First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Thank you ladies you are all very kind. I am just going to wait and pray and that's all I can do : )

Praying with you peachy! You just let us know when we can celebrate. After ultrasound?

Let's not talk about college. I have one heading there soon and just the thought makes me break out in hives : )
You know I was thinking about and I had to start stims (I think) 3 days after stopping bcp's but what I do remember is that they said some people bleed and some don't that it didn't matter. So you have to wait? And then what day past that?

I think I can start the very next day. And I keep feeling like I might start any time. She said my lining is a 5. So maybe that why they want me to start? She said I should at least bleed a little. So if I start this afternoon I can still start stimming tomorrow.

Keeping my Fx'd then that is starts. You should try the sex thing though it really does work for me. How many days has it been since you stopped?

I think 5 was the lowest my lining was and I bled for a good 5 days but not as heavy as normal.

They just called and said I can't do ivf this month. They said my thyroid is increased again. It's 3.3. Which still is barely above normal. I've read that birth control can cause that, yet they want me to go back on birth control. I'm feeling devastated.

I've already planned my life around this month:( what about the medicine:( I'm seriously so upset. And my sister keeps wanting me to help plan her wedding and I just want to tell her to shut up. I'm so sad! And mad

Lanet. ...I'm so sorry. delays are so frustrating and upsetting :(

Do you take thyroid meds? If the bcp can cause this can your RE suggest another protocol?

Did they give you any other information? I hate bad news phone calls...they ruin the day!

Yes I take thyroid meds and they keep increasing the dose and my levels keeps rising (high tsh means low thyroid) I skipped one pill in January and my sister is trying to say that's why. I take those things religiously every single morning!
I just asked the dr and she said only long term bcp can effect it, not short term. I hate bcp, I hate that I have to retell all of my clients and coworkers some excuse. I was so close:(

Lanet my dear I am so sorry. I know how invested and excited you are to do this not to mention how patient you've been with the delays you've already had. Now it's time to figure out what to do to make sure it's down next month. I can't believe they'll just wing it each month and it could take forever. One pill wouldn't make a difference so tell her to zip it.

They doubled my dose again. Although I'm mad and upset, the nurse said if they just go ahead with it and I get a bfn I will wonder if that's why bc it lowers pregnancy rates. I also just did a quick google and found a new study saying if you have borderline thyroid problems, the stim meds can worsen it, leading to ivf failure, miscarriage, or chemical pregnancy. So i am glad they are doing everything they can to ensure a successful cycle even if the delay is devastating. And I have to take bcp again:( but first I have to bleed. So I'm ok if it takes it's time now. Less time on bcp. But why aren't my levels decreasing with the meds????????? They increased them 2 weeks ago, and now again. My levels in December were 3.1, so they put me on meds and my next test they were down to a perfect 1.5. Then they tested a month later, 2.9 so they increased my dose. now today, 3.37. Wth.

I have absolutely no idea on any of that. At the risk of sounding like an idiot can anything you do affect it? Diet, exercise or lack there of? Stress? Did you ask if it would be possible to do a bcp free cycle? Of course you do run the risk of your ovaries not cooperating and being delayed again but I know of women that didn't have to use them.

Yes they said I have to go back on them. Esp since I'm so irregular, who knows where I would be in my cycle when it was time to start. They asked me lots of questions such as when do I take it, what do I take with it, do I get the name brand. Then they said I'm doing everything right. From what I googled there isn't a whole lot else that effects it.
Red drowned her sorrows in a Big Mac and I'm going to drown mine in pasta...

Have you been tested for hashimotos? It's your thyroid right? I just read to exercise everyday and eat protein. Eliminate caffeine and sugar and flour, eat grain based things. Any of this sound right? Did you quit running?

It says it's a very sensitive gland and is exceptionally reactive to the stress response

Well I have to say I'm equally as stressed now as I've always been. Always some stressor in my life

I quit running but I've been walking, even 4 miles the other day. I don't eat a lot of protein, I don't like meat. The thing is my levels are just barely off!! We have a family history of hypothyroidism. I just gave up caffeine.... I'm definetely not doing anything worse suddenly. So I can't see why it would change.

Yes it's thyroid. I don't think they've tested for hashi, let me go look it up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->