First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Peachy - I was looking through my prescription receipts and I wasn't charged anything for my Menopur. Terrified that it might have been a mistake I logged onto walgreens specialty and looked up what my refill will run - it says ready for pick up and price $0.00 :-s

I know I had three discount cards but I don't remember Menopur being one of them. That said, the only meds I thought were covered by my insurance were the antibiotic and valium - because they are not exclusive to a cycle of IVF. On the pharm sheet it says "PLAN: HPMP" our insurance group number and a claim reference number so now I'm wondering......just not out loud until after I pick it up lol. Maybe it will come back and bite me in the ass later but until then I'm keeping fingers crossed that by some fluke it's being covered by my insurance even though they were adamant that none of my fertility related drugs would be??

I got discount cards for Follistim and Minivelle. Follistim came to $2158.72 (5 - 300IU AQ cartridges), after discount it came to $1616.57. Minivelle (16 - 1mg patches) went from $199.00 to $127.38. I do have those two cards, but if Menopur wasn't covered by insurance and I did actually have a card for it the pharmacy must have kept it.

I'm not sure if the others are good according to most but I about threw a party at the Follistim discount, especially when I knew that had I filled my prescriptions up here they would have run me more than $8,000 for a single cycle.....and that was on the lower anticipated dosages.......

Kay- Congrats! Sending lots of sticky vibes.

Lanet- Sorry you are feeling down. I am glad you have a calendar now somehow having a schedule or something to look forward to has always helped me must be my need to be in control of everything.

Morana- Your getting really close. Do you know how many follies you had at your last scan? I remember how painful my ovaries were during that whole process.

Red- Glad that the pill went as well as possible I hope you get the all clear soon. Still sending lots of hugs.

messica- good luck on your next scan.

AFM I am feeling a bit better today the cramps continued yesterday and my lower back pain was ridiculous but I am not bleeding and I have to take that as a good sign I also POAS again and the test line is darker than the control. I am wondering when my doctor will do the first ultrasound I know they wouldn't be able to see anything significant yet but they should be able to tell if there are one or two in there. Would be nice to know that but I will be patient and just hope for healthy.
Congrats Seoul

Messica how awesome that your menapur was free! Mine was $1100. But my follistim (2 900 iu cartridges) was only $390.

Morana - You can revel in the bug bites and upset tummy I'm likely to have, since I have no layover - it's a direct flight from Heathrow. :winkwink: (I've even bought mosquito repellant soap! Bugs LOVE me.)

I'm glad you're making progress and almost there! Too funny - I had to switch to dresses too before ER. My follies were super slow, I had only three after a week a stims then stimmed a whole week week more.

We all have our coping mechanisms! I'll admit I was pleased to see that second line (even though I know it wasn't real), I've never had one before!

Seoul - Thanks so much! Hang in there, the time for the u/s will be here soon and give you answers.

Peachy - Thanks! I'm afraid they won't like me and will reject me.
SNOW!! (A whole foot too!) No way, is this normal this late up your way? I hope your new 'do has given you a boost and a little pep in your step. Oh, how I wish I could have a Nutter Butter. There are so many things that I can't get here, that when I think of them it pains me. All this week, I've been on a KFC tear, my mouth is clearly homesick.

Red - Good luck with your appointment! I'm hoping you get the all clear and can start making plans for the next try.

Messica - $0.00 - that's super duper!!

AFM - I've learned that all three blasts made it to freeze. Yay!!

Venting ahead: (Annoyance #1) I'm often reminded that my life could've been very different. My little sister [half, but just sister to me] was born when I was with my ex-husband (she could be my kid) & I'm often put in the "mom" position with her. She's now 17 and will be 18 in the fall. (Which also painfully reminds me that I'm now old enough to be a g-ma, but instead am still valiantly trying for my 1st.)

(Annoyance #2) Last night, I spent a lot time time peeling her off the ceiling due to a fight with her former Best Friend (FBF VERY different to a BFF). I of course am annoyed with this FBF because it's over a BOY (surprise!! not.) AND because I've known this little girl since they were like 6-7yrs old. I don't know how cute adorable little kids become the aliens that are teenagers. I really want these embies to stick, but then I want them to stay adorable babies/small children. Teenagers are crazy. How do you guys that have them cope??? :shrug:

Kay how old are you?
This is a great place to vent so feel free! I don't have a teenager but I have a tween, and that attitude is hard enough at times! My dd is very strong willed, and I'm not, so it's a battle. But she's a good girl, she just wears me out! Each stage is unique and fun, just different, don't be afraid!

Peachy - How do you guys survive up there? Seems every time I turn on the news there's another snowstorm coming :wacko: Makes me feel much better about FL summers and hurricanes :)

Messica - Wow, great news about your drugs!

Lanet - did tornadoes pass you by in the end? I only saw one in my life and it was terrifying!

