First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

kay - that's genius! I'm stealing that idea! (if I ever get that far *knocks on wood*)

breaking dawn - sending lots of prayers for your transfer Saturday!!!!

afm - bloodwork this morning showed my estrogen was only at 28 so they're doubling the dosages of my Menopur and Follistim. That means we have to get refills and pay for those suckers all over again. My stomach is just dropping over the thought. They said it's normal to respond slowly because first rounders get started on conservative dosages but still, ick. I wasn't anticipating that at all. Going back down to the big dog clinic Saturday for bloodwork and ultrasound to check follicles as opposed to satellite monitoring. I'd rather get their eyes on what's going on rather than my regular docs interpretation. I still have my Follistim AQ cartridge savings card but I'm now searching for something that'll hopefully make a dent in the cost of more Menopur.......

Messica what dose are you on? This was your first appt to check follies right? I have a feeling I'll respond slowly but I hope I'm wrong.
I just got a call from the nurse, I'm confused bc last month I only talked to the ivf coordinater so I have no idea why this nurse is calling me and emailing me? I'm confused. But she sent me a calendar with start dates and she wants to get my thyroid checked before my baseline which is a relief to me. I somehow feel better having a calendar again although I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I hear thyroid results.

I started 1 vial of Menopur (75u) and half cartridge (150u) of Follistim, now bumped up to 2 vials of Menopur mixed into 1ml and 1 full cartridge (300u) of Follistim. Continuing with the 5 of Lurpon like before.

Today was only bloodwork, Saturday they will check estrogen again but also do ultrasound to look at (hopefully) growing follicles.

Glad to hear you're back on a schedule, that's got to feel fantastic seeing dates back on paper again! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the well wishes peeps! Let the waiting commence. (Imagine sound effect of a ticking clock.)

Breaking - I was on .5ml of Buserelin to DR, then 300mg of Gonal-F that was increased to 375 when the little follicles were slow to the party. 200mg of Ovitrelle to trigger. Now I’m on Cyclogest for 6 weeks. Also, I had a scratch in late Feb. I asked today about Embryo Glue and they said only if I’d had a previous failure.

Ironmom - I can’t believe that you have a REAL pig! That is SO unbelievably cool!

Lanet - Sound off whenever you want! It’s better to let it out. Yay, yay, yay for the calendar!!

Messica - Steal away! That’s why I shared. (I thought it was a great idea, so conceited - I know.) You WILL absolutely get that far. Take it one day at a time.

Oh, wow, this thread moves fast! I even found some replies I didn't notice yesterday reading really quick through the thread.

Red - :hugs: It's a good thing you'll be able to try again soon and that everything went well with the pills.

Lanet - it's great they gave you a calendar. Hopefully your thyroid cooperates this time!

Kay - Congrats on the transfer! Now with the baseline picture and no test to worry about you can go on your fun vacation :) I'm honestly jealous of the trip you'll be taking, but that's made better by the thought of layovers you'll have to go through :wacko: Hate layovers :D

messica - oh, wow, sorry your dosage got increased. Paying for the meds was second most painful thing I had to do this cycle. Guess I can count myself lucky with the response I had by my initial dose was a bit higher too... 150 Gonal-F + 150 Menopur and my estradiol went from 21 at baseline to 145 on day 3.

afm - went to the tests today, they want me to come back tomorrow to redo them again and then they'll tell me whether to trigger tomorrow or the day after. I'm getting a bit nervous now, lol. Seems that would put my ER to Sat or Sun, that would definitely save me a day off work! Kay, Breaking, if all goes well, I'll be a few days behind you two in tww.

I'm definitely peeing on a stick before the transfer, if nothing else then just for the heck of seeing that second line. So far I've been convinced that sticks are a big fat scam to take your money away and pictures online are fakes :haha: Denial is my preferred method of coping :coolio:

Oh, yeah, and my ovaries are bothering me a lot now, especially since I have to sit in an office chair the whole day. Switching to a dress seemed to help in the morning but I'm really looking forward to laying down now. Those follies better be big and strong at retrieval!

Kay- Congrats! Sending lots of sticky vibes.

Lanet- Sorry you are feeling down. I am glad you have a calendar now somehow having a schedule or something to look forward to has always helped me must be my need to be in control of everything.

Morana- Your getting really close. Do you know how many follies you had at your last scan? I remember how painful my ovaries were during that whole process.

Red- Glad that the pill went as well as possible I hope you get the all clear soon. Still sending lots of hugs.

messica- good luck on your next scan.

