First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Peachy don't overestimate my ability to even get this started, I've been trying to start since January 15!
Let us know what the dr says about Lupron.

Wow...this thread just moved so fast...i need to catch up with today's 3 pages!!

Amazing and Team S...my FET is on saturday morning. when is yours?. I started my med protocol today.

Ironman...my clinic does an endometrial biopsy /scrape the cycle prior to FET. it helps make the lining sticky for the embryo.

Redbrick...its always a positive to find the silver lining! Gives hope for next cycle. When I had my chemical I thought..yes we can get pregnant!! :hugs:

Peachy...no apologies. But it sucks...and i agree with you 100%...cycle 1 is a learning experience....so toasting my glass of wine to you for a successful next cycle :hugs:

Lanet.. I'm rooting for ya!!! Let's get the cycle started!!

Lanet you are going to get started and everythings going to be just right to give you the best chance of success!! My husband's birthday is the 8th and I am uber short on ideas can you think of anything neat? Not a lot of money either we are broke : )

Red just out of curiosity I thought you were going to try some natural ways for a bit what changed your mind?

Peachy and Red- Sending lots of hugs.

Breaking- Hope you get a sticky bean on Saturday :)

AFM I am feeling super negative today. I had a ton of lower back pain yesterday and a lot of cramping today a ridiculous amount I feel really uncomfortable I tried taking another HPT this morning for the heck of it I used one of the crappy target ones and the thing didn't work I mean the test circle was completely blue and the reference line didn't even show up I didn't take another test because that was already 3rd morning urine and I figure what is the point anyways those things won't tell me anything anyways. Sorry I know I shouldn't be complaining about it as I am not even spotting but I tried talking to DH about it and he just keeps telling me its fine and to relax and that I had cramps with DD which he is right I did but not like this. Doesn't seem like he wants to hear it and I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks ladies.

Seoul it's totally understandable to be nervous and cramping is completely normal. You know every pregnancy is going to be different and perhaps you have 2 trying to snuggle in : ). Just make sure you're drinking lots of water. Dehydration can cause cramps.Your tests were strong very early and there was an obvious increase in a day. Try to find some comfort in that. Not much longer and you do betas right?

Peaches...i double posted accidentally....and for some reason felt like writing double double :haha:

Thanks Peachy I really wish I were like my sister who found out she was pregnant at 10 weeks went right to ultrasound and saw heartbeat right away. Beta is supposed to be Monday but I will go on Saturday since it is easier for DH to take me then.

Seoul I agree with peachy. Cramping is totally normal and your tests looked great. I hope your beta can reassure you, I know it's a scary time.
Peachy men are so hard to buy for! I sometimes get my husband tickets to St. Louis Blues (hockey). This year I bought him a chainsaw and then later wondered what on earth I was thinking, luckily he used it a lot and our fireplace was always stocked! A nice robe is good too....a watch...
We have an April fools day war going on in my house right now and I'm extremely jumpy!
I love your quote , I wish I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat before;)
Breaking your fet is coming up very soon!!

Breaking - I thought you were looking for "toil and trouble" in response. lol.

Peachy - I am glad you've scheduled your pity party and I have a few giant squeezy hugs for you!

Your quote seriously cracked me up! It is so true. I WISH I had my body from 20 years ago, and at the time didn't think it was good enough or thin enough.

Now, onto shopping. I've seen some of the coolest "man gifts" on https://www.firebox.com/ and https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

Don't despair when you see the £ sign, I've found that once you've been inspired you can get the same thing for less on Amazon.com! Happy online-window shopping!!

Messica - Ice, ice baby. Applying ice before and after really helps with the burning and stinging. Also, I agree with Peachy don't go super slow!

Seoul - Hang in there. It is such a fraught journey, you're bound to worry at every stage. Vent away, it is a safe sounding board here.

Red - Your positive attitude is an inspiration to me! I'm glad you get to try again so quickly. I am wishing you nothing but the best for the next cycle! Big giant hugs.

