First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

It seems that it takes awhile to get the correct dose. I was only diagnosed at the end of December. And I've only been on the higher dose for 2 weeks, so it might not have even had time to work. Hopefully it will adjust soon.

Well I really hope it does. Can you continue to have it tested up til then so it's not a surprise?

Yeah, it's prob no use to do it more than 2 weeks apart though. You inspired me to go for a run tonight;)

It rained all day here then turned to snow to so it's slush and ice. Yuck. We went and saw Divergent. It was pretty good and that guy is incredibly hot.

We've had severe thunderstorms and tornado watches. But we were near 70! I ran on the treadmill.
So when I got home today I felt a little bit of burning, like a uti, and just now when I was having sex, (is there tmi on this forum? Lol) it burned soooo bad I had to stop! And I felt the most uncomfortable have to pee feeling. Is it just a coincidence that it happened after my ultrasound? Or could it have irritated me?
Also good news is that I had a $250 copay for prescriptions so I will only have a $75 copay for the progesterone if I'm pregnant. That's much better. I'm still bummed out but feeling better, what choice do I have? It could be worse. I talked to my cousin that suffers with hypothyroid, she said it takes 6 weeks to see if a dose is working, so it just hasn't been long enough. Hopefully I will get corrected and suddenly just lose 10 lbs! More importantly be able to do ivf.
How are you doing? How does your dh feel about your results?
I told dd we will go see divergent on Sunday.

There's always tmi! Lol I'm glad you're starting to be more positive and accepting. We adapt because we have no choice right? Hopefully it is just irritation from your Dr visit. Hubby is very happy and optimistic and thinks I have been through too much to let myself be happy/excited. I told him may that may play a part but so do the facts of the situation and then we discussed those. His sister just had another baby she can't take care of so that didn't help matters either. Not only was I not in the mood to hear about it I wasn't nice about it either.

I'm in agreement with your husband!
That's sad about his sister. I have a cousin like that. And I'm not nice about it either. I can't handle it.
And you're right, what choice do we have but to pick up and accept things. This is easier to accept than a bfn.

His sister disgusts me. You could tell from a young age she was a bad seed and I had hoped she would figure it out but nope. Oh and don't worry about your meds they will be fine for next month.

lanet- so sorry to hear about your cycle. I hope your thyroid regulates soon and you can get started.

Peachy- Those numbers sound about what mine were with DD the first couple times. I know it is hard to stay positive after so many negatives. I was not content until I saw a heartbeat that is what I always look forward to because It seemed my numbers always rose fine for about 2 weeks and then nothing would show on the ultrasounds. so still sending positive thoughts your way.

Thanks Seoul. How are you doing? By that I mean I hope you are taking it easy and have found ways to eliminate stairs as much as possible. Maybe even had hubby install doggy door? : )

:hugs:Peachy - I'm glad your husband is optimistic!

Lanet - Damn it! sorry it didn't go the way you want it to. That just sucks. Glad you had some pasta. Try to stay away from Dr google - he is nasty.

Seoul - how are you doing?

I feel like I have some lower back pain happening. Its day two without progesterone so who knows. Don't want to wish the weekend away, but looking forward to my ultrasound on Monday to get some final confirmation. Kinda hope my body gives it up this weekend if it is over.

All in all I am feeling pretty positive today. Hubby and I discussed maybe trying acupuncture or seeing a natural path before we try again to see if that helps. Has anyone tried anything like?

peachy - I am ever so cautiously optimistic for you. I understand why you're not busting out the woo-hoo's but it's obvious you aren't out by a long shot so I will woo-hoo (quietly) for you :)

lanet - I am just devastated for you.....to come that close........it just isn't fair :( :( :( Huge hugs and lots of hope things get rolling soon for you. On a side note, I too found it a bit different that they were making you wait for a period though. I was also told that once I stopped bcp's and before I started stims I may have a full blown period, bleed just a bit or not even spot. Any scenario was completely normal and wouldn't affect moving forward. I do wonder why having an actual bleed is so important to them. I've read no period is actually a great sign because it means you're well suppressed. I started bleeding yesterday and was actually concerned because now I'm nervous I wasn't well suppressed if that makes sense. Can you clarify with your clinic why that's so important so next time around you will know either way what it means to them?

