First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Miss you have been through hell and there's just no other way to say it. I hope getting your Rainbow baby brings you peace and happiness forever :hugs:

Peachy your picture is so cute, if this doesn't work I'm getting one of those!!! Lol. But no worries, this is going to work:)
I don't mind driving that early, I will just have a hard time exiting the bed. But at least I'll get a nap when I get home.
Yes I get my schedule this morning. We were filling out paperwork today and for some reason I cannot decide on the "what to do with embryos after woman reproductive window(age 50) or something like that. Discard or donate. Neither feels right yet.

We didn't get that question. Although I'm sure what you've already decided will apply. Like when you are done having children you wouldn't want to keep paying for them to be stored anyways. If that's even an issue. If you have frozen ones you could use them up and be done with it. Most women I know don't have 20 of them or anything you know?

Yes I'm aware most of these situations aren't even relevant, it still makes you think when you have to put it on paper.

Donating them for someone else to have a baby is a very unselfish thing to do its just not something I could do. To me it's like giving a baby up for adoption and I couldn't give my baby away. I saw on the news (you could probably Google and find it) that stayed in touch with the couple and even had a family photo together. Maybe it would be easier for me to donate just my eggs as then it would be someone else's child not mine and my husband's where we had their full biological siblings. I really don't know that's why I said before I am glad I am too old because I am too selfish. I do give all the credit in the world though to couples who can.

Also there was another gal who when I first started could only do ivf if she donated eggs to be able to afford it. She felt as if she had no choice and really didn't want to do it but did in the end anyways. On a happy note she ended up first time lucky and got a baby of her own and hoped her eggs would not thaw or ever be used.

My husband is all for donating. I just keep thinking off all kinds of scenarios. What if that baby grew up and fell in love with our baby?

Hi Ladies!

Red- Congratulations that is amazing so happy for you!

Peachy- Glad to hear things are going along.

Miss- So sorry for your loss. I would be a nightmare patient as well if I were you. I hope AF shows her face soon so you can get started it sucks being in limbo.

Bunny- FX'd for you I like you am really impatient and will try testing almost immediately but hubby hates it so I have to behave.

lanet- what is next step for you?

AFM- i went to my Doctor's yesterday morning and told him I was ready and am sick of waiting for an AF that may not show for months so he gave me a progesterone shot to induce my period and get things started. OUCH! I forgot how much those suckers hurt. and it was on the side I sleep on so every time I moved in bed it would wake me up :( Do you gals have any idea how long after the shot you should get some bleeding? Anyhow as soon as I have bleeding I will go in and he will start me on estrogen pills to thicken my lining and as we progress we should be able to set a date for transfer. I think last time it took about 10 days to get my lining to the thickness it needs so hopefully by the end of the month I should be PUPO.

Seoul- I had a PIO injection to bring on AF for my first IVF cycle and it was 4 days from injection to AF. I think my RE said 3-6 days is the norm. :shrug:

Seoul glad you're getting things moving. This time I have to do the progesterone in sesame oil shots and am nervous. Hopefully I have more cushion than you do :D

Lanet that scenario sounds like Lifetime movie : ). Jokes aside though I would be scared we would have a girl and see a little girl that looked identical so I would always wonder and if I knew I would want her back. You know hubby may feel differently when he looks into the eyes of your little one. They to relax today and enjoy your ride. Don't forget to ask why they decided to use the Ganirelix protocol instead of Lupron. I still have to ask myself but only see nurses now til retrieval.

Good Morning Ladies,

Miss - welcome and we are so happy to have you. My heart really goes out to you, my eyes welled up reading your story. We will keep you company the entire time and you are allowed to be as crazy as you want next time. It is well warranted !:hugs:

Lanet - I'm pumped for you to start your cycle!

Peachy - keep us updated on your stats and I love your picture

Buny - how are you holding up? what day is test day again?

Seoul - I hope your cycle starts soon fx.

Red do you get to go in sooner? Can't wait to hear your beta. I am nervous because I think I may be getting sick. Will they still do it if you're sick?

I'm leaving for a ladies weekend today and won't be back in town until Sunday night, so will wait until Monday am for Beta. I tested again today (my husband asked why...lol - such a man lol) and the test today was darker, so that enough to keep me sane for the weekend.

Peachy - I don't know if being sick changes anything? I would say no. Try to get a ton of sleep and fight it off.

Darker is fabulous!! Enjoy your weekend and relax. God knows you deserve/need it!!

Donating them for someone else to have a baby is a very unselfish thing to do its just not something I could do. To me it's like giving a baby up for adoption and I couldn't give my baby away. I saw on the news (you could probably Google and find it) that stayed in touch with the couple and even had a family photo together. Maybe it would be easier for me to donate just my eggs as then it would be someone else's child not mine and my husband's where we had their full biological siblings. I really don't know that's why I said before I am glad I am too old because I am too selfish. I do give all the credit in the world though to couples who can.

My husband is all for donating. I just keep thinking off all kinds of scenarios. What if that baby grew up and fell in love with our baby?

I donated half of my eggs with my last IVF cycle, I was happy to do it. Its like providing the missing ingredient for a couple who want a baby but with out an egg could not. If I didn't have eggs I would be looking for donor eggs too.

I got 15 eggs and donated 8 kept 7 for myself. There are things in place so that they will never meet, not in the same region and such you are also allowed to know the date of birth and the sex of a baby born from your donation. As long as your open with children that you have donated eggs then there is nothing to worry about :). Anyway it would be no different to men that go around making multiple women pregnant without a second thought.

This cycle I want to freeze embryos for ourselves to use in the future a FET sounds so much more relaxed than a full IVF round but I'll be donating again once I've done having children or if we have no more frosties and want another baby I will share my eggs again.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I could make someone elses dreams come true without even meeting them <3

Miss I look at it like adoption not eggs/embryos and I think what you're doing is very admirable but what happens if they want to meet you or in Lanet case it would be both biological parents? Is there like a registry? I was watching an MTV reality show about a bunch of kids trying to find their sperm donor and all of their siblings. It's absolutely fascinating!

Lanet can you tell me that other program besides First Steps? I'd like to share it with another gal but my memory is shorter than my little toe!

Once they are 18 they can contact the HFEA who regulate it all here and get your name and address. When you donate you can write a letter so any potential child, some people are happy just knowing that their egg was donate for a good cause and that's the end of it, I wrote a letter explaining why I had done it and that when they are 18 my door is always open, if they need answers I am happy to give it to me.

Its so much more regulated than sperm donation.

I don't think I would donate embryos, then I think it would feel like my child and I think that will make it harder to do.

Wow that's amazing! I agree about the embryos because I'd have their full biological sibling sitting there. My sister was adopted from Korea and even though she's gone there there's no hope of finding her parents but she doesn't mind as she doesn't feel like she could identify with them but I know others that feel differently and had a hard time with it all. Although with donation could they use them anytime forever? Even if you aren't around anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->