First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

I'm 8dp5dt. AF would be scheduled to arrive on Wednesday or Thursday...
I'm going away for a ladies weekend this weekend. Beta is suppose to be Sunday morning - but I have to push it off until Monday. I feel like I will know by then anyways so what's an extra day. lol

Hey Ladies!!!

Went for scan this morning and 1 follicle measuring a 8 on the right and 5 on the left measuring 10,9,5,5,4 lining is 3.8. Waiting on estradiol levels to see if I adjust meds.

Go back on Thursday morning!! I'm starting to feel a little bloating, and I am constantly starving to death!!

Red if you are in progesterone af won't come right? You are going to test before beta? So exciting, you're almost there!
Amanda how many days have you been on stims? Sounding good!

Red if you are in progesterone af won't come right? You are going to test before beta? So exciting, you're almost there!
Amanda how many days have you been on stims? Sounding good!

I am on day 4. Estradiol came back at 146, which they said was great. I will keep the same dosage tonight and the lower the GOnal F to 150 tomorrow and then up it to 275 Wed all the while keeping the Menupor at 150.

I finally got some dates. I will take my last bcp on the 24th. So 3 more weeks. Baseline on 27th, stims most likely start on 28th. And then monitoring begins on the 1st. By then all you ladies will already be pregnant;)
I will be taking follitism, and menapur. Is that what you are using peachy? I'm glad bc that's the one I got a bigger discount on!

Lanet yes I am taking those. Not particularly fond of mixing the Menopur but oh well. My day 3 labs yesterday E2 was at 177 and they said that's very good so more labs and first u/s tomorrow morning to see what's cooking. Have a ridiculous headache that refuses to go away. Hoping my body adjusts soon . I am allergic to some antibiotics including cephalexin that's why I'm on Flagyl which is for my endometrial lining and he's not letting me quit he's having me use it vaginally and use the actual pill. Supposedly it's easier on your system I guess we shall see. Craziness I tell you.

Lanet so exciting to get dates and have an end date. Are the bcp's getting a little easier?

Red you have admirable will power!

Buny how are you feeling? A lot of ups and downs? 2ww is never easy.

Amanda you are the opposite of me as it's my right side that kicks them all out but great report and more will continue to kick out!

Mono how are you and baby doing? Still feeling that heartbeat?

Red- Wow! Good on ya for being able to wait so long to test. I can never make it past 4dp5dt.

AMANDAKT512- When do you go in for u/s?

lanet- Yay for getting your start schedule set up! :happydance:

Peachy- I've heard the same thing about antibiotics being easier on your system if used as suppositories. I hope that works better for you. <3

AFM- TWW has started, and I wish I could test right now and get my BFP. Haha. But in seriousness, I feel great today. Like strangely great. Plus, my energy has come back again for the first time since the beginning of last FET cycle. The house is spotless. :winkwink: I know it's too early for any pregnancy symptoms, little embryo isn't even a blastocyst yet!, but I'm just feeling really peaceful and positive. Loving it!

Today, I am dying to test. Hubby agreed that we will test tomorrow morning before work :wacko: I feel good about it??? maybe?? I don't know...lol. I feel like I'm losing my mind. You guys will probably be the first people to know :)

Glad to hear you have a date Lanet!!

Peachy - Hope the new method helps with the side effects.

Amanda - how are you feeling on the meds? my left side produced a ton of follicles too!

Positive thoughts to everyone! :hugs:

Buny so glad you are feeling positive will you wait for beta?

Red I have everything crossed for you tomorrow I am nervous for you!!

So excited to hear your results redbrick! Any symptoms?

OMG..this is such an exciting times..FX'd for everybody here.

Buny - I am so happy to learn that your trooper made it, this could be the one, so relax as much as you can and happy thoughts!!!

Red - that's exciting...I think tomorrow is a good time and much accurate because when I POAS on 5dp5dt it was negative and then on then I did my beta on the 9dp5dt it was positive and I tried again another POAS and this time it was positive...FX'd for you too! yey!

Hello- how you've been? did you do your beta yet?

Amanda - you must be responding well with your stim medicine because they usually lower it depending on what they see on your ultrasound...

Lanet - don't worries, days are flying anyway before you know it you will be on your 2WW :)..

