First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

lanet- Yey for your last day on bcp now the real fun begins :)

Peachy- Definitely understand everything you are saying. This is a crappy roller coaster to be on but at least we have a bit of hope. Tell me what is this warranty program you are on how does it work? sorry if you have already answered this previously.

Buny- I agree with some of the other gals on here I know we just want to keep trying and trying if possible but those 8000 bucks may help you do two cycles in the US at a clinic that may make you more comfortable.

I think that having a clinic you trust and that keeps you updated is key to having a more successful cycle because stress levels affect things no matter what people say. If you know what is going on even if it isn't the best news at least you know what to hope and pray for in each step.

I am starting to get antsy about the transfer it is bad that I am already planning on when I will test. I really should just wait until OTD. Question for those girls who have been on the gross progesterone suppositories can you still have sex while on them? I should know but I actually avoided sex all together on my last FET since one of my doctors once suggested that semen can sometimes have abortive effects. It is very rare but can be one of the reasons for recurrent miscarriages like I have a history for.

Hope you all have a great week :)

Kay I think you're going to do fabulously. When we all finish our journeys we should compile our stories into a single book so women going through this have something to relate to other google. I can't stand when I Google and go through other forums and then it stops so I never how the story ended. That's why I tell everything so maybe even years from now when someone Googles "faint hpt at 8dp5dt" and this forum comes up they will have my answer even if it's not what they wanted to hear. I always wonder. Does that make any sense.

Thanks Peachy!! I really hope so.

It makes total sense and is a great idea! A consolidated resource would be so amazing - almost like a 'what to expect' for IVF! All of these things we're navigating are so complicated and confusing, and while everyone is different I think a good comprehensive guide with actual doctor/patient insights & experience would be SO valuable!!! An instant bestseller, I am more than sure.

I've checked these two books out from the library (didn't want to buy them - just principle), but I think we could do better! They're both from British writers/patients. Unfortunately, the perspectives did not resonate with me and I think in true British fashion they hold back and are more restrained. More importantly, it fell a bit short of answering the types of questions that I still need to Google throughout the process.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Complete-Guide-Ivf-fertility/dp/0749952490

https://www.amazon.co.uk/IVF-Emotio...60112&sr=1-1&keywords=emotional+companion+ivf

(I think I've passed the link hurdle now.)

Lanet, Yay for you!!! On to the next step! :thumbup:

My news: My three puny follicles are now 11 and getting bigger! I'll stay on stims until Wednesday (another u/s and blood test in the morning) and am looking at collection on Friday. As I saw on another board, it is very EGG-CITING!! So cheesy, but cracked me up. :winkwink:

Seoul of course your antsy because it's exciting! As for sex both clinics have told me to at least abstain until 1st u/s then go from there so I don't know that the suppositories would make a difference. I did a warranty program so I paid $24,000 (not including meds) for 3 fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles ( if I have frozen). If at the end I don't have a baby with 30 days of life I get $18,500 back.

Kay yay! What a great number soo happy for you! They just seem to pop up all over the place when you get going!

2014032495082532.jpg

Well here is the ridiculousness of my pee sticks. Still no darker. Nothing. At this point I am not even feeling depressed over it not working (it will hit though it's inevitable really) i am so afraid it's somewhere it isn't supposed to be. I think I have PTSD from my ectopics : ). I always feel so much better when I'm moving forward and this makes me feel stuck. You think after the last almost 3 years I'd have a little more patience. Or maybe that's just why I'm running short on it : )

Hi Ladies

Catching up on the weekend posts as per usual.

Peachy - I think the lines look good for the timing! I understand not getting your hopes up though. Its completely understandable that after 3 years your patience is gone. What time is your beta tomorrow?

I'm off to my ultrasound. I'm effing nervous! Then have to meet my FS. Will let you know how it all turns out!

I am totally in on writing a "What to expect when you doing IVF" book!

Seoul I did have sex while using suppositories after an iui cycle. I only had to take them at night so I would do it before I put it in. This time dr says no sex. And I'll be using them 3 times a day so I wouldn't want to anyway. When is transfer?
Hi Kay, that is very EGGciting!! Lol
Red I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound went!
Peachy! You're not kidding those lines are staying the same! Can you try a different brand test? I guess it doesn't matter since betas tomorrow. I know what limbo hell feels like and id rather just know one way or the other.

