First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Breaking that sounds real good to me!

I got all my drugs today and I have to tell you even though I have done it before and knew what was coming I was still overwhelmed! All the meds, needles and pills make your head spin!

I can't wait!! I'm literally counting down the days. Mainly until I can stop these damn pills:( I think I may actually lose weight bc I now have no appetite and feel nauseous. And my boobs are heavy and sore. I will be ok with all of this in a month or so as long as it's a baby causing it.
Amanda how are you??

I really can't wait for it to be over too. No more bcp's for me but lots of other stuff that can really mess me with anyways. It's just such a different protocol this time and I am so unhappy about the PIO shots. Last time I at least got to use the progesterone in ethyl oleate and this clinic is insisting I use the sesame oil. I really don't see why

Oh no, what else is different for you this time?

Well I took Doxy last time but this time I have to take Flagyl as well plus steroids and last time I did the Lupron and this time it's Ganirelix. Just a lot to wrap my head around since he even said I had a good response this time. Had my pre-op this morning and they made me do a preg test. Utterly ridiculous and just another cost really. It's -12 degrees right now with a windchill of -35 . I can't believe it's like this and almost March. Nuts. I feel like if it would just be warmer and I could walk around the lake that I would have a much better outlook on things. It's just depressing here. Plus someone hit hubby's car when I was at work last night and I noticed this morning when taking out the trash. I sent him a text as I don't want to deal with talking to him : )

Oh my! So overwhelming. I agree that a walk in the sunshine would prob do both of us a lot of good right now. My dr uses ganirelix too. At least that's what she wrote on my paper when she was drawing a picture of how ivf works. I called today to try to get a rough estimate of days I need to be there so I can schedule off work. I haven't heard back yet.
It's not quite that cold here but we are expecting a big ice storm.
I'm having a hard time dragging myself through my work day. I don't want to do any extra people etc. it's just too much right now and I'm really tired again. I'm also having heart palpitations. I've had them on and off for years and I'm wondering if the hormones are maybe triggering them.
Idk if I will have a pre op appt. I'll ask.
Have you started ganirelix yet?

HI!! ladies, not much to report on my end. My baseline is at 3pm today, I'm pretty anxious!! Af blessed me yesterday, and she hasn't been very nice.

HI Ladies:

Good Morning...

Lanet- ethyl oleate is way thicker than sesame oil..it takes longer to plunge it out from the needle...

Talking about PIO..I did all my PIO shots by myself since you have to do it same time everyday and just for mere statistics of having to do it everyday, there has got to be a time where I hit a nerve and sometimes a blood vessels :)...I still have a numb area on left lower quadrant possibly by hitting a nerve...and at least three times I hit a blood vessels and blood was just dripping right after I pull the needle (sorry TMI)...

anyway I am wondering how Hello and Red are doing, I am so excited for them..

Hello- I was reading last night and I read that your coughing and sneezing might be a good sign that you will have a BCP, its because its our bodies reaction of lowering your immune system so that your body does not treat the embie as a foreign body. So likely the fact that you catch sneezes is a sign that your body is doing its job....:babydust:
Also, I have read about the endometrial scratching, they do it a lot in UK, a little invasive but said it increases the chances of implantation by 5%..:)

Anyway I stopped my medication at 11 weeks...so I have left over medications.

I have an unopened sealed estradiol valerate 5mg and 12 individually pieces of endometrin progesterone suppositories..(my OB said my RE did an overkill - I was on suppositories and PIO at the same time)..if any of you guys might need it let me know. My RE does not have a buy back so Im stuck with it.

I also have one vial of Menopur, if by chance any of you might need..just let me know you can have it.

I'm officially 12 weeks today and in my second trimester...:dance:

Peachy...thanks hun. yes all the drugs can be overwhelming!!

Lanet...the big follie continues to grow and the others are catching up. it will just be bigger that the others

Had u/s and b/w today and everything is looking good: 10 mature follies (>16mm) and the big one is now at 26mm.

