.

Lanet - sorry about your scare! I really hope you are done with them too.

J- hope you are doing o.k

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement ladies! Today there are 9 follies growing away. They are thinking that retrieval will be on Sunday or Monday. The nurse asked me this morning if anyone had mentioned a FET to me....? She said that the doctor at the clinic has been doing alot of FET even during a fresh cycle. I guess the success rate is much higher - something to do with estrogen... Has anyone heard of this? She said the Dr will meet with me and give me more details.

Hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful day!

Red that's great! I have heard that some clinics prefer fet, something about the uterus being more receptive when they hormone levels arent going nuts from stims. My embryologist told me our clinic was seeing astounding success rates with FET.
Of course I would've done a fresh cycle but I had no choice and FET worked out for me!

Red what a great number you've got going! As for fresh vs. Fet I've gotten pregnant from both ways. I think if the environment is right and the embryo is good it's going to happen either way.

Well I am up to 16 follicles (7 overnight...) which is just nuts. Nurse said that I am looking good and thinking ER will on Monday. The 7 that grew overnight are only 10-11mm so I am not sure if they will be able to catch up.

Being that my ER may happen on Monday - they have asked me to be part of the clinics yearly review with the ethics and standards committee. I guess every year some people need to come in from some committee and watch a procedure and make sure everything runs as it should. I agreed - firstly, they gave me $2500 in free drugs this cycle (which I now think was a bribe lol) and secondly, they will be on their best behavior and will follow every protocol which is a win for me. At this point all it really means for me is that there will be 3 extra people looking at my vag and as we all know, after all the people who have seen it during this process what is 3 more??

I should have asked my nurse this - but how large do they want the follicles? Is there an ideal average size?

Oh red this sounds like an awesome cycle! So excited for you!
I'm not positive on size, 16-18 maybe? I really don't know though, I never heard my final size and they get a finale growth spurt with trigger.

Red, sounds like thing are rocking right along! Yay!

Lanet, bless your heart. I hope the scares are over so you can just focus on the little bundles you'll be holding in mere months!

Everyone else, hope all is well. :flower:

As for me: frustration city. So to recap, during my first FET my lining got to 9 in a hurry. It stayed there, actually thinned slightly to 8.something the week before transfer. But by all account is was trilaminar and lovely and yada yada, and then BFN.

The next cycle, the lining was 5.7 after a week and did get to 7.5 but wasn't trilaminar. Cancelled.

This cycle, RE has me take the estrace tablets vaginally, still on 1 patch every 3 days. First check on Wednesday, my lining was 8.5 and trilaminar. Whew!! Then...they bring me back today--more frequent monitoring this time just to be safe--and though the lining is still "beautiful" and trilaminar, it's down to 6.8 in the thickest spot. WTF? Seriously. WTF?? Okay: It's only CD 10. The nurse (actually an ultrasound tech, but she's been at it 30 years) said there is plenty of time for improvement, that she expects my RE will just up the meds. So now I'm waiting for the instructions to come in on the online portal. What is up with my uterus? At least it's tripled striped so there's hope. This sucks though.

Any of you ladies remember what your lining was when you got your BFP? I'd shove 10 pills a day up there if they'd let me. My patience is thinning along with that damn lining. Serenity now...

J hmm... I'm not sure why it's doing that but I totally get tour frustration. This cycle which was fresh I was worried about it being too thick. Did they even bother to check what it was during your fresh cycle since you were doing fet? Anyhow the only thing I can think us it's just how your body reacts to the meds. They know it early so I would assume more meds. Perhaps injections? It's hard because everyone is so different. The good thing is that it is tri and that there is time.

I was going to suggest injections too, that's what I did with FET, mine was 10 when they added progesterone. My acupuncturist said she likes it over 10 too.
That's crazy that yours goes back and forth! But I'm no expert, maybe lots of people's do that.

Yeah I have no idea what's going on. I will ask about injections though. That hasn't been suggested to me yet. Peachy, they didn't mention the lining during the fresh cycle to me--once the tech said it looked good during a scan but I can't remember when that was in the cycle.

Anyway, the nurse just called. My RE wants to see me Sunday morning to do the scan himself. She also said he does NOT want to adjust my meds before then. ??? Okay. I'm actually relieved he's going to do it and see for himself. Nurse said it's just so he can have the whole picture before he decides what to do next since he doesn't know why my lining is thinning at this point. Makes sense. Then she reminded me this is a marathon not a sprint. Yeah, yeah. I am aware.

J - its so totally frustrating. I'm sorry your lining is not cooperating. I hope your scan went well this morning.

My retrieval is booked for 830 tomorrow. I asked about the size of follicles they are looking for and they said 16-18 mm. So I have 14 around that size today. I am pretty sure they are going to freeze all of them but we will see.

Hope all you ladies are enjoying the weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->