First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Hi ladies...

Been following along the past couple days but didn't have much to update. Was dealing with the post ER bloat...which is soo much better can finally fit in my pants.

Today is day-5 for our embies and the embryologist called...i was so nervous waiting for her call today but I am soo relieved..

We have 9 embies to freeze (!!!!) she said 4 our AA, 1 is AB and 4 are compacted which she said is the blastocyst stage.

I'm sooo thankful...

Wow that's amazing! I agree about the embryos because I'd have their full biological sibling sitting there. My sister was adopted from Korea and even though she's gone there there's no hope of finding her parents but she doesn't mind as she doesn't feel like she could identify with them but I know others that feel differently and had a hard time with it all. Although with donation could they use them anytime forever? Even if you aren't around anymore?

The 8 Eggs I donated will be treated as if they can from the women herself so if she has some frosties they are hers to use if/when she wants to, but any children born at anytime I have the legal right to find out about (DOB & Sex)

Hi ladies...

Been following along the past couple days but didn't have much to update. Was dealing with the post ER bloat...which is soo much better can finally fit in my pants.

Today is day-5 for our embies and the embryologist called...i was so nervous waiting for her call today but I am soo relieved..

We have 9 embies to freeze (!!!!) she said 4 our AA, 1 is AB and 4 are compacted which she said is the blastocyst stage.

I'm sooo thankful...

Congratulations!!, That's fantastic!!! So please for you.

Miss I would have an easier time donating eggs than embryos, and the paper we are having to fill out is about embryos as they will fertilize all of my eggs. My paperwork says it is full anonymity and they would never have access to anything more than our medical/genetic history. And that we would have no rights to find out anything. I'm not even sure I would want to know anyway. I told my husband I'll just keep going back until I've given birth to all of them;)it changes things when they are fertilized. I know a few girls that can never have their own baby and sometimes I think it would be easier to donate to them so I would know that they are taken care of. But then I think id want that baby.
So much to think about!
Breaking are you freezing all of them and doing a fet? It sounds like you have a great bunch of embies!!
Red enjoy your weekend away!
Seoul maybe we will be in the 2ww together.
I'm getting ready to make the long trip to the RE for bloodwork, trial transfer, SIS, and to finally have my list of questions answered. One usvtgat I suffer terribly from allergies all year and have to take an antihistamine. I wonder if that's ok?
Peachy I'll try to get info about the ganirelix!

Its so different in different countries, the law was only recently changed here in England so the child can legally find biological parents.

x

Sneaking in if that's ok! I've been chatting briefly with Peachy about saving money on meds and she let me know it sounds like we'll be on a similar schedule lanet. Started bcp/antibiotic last night. RN appt/saline sono/trial transfer is next week, stims start to set third week in March, and God willing ER will be end of the month/beginning of April (we'll be doing ICSI and 5 day transfers). I am both excited and terrified at the same time.

This will be our first attempt at IVF. I've been stalking this thread following all of your stories and find myself saying prayers for you all daily......wishing everyone so much luck....

Messica hello and I'm glad to have someone close to my schedule!
And that reminds me peachy asked about the other discount med program, it's compassionate care

Are programs like that something you apply for through your clinic? Or do you google them up and do them on your own?

To come up with the funds to pay for the bulk of a cycle only to be confronted with meds costing a span for $2-4,000 is daunting.

I do think I'll likely respond well because I did on just clomid and femara and I think that's half the battle? But still, every penny counts right now!

Hi Breaking - congratulations on your embies..that is a fantastic number!!!

Red - go ahead, have fun and relax you deserve it!

Peachy - like you I am very selfish, and my husband spoils me when we were filling out the forms for IVF, We chose that I have the discretion regarding the disposition of frozen embies if he die, but if I die, I want it to be destroyed.

Miss- How are you doing? I admire your genuine intent to help other people. Laws does varies in different countries, Heck, laws varies in the United States in every states. CA is the same with MO, complete anonymity in egg donation. I have the same fear like Lanet, I truly could not strike out the possibility of another sibling meeting and falling in love with each other, after all...its a truly small world. I was born and raised in the Philippines 7, 000+ miles away and sometimes I would meet people from high school randomly in the United States... I think the farthest was meeting a childhood neighbor when I went to visit another unrelated friend in Birmingham, UK.:)

Sending you hugs and baby dust!

