First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red you deserve that Big Mac! I'll even eat one for you to show support;)
And you're right, the dr should've just been up front with you. Is there any chance you shouldn't stop the progesterone?

I think that there should be enough progesterone in me to get me to Monday , if by some freak miracle it makes it.

Peachy - can I ask - did you have a d & c last time? Please don't feel like you have to answer, you can just ignore me.

Red yes I did have one and I'm glad I did. Then they sent it to pathology and it takes a few weeks to get results back. Even if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have wanted to wait around for it to happen it was just too painful emotionally. Go ahead and eat whatever you want. They have Monopoly there now so have 2 big macs!

Lanet what my baby had they do not test for using pgd but I didn't do that anyways. It's expensive but if I had found there was a genetic issue I wouldn't have done another round of ivf without paying for it anyways.

Lanet - hooray for stimming tomorrow!

Peachy - on my first IVF, right after the first Beta, the same afternoon I got a call from my RE and I was told that there was nothing in there not even 5 (trace of HCG) on my blood and so he told me to stop the PIO's immediately so I will have my AF. I didn't. I've continued for at least four (4) more days because I thought this might be a late implantation and I want to give my baby a fighting chance. But I did get my period eventually.

Albeit I know that you are not hopeful, objectively, I think that the reason they have not called you yet (like knowing you don't have frosties earlier with a phonecall) is because you have an HCG in your first beta and now they are going to do the second one to see if they double. So I am FX'D for you.

Red - I can totally empathize with you. I had a hard time when I found out my Baby B has no heartbeat and this is after seeing her for four weeks having hb...but she was always smaller, she was always a week behind but I was hopeful that she was just delayed but it is realistic to prepare yourself but don't deprive yourself to grieve...

Seoul - sticky vibes for you!!!

amazinglife - welcome to the thread...we have another gal here Breaking Dawn who is also doing an FET, and Amanda also is doing an FET..good luck to all you of you guys!!

Oh and to answer the question regarding my baby's gender... I have two DD's so we were really hopping for a boy... but when I found out that we were pregnant, I was okay with having another girl...but for some odd reasons...this whole IVF journey has given me the exact opposite of what I was expecting...like on my first attempt I thought it was going to work and then it didn't...then on my second attempt, when I was so sure it didn't work...it worked. then I honestly thought I was going to have a daughter, then it is a boy...I guess it really happens when you least expect it.

Hi ladies....im here

I've been quietly reading and following along bc I'm in waiting zone!

Red...so sorry for the sad news...but i love you're spirit!

Mono...congrats on team blue!

Peachy...kmfx for you :)

Lanet...finally you're getting started...yay!

Amazing...I'm doing a FET...no fresh...froze all embies after ER.

So as mentioned I'm in waiting zone for FET. Tentatively scheduled for next week...

Originally..my protocol was natural cycle FET. Then i went in for cd10 last sat and i had no leading follies to O...which causes low estrogen...which meant my lining was thin :(

I was disappointed bc this has never happened to me...i never have thin lining and the one time I need it to be good, it ends up being thin.

Anyhow...i was told I cannot transfer on 31st...and it will be delayed by a few days.

So, I then started estrogen patch called climara. I was put on this instead of suppositories bc they work faster and as a result I should have a thicker lining quicker

I go back in sat for lining check. Praying that it's nice and plump and i get a transfer date for next wk!

Red I am devastated for you. You can cry and freak out to us whatever you need to do. I am more than a little upset that they weren't more up front with you at your u/s. To have you quit progesterone means they had already given up hope and you could have stopped already. When I found out my babies heart had stopped they had me continue PIO until I had my d&c that Fri to maintain the pregnancy so we could have it tested. That may be something you discuss with them if it's something you're interested in. :hugs:

Amazing welcome and I wish you all the luck in the world on your fet! If I missed it in your post when's transfer?

Lanet I go in tomorrow at 8:15 for 2nd test and call the hot line at 3 pm for results. I am not very hopeful. I have no more sore boobs just tired,headache and cramps like right before flo. Stims start tomorrow right ?
My transfer would be some time in second week of April don't know dates yet

Hi ladies....im here

I've been quietly reading and following along bc I'm in waiting zone!

Red...so sorry for the sad news...but i love you're spirit!

Mono...congrats on team blue!

Peachy...kmfx for you :)

Lanet...finally you're getting started...yay!

Amazing...I'm doing a FET...no fresh...froze all embies after ER.

So as mentioned I'm in waiting zone for FET. Tentatively scheduled for next week...

Originally..my protocol was natural cycle FET. Then i went in for cd10 last sat and i had no leading follies to O...which causes low estrogen...which meant my lining was thin :(

I was disappointed bc this has never happened to me...i never have thin lining and the one time I need it to be good, it ends up being thin.

Anyhow...i was told I cannot transfer on 31st...and it will be delayed by a few days.