AFM I am feeling a bit better today the cramps continued yesterday and my lower back pain was ridiculous but I am not bleeding and I have to take that as a good sign I also POAS again and the test line is darker than the control. I am wondering when my doctor will do the first ultrasound I know they wouldn't be able to see anything significant yet but they should be able to tell if there are one or two in there. Would be nice to know that but I will be patient and just hope for healthy.

Seoul - no, I forgot to ask at the last scan :( but the time before there weren't that many, two on the right and six on the left. Hopefully there are some more now.
Read some scary stories about er online today. Dr. Google is evil! Hopefully with the number of follies I have it won't be that bad.

Good luck to everyone who is having "work" done this week - transfers, retrievals etc. It is a very exciting part of the journey.

Lanet - I excited that you have a calendar!!

Thanks, Red!

Went to tests again today, there's still 8 of them, two at 18mm already and the rest are just behind, 15 to 17 mm. I'm still waiting for blood test results but it looks like one more day of stims for me and back tomorrow for another date with u/s wand :D Then hopefully er on the weekend on Mon the latest. Can't wait!

You're getting closer morana!
Peachy, you doing ok?
We are under another tornado watch with severe weather forming all around us, I guess I'm glad I'm not driving home from KC right now like was planned. The sky is dark and people are talking about where to take shelter. I wouldn't want to be in the car!

Red I'll be doing a fresh cycle as well. No frosties this time around.

Kay congratulations on an easy transfer!! Hopefully they are settling in nicely!

Iron you so have to post a pic you lucky girl! I would love to have one someday. Was it named after Middleton?

Seoul glad your line is so dark try to stay busy so time goes fast.

Morana great number you should be able to trigger very soon!

Lanet I am doing alright today. My disappointment is to be expected. This process is a soul sucker I tell you. I have labs tomorrow morning and should be able to schedule my Wtf appt. Sorry about your scary weather that's no fun. We're supposed to get a foot of flippin snow tonight. Sucks. On a positive note I get my hair done later and hopefully that boosts morale a bit : ). I'm glad you got your new schedule and I'm sure your thyroid will decide to cooperate this time but I can relate to your cautious optimism. I think that term was made for ivf : )

A foot of snow in April! I would go crazy!
I know you're feeling the disappointment:( do you feel like going into another cycle right away or do you feel like you need a break?

Lanet - Be safe!!

Peachy - I feel like on top of the hair being done, you need a little retail-therapy.

Actually everyone on here deserves a little retail-therapy.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to make sure things are getting back to normal in there. Then a meeting with the DR to set up a plan.

Yes retail therapy! I had some on Tuesday!

Red that's funny because a friend's little sister works at footlocker and gets half off this week so I've been checking out the website and found golf shoes for hubby and tennis shoes for son and sandals for the girls. Perhaps i will buy something for myself : ). Glad you get to meet with doc so soon.

Lanet our weather is just garbage. My kids may get a snow day because I hate driving in the crap and I won't let them drive in it either. My son runs track and his first meet is next week. Even last year they had to cancel several meets because this crap stayed forever. We used to have 4 seasons and now it's just 1 1/2. I will start as soon as he let's me . I want to lose some weight and make sure everything is good. A gal I know did 3 cycles super close together and got less and less eggs each time. Could just be coincidence but it worries me. I say that about weight but all I've had to eat today is nutter butters. Terrible

Messica sorry they had to up your dose. Everyone responds so differently and the added cost is such a burden. I hope you find a savings program for the Menopur and if you do please share it with me : )

Take a few days to eat nutter butters and then you can get on track. Funny bc my retail therapy consisted mostly of things for my dd. I used all of my bday coupons on her.
I'm feeling slightly less hormonal today, but trying to resist telling a coworker to shut up.
I went on another 4 mile walk last night. A neighbor dog always follows me, well he kept stopping traffic by standing in the middle of the road and not moving! I was getting dirty looks. I had my 2 doggies on a leash but people thought he was mine too. So embarrassing! I'll have to sneak out for my walk next time! Lol. There are tornado warning everywhere now! My dd school is a FEMA shelter so at least she will be safe. But I may have my hands tied with bleach on a clients head. I hope your hair appt cheers you up!

Oh and my last client is 9 months pregnant and tornado weather causes people to go into labor. Wish me luck;)

QUOTE=lanet;32225229]Oh and my last client is 9 months pregnant and tornado weather causes people to go into labor. Wish me luck;)[/QUOTE]

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->