Bunny- I can't wait for you to test. I am getting excited for you too. I am praying for us in this thread to have a streak of BFP's...

AFM - I am officially 13 weeks today, my clothes are starting to get snug. I need to buy new pants.

Messica - those are programs that usually your RE clinic will offer but if they don't,..I'm pretty sure you can still go online and apply since it is sponsored by the drug manufacturer itself not by any government grants or RE clinics. The one I have used before was Serono Compassionate Care.

Also, its totally up to you, there are some threads here where you can buy some left over IVF medications. There are programs like what Peachy has that the RE clinic buy back their left overs. FDA however, does not allow return of medications because then the pharmacy could not guarantee the drug anymore. As long as you trust the person you are buying it from and you can see also if its sealed(most of them are individually wrapped even the progesterone suppositories).

Thanks so much everyone!

Yes we are freezing all of them and then will do a FET.

I am waiting for AF...not sure when she will come bc this was my retrieval cycle. So normally O on cd14 with 28 day cycle.
I had retrieval on CD17...so maybe af will be a few days later.

So do you have idea of when transfer will be?

Hi Breaking - congratulations on your embies..that is a fantastic number!!!

Red - go ahead, have fun and relax you deserve it!

Peachy - like you I am very selfish, and my husband spoils me when we were filling out the forms for IVF, We chose that I have the discretion regarding the disposition of frozen embies if he die, but if I die, I want it to be destroyed.

Miss- How are you doing? I admire your genuine intent to help other people. Laws does varies in different countries, Heck, laws varies in the United States in every states. CA is the same with MO, complete anonymity in egg donation. I have the same fear like Lanet, I truly could not strike out the possibility of another sibling meeting and falling in love with each other, after all...its a truly small world. I was born and raised in the Philippines 7, 000+ miles away and sometimes I would meet people from high school randomly in the United States... I think the farthest was meeting a childhood neighbor when I went to visit another unrelated friend in Birmingham, UK.:)

Sending you hugs and baby dust!

Bunny- I can't wait for you to test. I am getting excited for you too. I am praying for us in this thread to have a streak of BFP's...

AFM - I am officially 13 weeks today, my clothes are starting to get snug. I need to buy new pants.

It would be a risk doing it completely anonymously. It must make it really hard for women needing eggs to get donations and getting them quickly.

I live just 45mins drive away from Birmingham, I'm in Nottingham.

Also when I started to get a bump when I was pregnant with Leo I did the bobble trick, keep your pants unbuttoned and loop a hair tie through the hole and around the button, it got me about 3 weeks extra in my trousers didn't have to buy maternity until 16 weeks!.

Messica the programs are not through my clinic, although my clinic told me about them. It's just a program that you apply online, and they work with different pharmacies, such as walgreens.
Mono exciting that you need new pants! I can't wait to be at that point. I'm afraid I'll need new pants before my transfer even gets here;) haha.
Messica do you know which meds you will be using? First steps is for follitism and compassionate care for gonal f. My dr seems to think I will respond well too, but I guess we will see.

Miss and mono on the pants situation, this didn't exist when I was pregnant 11 years ago, but this time I want one of those belly bands that allow you to unbutton your pants and the band holds them up.

I was planning on buying one so I didn't have to wear maternity jeans all the time just before I went into labor they do look good.

My big butt held mine up ok for those three weeks :haha:

Hello Messica glad you made it over! My sister saw a Robin so it's all up hill with this atrocious weather!

Mono Yay for 13 weeks! Are you feeling more relaxed/confidant? That's exactly what we did on our papers :winkwink:

Lanet on the first steps one you'll also get the discount on your Ganirelix. Make sure you let us know how it went on the way home.

We decided I get the embies if we get divorced or if something happens to hubby. I still have the blank line on the question of what happens when I'm 50. I think bc I don't see the other scenarios happening at all, but I am going to turn 50 one day (far far far away) lol, so it's more real. I would think the embies would be too old by then anyway.
Peachy we have sunshine and 40s today, near 60s next week for spring break. I'm sooo ready to be out from under this snow!

Lanet bragging about the weather is not nice :) we are getting to low 40's on Monday I think. We deserve a break.

Messica since you are doing your monitoring at home will your insurance cover it? Some people have been lucky with that and I really hope you are one of them that would be a huge help.

I have already bought like 8 new skirts for spring which are 95%rayon 5%spandex so I should stay comfy for along while. Can't wait to have to worry about maternity gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->