So, I then started estrogen patch called climara. I was put on this instead of suppositories bc they work faster and as a result I should have a thicker lining quicker

I go back in sat for lining check. Praying that it's nice and plump and i get a transfer date for next wk!
How far are you in FET ? :thumbup:

Mono I wish you were right but they did say it's their policy to say nothing until after second beta. I think it's amazing you get a little boy after 2 dd's. You are very lucky! Will you have more after this one?

Breaking ivf is just filled with setbacks isn't it? I remember reading that success rates are higher with medicated vs natural so if that's true I'm glad you get a little oomph to make this your cycle!

Amazing sorry if I missed it but why are you doing a fet?

Amazing. ....i am in cd14 today. I was told I would have a FET after cd 19...but before cd23.

However that was before my lining issue. I will find out in saturday how much improved my lining is. And the nurse said I could still be on track for cd20-23 transfer.

Cd20 is on April 1st....so really hoping to do this next wk.

I think we are a week apart then?

Amazing. ....i am in cd14 today. I was told I would have a FET after cd 19...but before cd23.

However that was before my lining issue. I will find out in saturday how much improved my lining is. And the nurse said I could still be on track for cd20-23 transfer.

Cd20 is on April 1st....so really hoping to do this next wk.

I think we are a week apart then?
yes we are almost a week apart i am on cd 6 today .are you having day 5 transfer .me too

Mono I wish you were right but they did say it's their policy to say nothing until after second beta. I think it's amazing you get a little boy after 2 dd's. You are very lucky! Will you have more after this one?

Breaking ivf is just filled with setbacks isn't it? I remember reading that success rates are higher with medicated vs natural so if that's true I'm glad you get a little oomph to make this your cycle!

Amazing sorry if I missed it but why are you doing a fet?
peachy my fresh ivf was converted to freeze all as my emryos took 6 days to reach blastocyte stage.and also they had to biopsied for chromosome testing.

amazinglife- welcome and good luck. This is my second FET first time it was successful lets hope second time as well :)

Mono- That is great you will be having your little man after two DDs.

Peachy- happy face is great :) FX'd for news tomorrow.

Lanet- We transferred two 5 day embryos actually to be honest I think they are 7 day ones as I remember them saying after my fresh transfer that they would let them develop 2 more days then freeze. OTD is April 7th but I will most likely POAS next Mondays at 5dp.

I really thought I would be more relaxed this time around and that I wouldn't be gutted if it is negative but now that I am not feeling any cramping at all I am kind of freaking and really dreading a BFN I can't even wrap my head around it even though I know based on odds this should be a negative cycle for me. I mean I got Positive with my fresh and positive with my first FET even if one of those ended in m/c it was still a positive PT and most people don't get one positive let alone two

Breaking- This for some reasons our bodies seem to love to act up when we are so close to transfer. I hope that your lining gets there quickly and you can transfer soon. Good Luck at your next u/s.

Amazing..less all my embies at 5days...which means the tww will be shorter...thankful!

Seoul... Go figure....our bodies do what the want...lol...thx Hun!!

Seoul I remember reading somewhere the longest they can culture them is 6 days so I would check on that. I don't even think it matters that it's a different country. I'm not telling you this to second guess I'm telling you this so you don't think they're already 7 days so your bfp should pop up sooner. Just wait to test as if they're only 5 days old : )

thanks Peachy I have heard of 7 day ones before but I still treat mine as a 5 day no matter what it still takes them a minimum of a day or two to implant and then about 48 hours after that for you to start producing HcG so definitely not planning on an early BFP.

RED- in my opinion the D & C is definitely easier I had one D&C and two natural m/c's. I have also heard that after a D&C it is sometimes easier for there to be implantation. For me it was true as the next cycle after my D&C I got pregnant again completely natural unfortunately I mis carried but still I did manage to be pregnant for a bit. It sucks that your doc gave up without talking straight to you about it. Good luck with everything :hugs:

Seoul are you sure it wasn't because it was frozen early for like testing so just seemed like 7? I am curious now and love to be informed. I will ask at my Dr's office although everyone seems to have a different way to do anything : ). With my first fresh cycle they extended the culture of a few of mine to day 6 (they did end up good enough to freeze but I was worried. I always am : ) ) they said that was the latest to make a decision on quality. Maybe if they're real slow growers some do? Hmm..

Well I'm officially a nervous wreck after my first 3 hour drive alone to KC. I arrived in the city just in time for rush hour and 2 accidents! I'd rather be stuck in traffic than in an accident though. And I swear there are like 20 lanes of wall to wall traffic in some places! Eeek! I don't want lot drive:( oh and add on a little rain to that mix.
Anyway, excited to get the step done and finally get started!
Peachy cannot wait till this afternoon for your results!
Seoul we should be about a week apart!
How's Messica?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back