• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red, that's great!! There may be even more in there that don't show up on the scan--I know that's what happened with me. Wishing you all the best for ER tomorrow. :)

Not so great news for me today. RE took a long time with the scan this morning and said my lining was measuring around 7mm in most spots and was trilaminar. But he wants it thicker. I get it, so do I. Just increase the meds right? Nope. Apparently my labs are showing great levels of e2 in my blood, but my uterus isn't metabolizing it so well. Therefore an increase in meds won't help; the e2 is already definitely getting into my blood but not being absorbed correctly by the uterus for some reason.

So he laid out a couple of options. One, we go through with the transfer at 7mm, which he said may well result in pregnancy even though my lining is on the thin side, or two (this is where I started crying) we cancel again and do a THIRD hysteroscopy to see what the hell is going on in there and if my septum went deeper than originally thought. If they get in there and find more septum, they will surgically remove it, and after I recover we'll move forward with the transfer; if they get in and find nothing, we'll have delayed things unnecessarily but then proceed with another cycle and hope I get to 7 or better and just go for it.

I asked him why it got thinner. Why 8.5 on Wednesday and now 7? He said it was never 8.5, that it didn't actually thin at all, and that the ultrasound is sometimes inaccurate in its feedback. Oh, well then. That's cool. NOT!!

I asked about injections, more patches, more time...he repeated that none of that would help since my blood levels show that I'm on plenty of the drug already. It's a receptivity issue in the uterus.

So we're going for the hysteroscopy. And it sucks. But I'd rather waste time than waste an embryo, and intellectually I know it's not a waste of time if it sheds any light at all on what's going on. He told me worst case scenario--meaning they find something in there (which I kind of hope they do to be honest--let's have something we can fix!)--I can still expect my next FET before the end of the year. I had hoped to announce a pregnancy to family by Christmas. Never saw this coming. It could certainly be worse, and as my partner reminds me, this is bad news but not devastating news. But I'm sad. And scared. And worried I may never build a hospitable lining. I'd like to tell you I'm staying positive and moving forward, chin up, etc. But in reality I'm feeling sorry for myself, sitting in bed on a sunny day watching old sitcoms and changing the channel when diaper commercials come on. Wah.

Red good luck tomorrow, it sounds like you have a great number!
J I'm so sorry, it is do devastating to get so close and be delayed again! I think you made the right decision though, obviously something is going on and I hope they get to the bottom of it!
My Ob said this bleed is due to a low lying placenta, she said it should be moved up in a few weeks. I sure hope so.

J - You made the right choice. Way better to waste time, than waste an embryo. The delays during this process are enough to make anyone crazy. I hope they can give you some answers.

Afm, my ER was yesterday morning. It hurt more than I remember...I was sore all afternoon. I took today off work just in case, but I am feeling much better. T

They got 10 eggs yesterday and 8 of them fertilized and made it through the night!! So here's hoping that they will divide nicely and make it to Friday or Saturday

Red thats so great! So you're going for a fresh or frozen transfer?

J- i totally agree with you better to waste time than an embryo. Hope they are able to figure out what is going on with your lining.

Red- hope your embies keep on dividing :) when would transfer be?

I still have 8 awesome embryos dividing - they have decided to freeze them all.
I spoke with the embryologist today and he said they are all 8 cell and grade 1 embies so that makes me feel good. I really feel like the millions of pills they had me on for the last 6 months really helped in my egg quality.

I am a little disappointed that pregnancy will be delayed a few months, but at 30 months of trying what is the difference? lol

I need info from all of you ladies who had a FET...I know nothing about when, how and what happens?? Can you shed some light on for me?

Lanet and Peachy - how are you guys feeling?

Mononoke - how are you you doing?

J- Do you have a date for your hysteroscopy?