redbrick - I am still keeping fingers tightly crossed for Monday for you.....that things turn around so you can stop worrying and that you find peace either way it goes. If you need to in the future and eventually do make your way to an acupuncturist please share your brave experience? I have no idea where to even start with finding one but the idea intrigues the heck out of me.

mononoke - when I read your post about all your exact opposites Alanis Morissette's "Isn't It Ironic" started playing in head lol

breaking dawn - I turn quiet lurker when I'm in the waiting zone too :) Hoping your lining cooperates so you can get on with you transfer asap!

amazing - hello and welcome! :flower:

amanda - wondering how you are and if you've gotten any news yet?

seoul - I was so happy to see you did your transfer! Hugs and fingers crossed for you!

I've been mia so I don't go insane. It got to the point where this cycle was consuming my every thought so I had to take a step back this past week. Been keeping myself really busy and meditating with most of my free time. Today is day 8 of Lupron. Not to whine but the first few days were not fun at all. As soon as I injected I got EXTREMELY burny and itchy. Injections spot would swell up just like a bee sting welt. My body seems to be accepting them better the last couple and I hope that continues. Bcp's ended a few days ago and I started what seems to be a low flow but pretty intense (pain wise) period yesterday. Baseline ultrasound is Sunday, stims (Menopur and Follistim) will start then Monday if all looks well. (Quite thankfully) still trucking along here and continuing to wish you all the very best.

Hi Messica, sorry you were having a hard time with the Lupron. From what I understand, she wanted me to bleed bc my lining was a 5. Sometimes the lining is thinner so there's no reason to bleed. I don't really want my lining a 5 at this point since it gets thicker with egg maturity and estrogen. It would be really thick! Also maybe bc I'm doing ganirelix instead of Lupron? Idk. This dr has seemed so exact and on the ball about everything, and I truly appreciate and value that. I don't have any doubts about her. She could've just taken my money and sent me through this cycle hoping it would be fine. But she's taking no chances. Plus being at the university hospital they are always doing studies, so if she insists I bleed first, well I guess I'll bleed. Lol.
Speaking of studies yesterday when drawing my blood they took an extra vial and said they are doing a study in the lab and need blood from certain patients. Strange, and I wonder what they were doing with it?
Red I hope everything happens quick and easy for you too. Measuring only 5 weeks maybe it would just happen easier.
I'm really upset that I have to go into work and explain that I won't be on vacay yet.And I have no appts scheduled for the next 3 weeks. I hope it all works out. I feel like af will be here any minute. Maybe they can take me off the pill a little earlier if it takes me longer to bleed.

Red my hubby did an intense regimen of vitamins, and some herbs from my acupuncturist, and he did see a great improvement in his numbers, in fact they are completely normal now after 3 bad s/as

I've already planned my life around this month:( what about the medicine:( I'm seriously so upset. And my sister keeps wanting me to help plan her wedding and I just want to tell her to shut up. I'm so sad! And mad

OMG!! Lanet, I am so sorry:( This whole process is so draining.

Red I too have heard of regimens that drastically improve s/a although 1% is quite low. Perhaps good enough for iui's though? I would only do those though if I had ins coverage for it as at my clinic it's expensive and I know women who have had to do many.

Lanet stop worrying about your lining! I'd rather have it thick than thin : ) clinics want/need good success rates and low cancelation rates so they're going to do everything they can to make you succeed : )

Messica I totally understand it being all consuming. Just remember we are here for you so you don't have to stim alone!

Amanda how are you doing?

Peachy I'm not worried about my lining, I was just trying to explain to Messica why they might insist I bleed first. I don't even know if that's true, maybe it's bc I was on bcp for 5 weeks. It doesn't matter now anyway.
Amanda I'm gearing up for another 3 weeks on those evil pills:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->