Hey ladies - I've posted in here a few times - Just wondered what your views were on this....

I got my bfp on Saturday (8dp3dt) it was quite pale, on Sunday I re-tested and it was much darker. This morning when I re-tested it was ever so slightly lighter than yesterday. I'm not overly stressing as I know HCG goes up every 48 hours. I'm not testing tomorrow and i'm going to wait until Wed as there should be a darker line. Heres a pic - What do you think?? Anything to worry about.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 12
Not good news ladies....

They said the baby was at least 1 week behind. I should be 6 weeks and it was measuring at 5 weeks. So there is a baby, but it may have stopped developing. They scheduled me for another ultrasound next week and they will know for sure then if it is viable or not. The doctor did not sound too positive.
Then in the next breath she says that IVF babies can sometimes develop slower...so maybe this baby is just slow....wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf,......

So wtf...now we have to sit and wait. I am pretty sure I am going to lose my mind. Seriously. Next Monday is also our wedding anniversary. I hope this will be a positive lol

Now I will symptom spot like crazy...

We definitely need to write a book :wacko:

Redbrick - That's not really what you want to hear is it. FX its just a slow developer. Could they not do bloods to find out if you HCG is were it should be?

They didn't do bloods....I don't know why?

Since I am a crazy person and didn't feel pregnant, I took a test early last week and it was a blaring positive. Like so dark it was unreal. But I guess a lot can happen in a week.

I really don't know what to think.

Could you not call your clinic and tell them you're worried and would like blood tests running? I'm asking for bloods on Friday and then I want them again on Monday just for peace of mind.

Oh red I'm so sorry! Now you are in limbo too. How excruciating. I pray for excellent results next time but I know how hard it's going to be to wait:( hugs to you
Mish I think your lines look fine. When your beta?

Red my heart is breaking for you. I don't believe in ever giving up all hope but I do believe in being honest. Your doctor knows that most of the time these pregnancies do not turn out well but also knows for every 90% there's the other 10%. I pray you are in the minority. I was worried when my baby measured 3 days behind and was told they aren't worried about a couple days (she did say couple and mine was 3) as long as there's a good heartbeat and growth continues to stay on track. Mine did catch up within a day at the next ultrasound. Doing betas when baby is visible on u/s isn't what they consider necessary anymore as betas start slowing down and mean less. Praying your little one stays strong.

MishC I think your sticks look just fine and if you've been looking at mine obviously you look like overachiever compared to me.

Lanet I don't if you've ever thought about this but I always wonder about making eggs mature and fertilize that wouldn't have otherwise. Every month one takes the lead while the others that weren't as strong quit competing and die off. In ivf we make them all compete and continue to grow. Who knows right?

Lanet - My OTD isn't until Friday and i'll be 14dp3dt but i'll be asking for the bloods then. It seems like ages away.

Peachy - I did see yours and it was because of yours I posted in here. I know mine has quite a solid line but wasn't sure if I should read into it been a little lighter than yesterday. Anyway I decided what will be will be and we have no control over it. Yours could still end up been ok couldn't it? When is your OTD?

Red if you are doing PIO injections you could always have a blood test to measure that just to see if it's where it should be to support the pregnancy. If you are doing suppositories they won't be able to.

Mish my beta is tomorrow and I have been pregnant enough times with enough outcomes that this doesn't look good for me. Have already spoken to hubby about getting a credit card (he is against them) for our next round of meds. For my own mental health I need to look forward but God decided to throw a miracle at me in the meantime I certainly wouldn't return the gift : )

And Mish nothing in pregnancy can be based on one test. Not Reds u/s or a beta or even a stick. Your pee could have just been a little more diluted. I hope your beta is nice and high!

Peachy - Good luck for tomorrow I hope it's good news for you. I didn't realise how long drawn out IVF was. I hope you get a little miracle and you don't have to get a credit card!

Thanks ladies. I'm just going to wait it out. From what Dr. Google says the outcome does not look great, but not seeing the fetal pole seems to be somewhat common with a 6 week ultra sound. Some ladies went back the next week and everything was great, others went back and it was bad news. I wish they wouldn't do them so early if there can be such discrepancies.

I am going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->