First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Well that sucks but women with less take home babies. Ivf is crazy and you just never know. Did they tell you the ones you have look good? At least yours talk to you about your embies I am jealous about that : )

Well that sucks but women with less take home babies. Ivf is crazy and you just never know. Did they tell you the ones you have look good? At least yours talk to you about your embies I am jealous about that : )

They said they look good. I was surprised all five they retrieved were mature and was hoping they would all fertilize. But Dr said it's normally about 70% of them fertilize so I was ok. My heart sank when I saw the number pop up on my phone, I was so scared to answer. Have you heard anything about yours??

Unfortunately this ridiculous clinic tells me absolutely nothing until transfer which is on Saturday for me. My last cycle 100% fertilized but 1 was abnormal. This cycle has been completely different in every way. I only stimmed for 8 days and that worries me. What doses did you end up at the end?

Unfortunately this ridiculous clinic tells me absolutely nothing until transfer which is on Saturday for me. My last cycle 100% fertilized but 1 was abnormal. This cycle has been completely different in every way. I only stimmed for 8 days and that worries me. What doses did you end up at the end?

All but one day I was on 150 Menopur and 225 GonalF. I only produced one follicle on my right side and on Monday it was 22.5mm and I had 6 on my left that measured 21,19,16,12,10,10mm and estradiol that day was 1353 and lining was 6.5. How many of yours were mature? How many days after retrieval were you sore?? I am cramping pretty bad today, I should have called into work and stayed home to rest :( I will be taking a pain pill when I get home and will be calling in tomorrow.

Oh I see what you were saying peachy. I was like damn 2%!!
Amanda what was your amh, do you remember?
I'm really getting to see all the ways this could play out since you guys went first. At least I'll be prepared!

Hi ladies! SOrry I have been MIA :( Alot has happened, I ended up doing 11 days of stims and on Monday I triggered. While on the phone with the nurse that was telling me what to do, after that was done she proceeds to tell me that we will have to freeze all eggs!! I was absolutely devastated to say the least. She said that my progesterone had risen and was out of sync with my uterus lining. I only had 7 follicles!! So we went for ER on yesterday morning and got 5 eggs. The embryologist called this morning and 3 fertilized! SO now we are hoping and praying that all three make it to day 3 for the freeze. We will be doing a FET next cycle.

I will do some catching up on you all.

I know it's disappointing to have to wait but some REs prefer FET over fresh as your body is not fighting the stim meds in order to create a stable environment.

At my clinic we go in know that FET is the plan and if you do a fresh it's bc your embies will not survive freezing and have to transfer on day 3.

Just wanted to share bc in all the reading I've done many clinics feel this...just google fresh VS fet.

I had 20 measurable follicles and only got 9 eggs. I don't know how many were mature/fertilized nothing. Follicles aren't usually empty the eggs don't release from them for one reason or another and I think they fried mine : ). I was sore and I worked on my feet for 10 hours yesterday and had more spotting/pain all night. I also now have the string hanging all the way down (from my stitch)and this is tmi but i have had mucous tinged with blood as well. This time really hasn't been easy and they told me i did too much and have to take it easy. I am worried about transfer with all this going on. You will find that fet is a breeze and your body isn't screaming and miserable.

Lanet you won't be like us. You'll have a story all your own we'll be discussing trying to figure out. That's why I have a hard time with "statistics" as everyone is so in individual : ) Hopefully you'll be going thank God that didn't happen to me! : )

Lol, very true, and I'm so very bored waiting to get mine started....

You're almost there it's already the 14th. Besides you'll have to deal with all my crazy during my 2ww and by the time that's over you'll be close to retrieval then I can help to keep you sane : )

Sounds good to me! How early did you get your meds?

Will check in with you lovely ladies tomorrow after my consult.

Peachy- I'm sorry for rambling off statistics. For me, knowing as much as I can about the science and math behind IVF just really helps me to deal with things- gives me some distance in many ways and helps me to feel like I'm prepared for when things don't go right. I've been a book-wormy nerd my whole life- studying and researching brings me a kind of deep peace. I know that's not the same way that everyone deals with the stress of all this. <3 <3 <3 Please no hard feelings, hun! It's just my way of coping.

Tulip I hope you are feeling better and getting excited about plans with hubby. My history teacher finally gave up on ivf and ttc and they adopted a baby (David) and 4 months later she was pregnant with another son. I can't begin to imagine the stress and craziness we put on ourselves really messes up our bodies. .

Thanks, Peachy! I am feeling much better - getting back to normal life. I still have a 10-vial box of Menopur from the UK that I have left over from my IUIs with my regular OB/GYN. Maybe I should go back to him and go through those before I give up completely.

