First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Which one are you in Amanda?

In a couple, IVF Buddies, IVF, ICSI, IUI and fertility problems,Infertility/TTC/Need*Donate/SELLING Injections and some Tubal reversal groups.

you can add me if you want, although I don't post anything TTC on my personal page ;)

[email protected]

I don't either, that's why I like this one bc it's closed. Are those closed?

I just read the updated scores for my clinic, male factor pregnancy rate is 63%, and live birth rate 59%. Twin rate 60%. Sounds good to me!

Hi Ladies,

I must admit I've been 'cyber-stalking' you guys... :wacko:
...and I've grown so attached to your journeys that I have registered for my first-ever forum in the hope that you will let me join you all. :blush: You all are so supportive of each other and it touches me.

I am currently on Gonal-F (I started on the 12th) and have just had it increased to 375 from 300. This is my first ever IVF cycle and I think we're actually going to need ICSI. Though I'm from the US, I am living in London and have been here a little over 4 years. (Now, navigating the NHS and fertility treatment!) My OH is British and I moved here to be with him.

I hope it's ok to hang out with you all (in the open) for the rest of my cycle. :flower:

Kay welcome! How exciting to be cycling and does NHS pay for it? I've chatted with gals from the UK and have heard mixed reviews on that program but free would be amazing! How many days are you looking at stimming for?

Red you are naughty : )

Messica it's absolutely normal for an injection site to have a bit of a reaction. As long as it's not terrible or you don't develop some crazy rash or hives you should be just fine. My Ganirelix injection got red and burned/itched for a while after injection but would eventually go away. Just make sure to use a different location each time.

Kay welcome! How exciting to be cycling and does NHS pay for it? I've chatted with gals from the UK and have heard mixed reviews on that program but free would be amazing! How many days are you looking at stimming for?

Thanks Peachy!! This cycle is free, fortunately. And that part IS amazing. However, we have had a long road to get funding from the NHS - there are MANY hurdles. (One being getting my BMI under 30 with PCOS - tough.) We've been TTC since Nov 2010. The current state of the NHS is that it is a "post-code lottery" as they call it in the media. Depending on where you live you get 0-3 funded cycles. The NICE guidelines recommend 3 but many areas (county size) will offer none or just one, like where I live. Despite the guidelines, virtually none offer the advised three.

My scan for today was cancelled and I was told to come back Monday, I had three small follicles Wednesday before the Gonal-F was increased. So, I think I'll know more Monday about how long they expect to to keep stimming for.

BTW, I saw your test, and I agree with the others. I can see the line. A faint line is still a line. :happydance:

Hmm.. and you started stimming on the 12th? Did they start you really low at first because of the pcos? I know this won't happen but if a cycle were canceled do you get another one for free?

( I am going to ignore the "a line is a line comment" : ) )

And just because I am nosy what state are you from and how come you guys live there instead of here? Do you really love it there or do you just love him so much so stay there ?

Ok, ignore it. ;-)

I'm not sure why they chose to start at 300, but the PCOS wasn't referenced - at least not out loud. No current cysts on the ovaries. I will say that there is far less information given to me as a patient than I'd expect at home. I suppose you get what you pay for...

If it gets cancelled, we either lose the funding or have to pay a £600 cancellation fee. Of course, we'd pay the fee! Because another cycle would cost over £5,000 However, if we were unable or unwilling, it would end there.

Hi Kay and welcome!
Peachy, you're in denial;)

And just because I am nosy what state are you from and how come you guys live there instead of here? Do you really love it there or do you just love him so much so stay there ?

Nose away, I've been nosy too with my stalking. Home is DC Metro Area. No, I do not love it here, but I do love him so I stay. His work keeps him here (he was visiting the US when I met him) and keeps us from being homeless. I am hopeful for an opportunity to move to the US in a few years. Fingers tightly crossed and eyes wide open for a suitable position!

I like those stories. I used to read butt loads of historical romance books and thought places like Hyde Park sounded lovely. However now when I travel I prefer the beach. My daughter is 17 and is headed to France and Spain in June so I will visit through her : ). I will be a nervous wreck that whole 3 weeks. If I were you I would make sure then that my cycle is going perfectly or pay the fee and start again. Easier said than done I know..

Lanet is that a river in Egypt? : )

I really like the beach too! And the sun, which is mainly absent here!! It is crazy, I rarely go to Hyde Park but don't live that far from it, but that is always the way. I never went to the monuments in DC either... I should make more of an effort.

She will have a great time seeing the world, don't worry too much, she'll be quite alright. Europe is surprisingly "super-safe" compared to the US. That is a nice, long trip for her. She won't be rushed and will have lots of time to enjoy the experience.

I'm taking it one day/appointment at a time. I think I'd regret cancelling the cycle if it weren't advised, and it went worse the next time. If at any point they suggest or hint at cancellation, I think I'd certainly go that route. I am trying to stick to the quality over quantity mentality, but it's all as you say 'easier said than done'.

Kay did they say how long they expect you to stim?
I love the beach too! We were going to have to skip vacation this year bc of paying for ivf, but then when my sister planned her wedding there it was a perfect reason to have to go! I signed up a for a credit card that give 40,000 points if you spent so much in 3 months. So putting ivf on that, turning around and paying it off, and then using those points which equal $500 in hotel rooms. So I basically get a free room! Plus I'm doing wedding hair, so the trip is a tax write off.
My meds should arrive today!

And peachy I didn't know you had a dd that age!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->