AFM - My transfer is this coming up today and just so that the sticks don't get the best of me afterwards, I POAS to see if the trigger was still there. I took a pic. This would ordinarily be promising but this is PRE transfer. So, I'm using it as my 'baseline' of sorts. It must be darker than this to prompt a celebratory reaction when I do test. I've also decided that I will not be PUPO I will be PWIPOASAIDTT. (My own acryonym, obviously.) Translation: I will not be Preganant Until Proven Otherwise, I will be Pregnant When I Pee On A Stick And It's Darker Than This. (Significantly Darker!) Now let's see if I can post a pic...

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 8
Lanet...yes I'm counting down the days....sat morning is going to be here so fast!!

Kay...lol! smart idea to test you trigger before transfer! Goodluck today. Also I just wanted to say that I agree with your acronym...thats perfect!!! pupo works for some ladies but for me...iv also decided I'm not pupo!

Thanks Breaking! I think the sticks would've had the upper hand and caused too much doubt if I hadn't. I am surprised though that the trigger is still left, it was a week ago. But part of me thinks it might be a good thing to have some HCG floating around to welcome the little ones. We can be PWIPOAS together. ;-)

Peachy - They give you nothing in terms of drugs. But it wasn't needed, just like a long pap smear with 5 extra people in the room. lol. Another difference is that there is no beta or blood test. (In the end I miss nothing by going to India - so relieved.) I just am supposed to take a HPT in two weeks and let them know what it says, then later I'll go in for a u/s if positive. In the end, no fighting needed re the transfer of two. Yay! Three weren't quite to blastocyst stage, so we'll see if they get there tomorrow and if so whether they'll freeze. So different from the US experience from what I gather from you guys.

So now I'm all done (for now). Two have been transferred (I read on another board that a lady called hers "itsy and bitsy" I thought that was the cutest.) It was pretty uneventful and straightforward. Now the hard part begins - the 2ww. I am SO glad I made it this far! :wohoo:

You ladies have been so lovely! :flower:

Kay8! Brilliant idea to POAS before! Genius!

Hoping to a quick and successful wait for you!

Peachy...your pig pic is so precious! Monday we picked up our 8 week old miniature potbelly pig...Pippa! She is amazing...adjusting like it's no big deal and the dogs love her!

Thanks for everything ladies...
You really have no idea how helpful you all are as I wait to start my process. :happydance:

Ah Peachy - we can move on together. Are you starting another fresh cycle? or do you have frosties left? Part of me wants to try the natural route for a bit, but I honestly have no patience. Waiting makes me insane. I took the pills yesterday to bring on the m/c - it went pretty well, not too much pain. I'm glad it is over. I need to go back to the dr to make sure its all clear, then I will meet with her to discuss the best options moving forward.

Kay8 - congrats on the transfer! So exciting - best wishes being sent to you!! Good idea poas before!

Seoul - I'm sorry that you are down. Hang in there and take another test tomorrow. It will make you feel better :)

Ironmom - We can wait together! Hopefully it goes fast

Redbrick...I'm sorry you are going through this right now. My partner and I decided to skip any IUI's and go straight to IVF. I am 38 and we are using donor sperm.

Doc said we can try IUI but statistics are low and it would cost us about $3k with ultrasounds, sperm and meds. We decided it would be better to invest that money in IVF.

So, I will call doc as soon as I get my period and go in for my baseline ultrasound. I'm crossing fingers that all goes well and we can go right into it from there! :happydance: Should be the 16th or 17th.

We will wait together!

Kay...what was your pre transfer med protocol??

I'm on the following cocktail: Prednisone, prometrium, progesterone, estrogen and baby aspirin.

I've got it all tracked on my phone so I know what to take with or without food and keep track of what's next...otherwise I'd be lost!

Kay that's great! Congrats on being in the 2ww.
Red, peachy, and iron, I will be waiting with you.
As for me, I'm feeling ragefully hormonal today and I want to either cry or scream but instead I'm at work smiling. But I feel awful! This is why I've never been able to be on bcp. And I feel like I took 2 steps forward and 10 steps back. I'm on such a high dose of thyroid meds now and having heart palpitations again. I was all positive and prepared and now I just feel like shit. I know it's the hormones talking bc my situation isn't really that bad. I just needed to vent it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->