Kay - Wow, congrats on your three frosties! And there's a mosquito repellent soap? I need one! There could be 5 people around me and all the damn bugs would know exactly where I am so I'm the only one who ends up with all the bites :growlmad:
That sounds like a 12 hour flight you're going on. Wow, you're strong :) Hope your plane enthusiast half gets all the fun he can handle :D

It's funny, my DB's brother and his family are living with us temporarily and they have a 13-year-old. He's the quietest most easy going teenager I've ever seen! Maybe the full hormonal load hasn't kicked in yet :)

afm - trigger shot tonight and er sunday! I'm cautiously excited. They told me in the clinic they normally do 3dt unless embies are 'textbook perfect', then it's a 5dt. So it's getting really close... Come on eggies, be strong! :bodyb: :haha:

Thanks morana. I have 2 sisters and a brother so always lots of drama lol. She's the baby sister so that explains it;)
Peachy I finally watched Divergent today! I loved it and yes that guy is cute!

Lol - hey! I'm the baby sister of 6!! And I'm always giving and people are always taking! Just sayin...

So we had our first FET today. I HATE having to pee and my Dr was running behind so I had to lay there on the damn bed having to pee for like half an hour!! And DH kept making me laugh which made the time go by more quickly, but almost made me lose it!

Kay - so we're in the 2ww together now. How are you feeling?

Ironmom - I had to have two endometrial byopsies (once before and once after ovulation the month before my transfer to try and make the embryo stick better). It wasn't pleasant, but also not terrible. Picture a pap x 10.

Breaking Dawn - Good luck tomorrow on your FET. We'll be 2ww'ers together. I didn't do a medical protocol other than I started progesterone on Sunday night and I began taking baby aspirin today.

I have a quick question for anyone who has had a transfer before - I have a weird fluttery/pinchy feeling near where I think my left ovary is since the transfer. I didn't have that last time for the fresh cycle. I keep thinking my uterus must be contracting and I read somewhere, you want it to be as calm as possible...any thoughts?

TS

Lanet - Nearly 34. I wasn't married to the ex at the time she was born, if that caused the confusion. I was on BC at the time - Depo Provera. I really hope I can embrace ALL the stages...

Morana - Thanks, I am glad they hung in there! I'm exactly the same, the bugs prefer my blood to all those around me.Yep, SOAP - I got two! https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=5186&prodid=6209&bid=474

It'll be 9 hours. So as long as here to TX or CA. Not too bad. He'll be delighted and will enjoy every second. We're actually going first class because he wanted to treat his g-ma and we have LOADS of points and had a 2-for-1 offer.

My brother was AMAZINGLY easy and sweet. He's 18 and will be 19 soon. I waited for the bomb to explode, and it never did. Maybe boys are just different...?

I hope your eggies are EGG-traordiary!! Wishing you a great ER! You're getting closer every second. :happydance:

Kay - so we're in the 2ww together now. How are you feeling?

Team - YAY!!! Congratulations on your FET. Sending you my best wishes!

I am feeling fine. Nothing really to report. I'm trying to balance taking it easy with keeping busy to help the time pass. I'm not nearly as consumed as I thought I'd be. I feel like I might just make it to 7dp5dt to test. I read online (non-forum) that the trigger can stay 10 days so I want to make sure it's out since I know it was still there the morning of my transfer. So, I'm not super tempted to test early because I don't want a false positive.

TeamS and Kay....goodluxj ladies. I join you tomorrow as my FET is at 930am...eek!

TeamS...i am on a few things in addition to progesterone.

Did you take progesterone supps?? On the day of FET did you put it in after transfer for your morning dose?

Breaking - Good luck for your FET tomorrow!! I hope it all goes smoothly. Can't wait for you to join the 2ww party! :-D

Morana yes the tornadoes passed us by. It's tornado season and I'm in tornado alley so it's common. We live near Joplin, mo, which had a devestating tornado 3 years ago, hundred of people died. Very scary.
So exciting that you get to trigger tonight! Good luck!
Kay and team congrats on being in the 2ww together. Kay I was also a good teen. My mom still introduces me as her good kid. Lol.
Breaking good luck tomorrow!
All of you girls are moving right along!

Kay, Lanet...thanks ladies!!

I am at home just chilling with DH ordered some food....feeling nervous. Eek!

Team, Kay and Breaking- Sending you all lots of sticky vibes!

I had my blood test this morning 10dp5dt was 926. With DD it was around 400. Weirdly enough my boobs don't hurt at all which has me a bit concerned but I have the mother of all headaches which is typical for me during pregnancy. Next beta on Thursday lets see what happens. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Breaking - I'm glad you're home and resting. Nervous seems to be the norm. I hope your feet are up and your meal was good! Now we just wait.

Seoul - Congratulations!!! That is great, hopefully that number fills you with confidence. My boobs have hurt this whole process - but now painful in a way I didn't know was possible. Maybe your are just experienced from your DD? Just a theory supported by nothing. ;-) :shrug:

Lanet - Still?! Goodness, you must've been angelic! I doubt I'll be so lucky - I'm pretty spirited and I'm sure my kid(s) will give me hell.

Team - How are you feeling today?

Kay I wasn't angelic, my older siblings just set the bar really low;) haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->