J I am terribly sorry you have been delayed again. I hope they figure out what's going on and get it fixed ASAP. X

Red that's an amazing number of embies so happy for you! So did they tell you when fet would be then and why they would rather freeze them for you? Fet is very easy and boring : ). Especially compared to the hectic pace of a fresh cycle it seems as if there's nothing to do. You just take the meds to prepare your body for baby and ttransfer. The good thing is that since they aren't worried about getting eggs and all that the sole focus is on your uterus and making everything perfect for baby. Waiting is no fun but you're right you have waited a long time so what's a little longer to make sure everything is perfect : )

My dr says they have been having great success with frozen transfers. She has attended quite a few conferences and she said they have done quite a few FET's since my last cycle in February and the outcomes have been quite good.
She thinks it is related to estrogen levels and how someone recovers from stims. She also said something about the eggs are stronger after being frozen....I will ask her more about this as I am not sure how they develop once they are frozen.

So we have a lead up appt on October 31st and should hopefully have a transfer late November.

They don't develop once they are frozen. They are just frozen in time and then when thawed before transfer they continue to develop. Did they say when they would freeze them? Transfer in Nov may seem far but it's right around the corner : )

Hi Seoul I'm doing well. How about you? How are you hanging in there with those babies?

J any news yet?

Red do you have a transfer date or already transfered?

Mono hope you and the little guy are doing fabulous!

Hi ladies. Seoul good to hear from you!
We had our anatomy scan yesterday. Genders are...

Attachments

• IMG_7417.jpg
    IMG_7417.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
Yeyyy Lanet just like me :) How exciting.

Peachy- glad you are doing well.

I am doing well as well just getting ready to meet these guys already. I have an appointment tomorrow I am sure I will get a better idea of if I need a c section and what not at this visit. I hope I have less than 3 weeks to go.

How exciting to be so far along! And you were worried you have them too early : ). I think we all are. Are you all ready for them or do you still have things to get?

Hi Ladies!

Seoul - I can't believe it is almost time for you xx

Lanet - Boy and Girl! That is such great news.

Peachy - I see you are having a boy!! So exciting

I cannot believe how far along everyone is. It goes so fast!

AFM, I have 3 5 day blast frozen. We have our appointment this Friday to discuss transfer!

Red that's soo exciting! How many will you transfer? Or is there no choice with an fet?

red- good luck at your appointment on Friday.

AFM- I am looking at a possible induction next week. Seems like our little girl is a lot smaller than our little man and has not been growing adequately these past 3 weeks only gained 200 grams so she said next week we would asses the situation again do a NST and decide if we can afford to wait another week or not but she told me to be prepared for a soon delivery. I kind of have mixed feelings about all of this I am so ready to meet them and be done with the pregnancy but I am worried that she is just too small. They are estimating her to weigh 3.5 pounds :S and estimating the boy is just over 5 pounds. But sounds like her chances will be better on the outside.

Red can't wait to hear what they say Fri!

Seoul I'm sure it's very scary but if it helps any a girl I went to school with (our parents were friends as well) weighed a little over a pound when she was born and was among the smartest in our class and that was 37 years ago (when she was born ; ) ). So if she could thrive then with that weight your little one most certainly will now. Are you all ready for them at home?

Hi Ladies!

Lanet yay! One of each--perfect!

Seoul, thinking of you and wishing you all the best. :flower:

Peachy, how are you? Time is going fast!

Red, so happy things are going well! Keep us updated on transfer.

Messica, how are things? Hope all is going beautifully for you.

As for me, I had my hysteroscopy a couple of weeks ago, and the surgeon did in fact find some remaining septum behind the endometrium. He was aggressive in making sure he removed it all, and RE is very happy with the outcome. He thinks we will have a much better experience going forward since this was likely the cause of my lining issues. I have to wait four weeks for everything to heal, and then we'll get going with the next cycle and have transfer by Christmas. So I'm hopeful. And so, so glad we had the surgery, even if it means waiting. We all know some things are worth the wait. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->