First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Also I just have to say that we were crazy busy last night as I thought we would be and had a lot people from Wisconsin in town for the game and they suck. Rude drunks that are terrible tippers. I figure you're ok with that assessment being from MO. : )

That last one looks dark on the bottom and then broken up. Is it a solid line? Do you know how fast your trigger leaves? Mine always left really early but could it be that at first it was still some trigger and then it faded and now it's bfp? Idk. I don't know what to make of those lines! I'm anxious for your beta.

Haha! That sucks for you at work though, those kind of people are really annoying. They should at least be drunk enough to over tip!

I was thinking of taking my dd to see it too! We both really want to see it. Surely a Sunday matinee wouldn't be too crowded. Do you live in a big town with lots of theaters?

Those lines are bad. Trust me when I say that when you get your good positive it gets darker fast. Last time I did this every morning the increase was very obvious and by now the line was about as dark if not the same as the control line. I know low betas work out on occasion but I am honest with myself and know that is certainly an exception and the vast majority of the time does not turn out well. Your body gets rid of about 1000 units a day depending on mass so average is about 10 days but mine goes quicker than that. This definitely looks like a chemical but I think it's good that at least 1 at least tried. It's a good sign.

In real life is the last test a broken line?
My trigger was always gone in 6-7 days.
What do they consider a good beta at 14dpo?

I figured it could be because it's opening weekend and people could be thinking about going early to avoid the crowd like me : ). There are 2 within about 10 miles of me but the suburbs are overly populated with kids : )

I don't want to give you false hope so don't read if you'd rather not. But some of these betas were under 100 at 8dp5dt, so they would've been really low a day or 2 before.
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/5919157/did-anyone-have-first-beta-8dp5dt

In real life? Lmfao I really laughed out loud at that. Not sure why it was even so funny. In person (haha) it's not broken just really faint like the others. Like I said though this was the first time I used actual fmu it was probably 5-6 hours since I had gone and usually it had been about 2 because I always have to go.

They like to see it at or above 100 at my clinic. Last time it was 183 or 187 at 9dp6dt. Because of my ectopics I have been in beta hell for way too long. Don't wish that on anyone. Best to be realistic.

Well you are def teaching me a lesson about not testing early! I don't like being in limbo! Maybe I'll wait until 9 or 10 dpt. but probably not...

Lanet - I agree. I think I'll try to wait as long as I can when it is my time to test. (I stress, "try".) Also, that is madness regarding the increased price for HAVING insurance.

Peachy - Scheduled pity parties are always good if you need them!! I'll stand silently in the corner, like a wallflower at a dance. I do want to thank you, really truly. Since we're all at the same 'IVF amusement park' about to ride the rollercoaster (or some that are at the same time as you), it seriously helps while waiting in the line to know what's coming up! So, thanks for bravely sharing - the ups, downs, and twists.

Buny - what you've described sounds so unprofessional that it seems downright dangerous. Be sure to take care of yourself and don't take unnecessary risks. It is extremely promising that you have good financial news and have made the decision to return to the US! Good luck and be careful.

Peachy are you going to keep testing or just wait for beta now?

I think those sticks get the best of most ladies : ). I think each step is a killer. When it's over and you look back at it the number of follicles doesn't mean anything unless you get eggs from them. Then the number of eggs doesn't mean anything unless they fertilize and become embryos then the number of embryos doesn't matter as long as one sticks then it doesn't matter if it sticks unless you get sticks that get darker then the sticks don't matter unless there's a good beta then the betas don't matter unless there is a heartbeat. Geesh I hope I didn't just make you as crazy as I am! All I'm saying is that there's a new stressor at every fork in the road. So now after being through it (in my opinion too many times : ) ) I just have to take it for what it is and find peace if that makes any sense. In all honesty I would rather have the stick be stark white than in beta hell and reading stories on low and slow rising betas usually don't turn out well even weeks later. It's usually an indication something is wrong or quality has been compromised from way late implantation. However I do still find great inspiration on those that beat the odds. Even look at Mono who had a low beta and has made it past with scary point with her perfect little bean. I do believe in the "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" . I now am off to do my shopping or my lazy ass will sit here all day chatting and looking at these coupons that will never get clipped. Eventually hubby will come nagging : ). Have a great a.m. hon I will check back later. Take her and go see the movie then you can let me know if it was worth it : )