Peachy - thanks for asking, yesterday I had my Nuchal scan and genetic counseling. My husband and I are very nervous every time I scan because of our experience with Baby B. But the technician this time was very nice and did her assignment. She said that she knew it was twins before and so she immediately hone in to the heartbeat to assure us that everything is well with Baby A. It's amazing to see this fully formed bundle of love at 12 wks + 4, complete with extremities and moving and kicking although I can't feel it yet. Its truly a miracle of life especially for us who are doing IVF because we saw them since they were a blastocyst. I did CF screening, and the genetic counselor were recommending three more (Fragile X, Sickle Cell and Hemoglobinopathy) thanks God, I am not a carrier of CF.

The nuchal scan also yielded that the thickness of the baby's neck is normal. I can't do any blood screening because we lost Baby B, and I declined CVS and Amniocentesis - I am really scared as I have read some women who have had m/c at 19 and 20 weeks after doing amniocentesis due to infections and possibly premature labor.

We finally broke the news to my husband's family in Philly, and they were very happy.

Peachy- I'll probably start testing at 7dp3dt. I never can make it to OTD. If the clinic tested a little earlier I might be able to wait- but 14dpt is just too long.

Mono that's amazing you can see little one happy and moving! You may be nervous but it must be a relief afterwards. Will you find the sex out or do you want a surprise?

Buny I know I won't be able to wait but I'm going to try. Since its a new clinic I don't know how long they make you wait but 14 days is ridiculous.

Mono how exciting, it won't be long before you feel all those kicks!
It's getting hard to explain to my clients that I won't be here for a couple of weeks. They sound so disappointed, like I'm going to just take off for no reason (none of their business anyway) but I need a better excuse. They are already trying to book for those days and it's getting tricky! I'll be taking off 2 1/2 weeks. Mostly because I don't want to work the week of transfer and retrieval, or the week after, and I'm going to try to work in between monitoring appts but it will be hard in case something changes.

Mono how exciting, it won't be long before you feel all those kicks!
It's getting hard to explain to my clients that I won't be here for a couple of weeks. They sound so disappointed, like I'm going to just take off for no reason (none of their business anyway) but I need a better excuse. They are already trying to book for those days and it's getting tricky! I'll be taking off 2 1/2 weeks. Mostly because I don't want to work the week of transfer and retrieval, or the week after, and I'm going to try to work in between monitoring appts but it will be hard in case something changes.

Just a thought: Why not take off the week before EC/ET and the week of? At least from what I've experienced, stimming is a total energy drain and emotions can get all over the place. (It's definitely my least favorite part of IVF and I wouldn't be able to work during the week before EC...) Usually there are a few days recovery post retrieval, but by 4-5 days after (around transfer), you're going to feel so much more like yourself. Plus, keeping busy during the TWW is so much better than sitting at home worrying about it!

I'm no good at an answer for what to tell clients. When I was working and doing IF treatments, I actually just told my clients that's what was up. But as a childbirth educator/birth doula, lady bits (though not usually mine...) were already a fairly regular topic in my world. :haha:

Mono that's amazing you can see little one happy and moving! You may be nervous but it must be a relief afterwards. Will you find the sex out or do you want a surprise?

Buny I know I won't be able to wait but I'm going to try. Since its a new clinic I don't know how long they make you wait but 14 days is ridiculous.

I know! I thought the norm was 14dpEC. Waiting 14dp transfer is just silly. They even wait that long for 5dt's! But if I get a BFP before then, they'll let me come in early. So may as well test.

Well so far I'm off starting day 5 of stims, which is when monitoring starts. I can always schedule myself for just a couple hours here or there. And then I don't want to come back right after transfer bc I stand on my feet all day, people come in sick etc, and I just want about 5 days to not have to worry about it. My clinic suggests 2 days of rest. It will be warmer by then and hopefully I can start some gardening plans. The downside is I won't get paid. But it will be worth it! A few of my long time clients know what's going on, but most don't, including my coworkers.

I wouldn't tell anybody either. Most people say to wait til 12 weeks of pregnancy to tell everyone so when you tell everyone before you're even prego it can be a lot of explaining should things not go the way you hope.

Also it's a real pain in the ass to tell/talk about it with people that just don't get it or have opinions on things they know nothing about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->