There are several..about 7..less mature follies from 10-16mm.

I got my hcg trigger and superfact...and am on "standby " to trigger tonight for ER on sat
I'm waiting for a call from the nurse.

Amanda good luck this afternoon !

Mono actually the ethyl oleate is thinner and has less adverse reactions at the site. Less rash itching lumps etc. Nurse said if that happens to me they will give me a cream. Yay. CONGRATULATIONS ON 12 WEEKS!!!

Lanet I thought you were using Lupron or are you using Ganirelix differently? I am using it for 3 days during stimming to prevent ovulation.

Breaking can't wait for ER!!

Mono - 12 weeks!!! Such great news!

Breaking - good luck with your transfer - fingers crossed for lots of mature eggies

Lanet - hang in there. :thumbup:

Peachy - boo on the car... never fun.

So I'm 4dp5dt and feel pretty good. Still a little bloated but aside from that completely normal! I am so tempted to test on the weekend...but I think I should wait until next week.

Are you planning on or did you test during the TWW or did you wait for the beta?

Redbrick so exciting!!! I will test before beta but I will hold off on doing it too early...or at least try.
Amanda good luck to you! Let us know what they say.
Breaking that sounds great and you're getting so close!!
Mono congrats on 12 weeks!!! So exciting! How are you feeling?
I know nothing yet about either of those pio or other shots...
Peachy idk what I'm using yet but I do know the one thing she wrote down to use during stims was ganirelix. I was assuming I would use that for the same reason you are. Instead of Lupron.

Well its certainly less injections. Ask yours and I will ask mine and we can see why they preferred to use this protocol : )

Red I have to tell you I will probably not be able to stop myself but I wish I could. It was bad both ways. With my negative it was overwhelming and kept feeling every time I continued to test til beta praying for a line. Crazy enough the positive was utter excitement at first then I still had to continue to test praying the line would get darker and studying them to make sure I did and still being afraid it would end up chemical or come out low on beta day. Then beta comes and the anxiety of that first number only got worse waiting for the second then of course the stress and panic with all those cramps and pinches while waiting for u/s and to hear the heartbeat hoping it's strong. Now I could say I won't quit stressing I'm sure til I hold my baby but I know it will never end forever :winkwink:

Nurse called and I'm ready to trigger tonight!
ER is for Saturday morning

I'm nervous but excited to move on to this step.

good luck breaking...you wouldn't even know it...the procedure is fast...are you doing 3day transfer or 5?

peachy - thanks for the info. I thought the estradiol was a lot thicker because I draw it with the 18 gauge needle and for my progesterone I used the 22. Oh and I have to correct myself again :) this is my last week for my first trimester and on my to my second trimester....as you said the apprehension and stress really does not stop until you get to hold lo. after the ER, ET and then BETA and then every BETA you stress about the HCG number, then you stress about the u/s then you stress about chem preg, then you stress about m/c then..haaay it never stops..but its all worth it...

Yay Breaking!

Mono I feel bad for you because my Estradiol is a pill I didn't even know that was an injectable. The nurse told me they don't use the progesterone in ethyl oleate because it's newer so they use progesterone in either sesame or peanut oil. I figured it was a lose/lose so stuck with the sesame and didn't even get an option for suppositories although that seems real messy to me too. Crazy what a stress ball it all is huh? Have you tried meditation or do you do the acupuncture?

Breaking - Sooo exciting. Best of luck Saturday.

I'm really trying not to test, but it is hard. How long does the HCG stay in your system? and is an IVF cycle the same as a regular cycle? Mine is 28 days - so would be expecting AF next Wed or Thurs - does it work the same? I feel like an idiot for not knowing this. My beta is scheduled for March 10.....forever away. I think I may test late next week....

Red how much hcg did you use? Egg retrieval would be considered ovulation day and that's when it's fertilized. Mar 10th is a while to wait. I think my test was 9 days after transfer but it I used day 5 embies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->