First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

I guess I'm in a slightly different mind frame about it. DH and I told everyone about our IF when it became obvious we were going to have to sell our house to pay for treatments. There really wasn't a way to hide it since we knew we'd be going overseas for treatment. We have a FB page chronicling our whole IVF process starting February last year when we decided to go for it and get our house ready to sell. It's been amazing having all our friends and family support us through this. Even found out that a several of my friends have gone through IF, some IVF as well, and they have been a wonderful comfort. It's not the same as being able to log onto BnB and talk to other women who are actually going through the process now, but having our friends and family there adds another layer of support we wouldn't have otherwise. Plus, we put up a donation link on our page and we've had folks, some of whom we don't even know, help us with some of our IVF expenses. It might not be for everyone, but being open about our experience has worked for us. And yeah, it was sad to have to tell everyone about the miscarriage, but they were there with us step by step through things not going well throughout the pregnancy, and when the baby didn't make it, well, I don't think I could have made it through the emotional fallout without my friends and family- several of whom had gone through similar pregnancies and losses, and who were able to share what helped them recover from the depression. I had PPD post-miscarriage as well as normal grief issues, so being able to call people at three in the morning balling my eyes out was a godsend.

Well ladies - looks like it worked!!!!!!!!!!

I attached a pic. It came up right away - within 30 seconds.

I've never posted a pic on here so let me know if you can't see it.

:happydance:

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 16
Ahhhh!!! Redbrick yay!!!! So excited! You just started a string of bfps on this lucky thread!!

Buny what I've found is that most people don't understand, they think they can relate bc it took them a few months to get pregnant, or they tell me I should relax or have sex at different times. They just don't get it. And it's ok. Like the saying "some people won't understand your journey, and that ok, it's not for them". I feel more in control when people don't know. I have a circle of friends and family that do (very small circle) and I've even lost some friends that showed they weren't true friends when it came to the deep meaningful stuff. I don't have time for the ones that just want to have lunch and gossip. So my circle has gotten small but real. After everything I tried that I was sure would work, it would've been horrible for me if the girls at work knew. I felt stronger if I could cry about it in private. It's different for everyone and I think it's great that you have a great support system. I've thought about coming out about it all when I have my babies and I'm on the other side of it. But for now I'm just going to be very sneaky lol

Well ladies - looks like it worked!!!!!!!!!!

I attached a pic. It came up right away - within 30 seconds.

I've never posted a pic on here so let me know if you can't see it.

:happydance:

Yayyyyyyyyyyy! That is so, so, so awesome!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: So many congratulations to you hunny!!!

Buny did you say when you plan on testing? Peachy when is your first scan?

Thanks ladies! It feels very surreal. Beta on Monday - I am going to enjoy the next few days and try not to worry about the numbers.

I just want you all to know that after the ET you will feel very sure that it has worked. Then you will wake up a week later and be sure it has failed. I would have bet 10 million dollars that AF was on it's way. All I can say is trust the science. DO NOT TEST TOO EARLY. I tested this morning because it is CD28 = 10dp5dt. Hold out as long as you can, and if it is negative keep testing.

I really don't have any symptoms. I am still bloated, but I am assuming that is from all of the drugs, my boobs feel normal and any cramps I have feel like AF cramps. I might be a little more tired and thirsty but that's it.

Thank you for all of your congratulations. It really means a lot. You ladies are the best:hugs:

lanet- That is so true! People definitely say the dumbest things once in a while. DH and I just try to look at it from the perspective of how would anyone know what to say? Infertility is kept so hush hush that non-IF people never have the chance to even learn about how it is for those struggling with TTC. Though some of the stupidity really hurt early on when I decided to come out about it, now it's like, just them trying to say something positive means a lot.

When we only ended up with one embryo this cycle, we asked our FB followers to light a candle for our little embryo and post it to our wall. It was just really nice to see several people out there cheering for us and our baby. Meant so, so much.

Also this cycle, another friend (who had never told me she went through 5 rounds of IVF) decided to PM me and share her story. It was absolutely heartbreaking, and culminated in her losing her husband when he was overseas serving in Iraq before they were ever able to conceive. Just awful. She just amazes me with how strong she is, and the fact that she is messaging everyday to check on me, it means so much! I can't even imagine how hard it is with all she's gone through. She and her bf are getting married next year and going straight into IVF again, so I really hope I can return the support.

As far as your DH goes, yeah, I get not wanting to take the money... but take the money!!! :haha: My DH wouldn't want to either.

Buny did you say when you plan on testing? Peachy when is your first scan?

I think I'm going to start testing either Sunday (6dp3dt) or Monday (7dp3dt). I've heard most ladies won't show positive until 8 or 9dp3dt, but I know I won't be able to wait that long.

Red- You are so lucky your boobs feel normal! They've got me on 200mg of Progesterone 3x a day, plus 1mg of estrogen 3x a day. Mine hurt sooooo bad. Ow ow ow ow owwww!

I had my first scan this morning. I have 10 measurable on my right (the good side) and 7 less than 10mm. On my left I have 4 measurable and 1 less than 10mm. My tentative retrieval date was Mon and she said she can still see me making that but sees no later than Tues. We will know more at my next scan Fri.and I'll let you know my e2 this afternoon when it comes back. Tomorrow night I start the Ganirelix and another 75 Follistim at night. I really hope I don't have to buy any more Follistim but I'm sure I will have to.

Red I'm so happy for you! And good to know about no sore boobs, mine are unbelievably sore just from the bcp! I'm excited to hear what you beta is:)
Buny that is soooo amazing! What wonderful support! Wow your test date is getting close! I can't wait to see how it goes and thinking positive thoughts for you! (Yes men and their pride lol, us women would do anything for a baby!)
Peachy that's sounds great! Is it similar to last time? How are you feeling? Did you start the ganirelix at the end of bcp?

I honestly can't remember what it was St this time last time. I start the Ganirelix tomorrow night and also a PM shot of 75 Follistim. She said it's pretty much to counteract the Ganirelix as it slows the growth but it's very in divulge of course. Did you get a discount on the Menopur? Do you know how much it is? The Ganirelix is pre - filled and I have 3 of them so that's nice

I feel alright my headache has subsided thank God. I am bloated though and can feel pains and twinges here and there.

And that nonsensical in divulge was supposed to say individual. Stupid autocorrect

I found a discount card for menapur but I'm not sure how much it helps. I'm afraid to ask how much it is but...how much was yours?
So I thought we are supposed to start Lupron or ganirelix (what are those called, antagonist?) right before ending bcp. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's not what I'm doing either. I'll know tomorrow!

I did last time when I was on the Lupron protocol . The Ganirelix is used to prevent ovulation also but used differently. Instead of starting it early and taking it forever you just use the Ganirelix a few times during stims.

Through my clinic I think I paid $69/vial but had to pay $100 program fee and I am using 2/day. Walgreens was $79 a vial. If I have any left over the clinic will buy them back though and you could never do that at the pharmacy. I am trying to be careful and only get exactly what I need on the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->