Buny - that is great news about the job, NYC, and the insurance benefits! I am very excited for you!

Lanet I think it was a few days before. Give yourself a bit so you don't feel so overwhelmed.

Buny there is no need to apologize to me at all. If you send me a story that says a Robin is blue I can send you one that says a Robin is red that's all I was saying. I like you have read and read and read and sometimes I wish I hadn't. For every time I've read one thing I've read another that contradicts it and because of it I question and second guess every little thing especially for doing 2 cycles now that have hardly anything in common. Every RE is going to have their way to do things and you have to find a way to trust that their doing the right thing even though someone else's is against that way. Know what I mean? I just pray we all find the one that knows what's best for each of us : ). I'm sorry if you thought I was arguing. I thought we were just expressing opinions. I believe it doesn't matter if you're a pissy pessimist through your whole cycle that if it's going to work its going work however I think being positive makes it easier to get through : ). So did hubby accept the job ?

He did! He told them he definitely wants the position and can start May 12. The HR person is now waiting on CEO contract approval. Hopefully, things will be signed early next week. FX'd! I will definitely let you know how it goes! I am so incredibly excited right now.

I think I also research so much because my clinic asks me choose if I want to do 3d or 5d, they let me choose what procedures I want, how I want cultivation to be done, etc, because everything is piecemeal pay for what you want- so it's my job to figure out if I think different things are worth the extra cost. At the end of the day, I'm responsible for a large chunk of my treatment plan. The more I know, the more at peace i am with the decisions DH and I make.

They don't have many hard and fast rules at my clinic- they ask me what I want and then, if they think it sounds reasonable, they do it that way. Even when I ask their opinions they generally say it's just up to us what we'd personally like! My very first cycle they called us on day 3 and told us the status of each of our embryos, then asked if we'd like to do a 3dt or 5dt! I asked which they would suggest and they said it was up to me- since there is no way to guarantee blastocysts, I have to tell them an attempt at 5d is what I want.

In some ways, I really like it because it allows me to be more in control with my treatment, but in other ways it makes some of the decisions harder. The only thing I don't have any control over are my meds- and that's something I almost wish I could have some say in. I feel like now that I've lost all this weight, my dose needs to be lowered so I can stim slower. 17 of my 25 follicles were empty this time. Really bizarre! Last time, all 18 follicles had mature eggs in them. :shrug: RE says it was just luck. Let's see if she still says the same thing tomorrow!

Buny I swear when I say this to you I mean absolutely no disrespect whatsoever but no amount of Internet or research makes up for experience or a medical degree. No wonder you feel like you do hon. With all the other stuff you have gone through I can't imagine trying to figure out my own treatment plan as well. I fully understand that patients want to keep costs down when paying oop but what's the point if not doing everything possible to ensure success? Like why ask me if I want assisted hatching? It should just be done if the embryologist thinks it's necessary right? I don't know I feel for you I really do and I am so happy for you that you get to come back and consult someone in the states and it's not based on affordability and you don't have to worry about costs. When you come home make sure you bring with you every paper on every single thing you have ever done there. Maybe even start researching RE's that you can choose from in that area. I am so glad you'll have a space of your own and settle down without worrying about visas and plane tickets. You are incredibly strong and deserve some peaceful easy times ahead.

And tell your RE tomorrow that you consulted another one that says it's not luck but protocol and see what she says. Im hoping mine says he knew we wouldnt get as many but hoped for a few better quality ones.Also ask her about any negative effects on stimming back to back cycles. You know enough don't let her think she's getting away with anything.

Buny I agree with peachy. I want an RE that tells me what's best. I'm in no position to make those decisions, nor should I be. I can't imagine that stress. I want to trust my RE with that. Also, my clinic here does fet for $2000. Full cycle for $7800. So like peachy says, what's the point of paying a little less if you're not optimizing your chances. I think it's a whole lot of sacrifice and stress and maybe not worth it. I too am so glad you can come back here and settle down, I imagine a huge chunk of stess will come off of you.
I like reading stats to keep me occupied but I take them with a grain of salt (unless it's in my favor and then it's TOTALLY true!) lol. I do know I feel weirdly more relaxed about all of this than I usually would.

$2000 for fet is cheap! I really do hope I have 2 that they are able to freeze. Of course if success comes this round I don't know how likely I am to do it again. While fets are included in my program after success you have to pay for everything again.

Well my clinic is at Kansas university so it's a teaching hospital. So good price but you have to allow 2-3 students to observe everything. Which I'm fine with. And you can say no. But how else are they going to learn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->