I think those sticks get the best of most ladies : ). I think each step is a killer. When it's over and you look back at it the number of follicles doesn't mean anything unless you get eggs from them. Then the number of eggs doesn't mean anything unless they fertilize and become embryos then the number of embryos doesn't matter as long as one sticks then it doesn't matter if it sticks unless you get sticks that get darker then the sticks don't matter unless there's a good beta then the betas don't matter unless there is a heartbeat. Geesh I hope I didn't just make you as crazy as I am! All I'm saying is that there's a new stressor at every fork in the road.

Nope, not a chance of making me crazy, I've been crazy a very long time. :haha:

I see exactly the same hurdles at every stage (and even possible MC beyond the heartbeat and SIDS when they're born...), and I have braced myself (by being cautiously optimistic, and brutally honest with myself.)

I actually grow weary of explaining to people [the few that know] that this really isn't a done deal - far from it! My aunt actually told me that she thought that IVF was just about 100% and one of my good friends (who conceived the first month of trying) was virtually making baby shower plans as soon as she heard that we'd started.

I protect myself from disappointment by having very low expectations - prepare for the worst and (hope but not too hard) for the best.

Even with all that said, I am STILL waiting in line for the roller coaster because my greatest desire in life is to be a mother. :blush:

I appreciate you telling it how it is. Thanks. :flower: :hugs:

(It actually reminds me of the "Best Friend's Guide to IVF" - I tried to copy a link but I'm too new a member to include a web link. Google pops it right up though.)

--> I'm allowed to post links now, so here it is: https://mommyinwaiting.wordpress.com/best-friends-guide-to-ivf/

Kay I think you're going to do fabulously. When we all finish our journeys we should compile our stories into a single book so women going through this have something to relate to other google. I can't stand when I Google and go through other forums and then it stops so I never how the story ended. That's why I tell everything so maybe even years from now when someone Googles "faint hpt at 8dp5dt" and this forum comes up they will have my answer even if it's not what they wanted to hear. I always wonder. Does that make any sense.

Lanet I really don't know. I guess I will see how I feel in the morning and go from there. It would be the last anyways as beta is Tues morning. I went to my girlfriends and it was the perfect place to be because it made me want to down a whole pack of bcp's lmao. While driving to her house there is a small child streaking down the sidewalk in pajamas and boots ( no coat and it's not 20 degrees out) it kind of looked like her kid so I looked at my son and said hey that looked like Kellys kid so I called her and she's yelling for her and turns out she's not there so I turn around and by the time I get to her she's about 5 blocks away and gets right in my car (she's 3 and I haven't seen her in 6 mos). I was like Umm if I hadn't been coming when would you have noticed she was missing and how far would she have gotten?? It was crazy. Then she's all over me sitting on my lap and turns around with her hand in my face and says "look I got a booger"! Lmfao I didn't know if I should laugh or cry! My god child was just whiny and ridiculously crabby and wanted very little to do with me after I'm sure too much sugar and all the excitement of her party. So glad to be home! I told my hubby if our child(ren) end up like that he will be a single father lmao!

Tomorrow I FINALLY take my last bcp. I've been taking them around 6pm. Do you think it's ok to take the last one early and get it over with? When should expect af?

Peachy we must've been typing at the same time. Omg that kid could've gotten hurt! I see some kids at work that make me want to pull my hair out lol, but MY kid would never be like that ;)

Yay for the last one! And I think you should take the last one at the same time so you did everything right and never have to think about it again. Time really does fly doesn't it?

Well it seems like this part took awhile. My boobs never let up and are still extremely painful. I was on the pill for 5 weeks! I'm just so ready to get this part over with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->