First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Lanet - Cliffhangers like that are the worst. At least you know he's alive though! Nine months seems like a crazy long time between seasons. You can imagine your own Fiona/Jimmy reunion in the meantime.

Morana - That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you and rooting for your little ones. :thumbup:

Red - Hi! How are you doing? Did the appointment go ok?

Breaking - It's so true we have their real FIRST picture and something the others don't. We do picture books and I took a picture of all my empty pens, bottles, syringes, EVERYTHING - so that our eventual little one will know that they were desperately wanted and we tried really hard to get them.

That is an incredibly cute 'code name' and very sweet actual names too! I refuse to share (save for a scant few) my chosen names - I had one stolen from me years ago by someone close to me and felt violated. I do know and can share that all my kids will have the initials of their father; that's non-negotiable. It's a tradition from my mom's family. I have my dad's initials, my mom & her sibs have their dad's, and my grandfather and his sibs had the same as their dad (I'm not sure if it goes beyond that but I'd like to think so.) Since my mom died so young, it will be my way of honoring her.

Hi. I am new to this forum. We did our first IVF in March and now I am in the dreaded 2 week wait. We transferred 3 embryos on day 3. DH and I agreed to wait for our beta and not do a HPT. Problem is he travels and I am at home with plenty of time to over analyze everything. So on day 9 I took a HPT and it was negative. :-( Then today on day 11 I took another one and it was negative too. :-( My beta is in 3 days. What's the possibility of that frown turning upside down?

We have been trying for 2 1/2 years. I am diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and also severe endometriosis so the odds are already against me.

Thank you in advance for all of your feedbacks.

Kay- That's a neat tradition. In my husbands family the first boy has the dad's name as his middle name I love those little kinds of traditions.

team- that's great you have the video. I love the nickname and it is so cool you have a pic of your little banana i never had it given to me but I love that they left me in a room with their image on the screen so I could talk to them before the transfer :)

lanet- waiting 9 months is torture but hopefully you will be busy planning for a little one during that time :coffee:

Morana- Great news on your embies wishing you the best of luck at ET.

AFM unpatiently waiting for Thursday to get here :coffee:

Ski - Hi & welcome! This is also my first cycle of IVF and I too am in the 2ww. It certainly earns the 'dreaded' reputation. I, obviously, have no real first-hand knowledge since it's my first time but there are stories abound of people having negative HPTs and positive betas. I think anything is possible and nothing is more definitive than your beta, so try to hang in there and wait for it -then you'll know for sure. Sorry I'm unhelpful. :flower:

Seoul - Is it your u/s that's on Thursday? Time passes SO slowly when you need it to hurry along, doesn't it?

Will you follow the tradition if your little one is a boy?

Seoul and Kay, yes hopefully I'll have a nice distraction for the 9 months, but this 3 week delay is taking long enough. I keep thinking this was supposed to be the week and instead I'm sitting here getting fat from bcp:(
Seoul Thursday is my bday, hopefully it's a great day for you!
Ski I agree with Kay, and it depends on the test etc. I will definetely be taking an hpt, I couldnt bear to hear bad news from a beta.

Kay...Love the idea of honouring that name tradition....

TeamS....how are you?

Anyone tempted to test yet? Lol

I have been testing... The test line today in person looks only marginally darker than the one from yesterday, I figure if I was actually pregnant it would be a lot darker by now? Although yesterday's was first morning urine and todays was about the 4th urine.Today I am 7dp5dt, my trigger shot I took Wed 26th March at 12.30am. Does that make me 13 or 14 days past trigger?

Attachments

• kjk 003.jpg
    kjk 003.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 10
  • vvvv 001.jpg
    vvvv 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 10
  • clearer7dp5dt.jpg
    clearer7dp5dt.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
TeamS....how are you?

I'm doing good Breaking! It's tough not symptom spotting though. I know progesterone mimics pregnancy symptoms, so I'm trying not to read into lower abdomen cramps and slight nausea this morning on 3DP5DT...so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I am not personally tempted to test yet because I can't stand the sight of a blank beside the control line, or even worse the "Not pregnant" on the digital. My heart breaks a little each time, and I don't know if I can take it again!!! How about you?

TeamS....how are you?

I'm doing good Breaking! It's tough not symptom spotting though. I know progesterone mimics pregnancy symptoms, so I'm trying not to read into lower abdomen cramps and slight nausea this morning on 3DP5DT...so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I am not personally tempted to test yet because I can't stand the sight of a blank beside the control line, or even worse the "Not pregnant" on the digital. My heart breaks a little each time, and I don't know if I can take it again!!! How about you?

I'm right behind you at 2dp5dt. And you're right all that progesterone doenst help with the symptoms......I also had slight nausea this morning ....lol.

I'm scared to test but wish I could test but I don't want to test :dohh::nope:

I also hate those stark white tests too!!!

[/QUOTE] I'm right behind you at 2dp5dt. And you're right all that progesterone doenst help with the symptoms......I also had slight nausea this morning ....lol.

I'm scared to test but wish I could test but I don't want to test :dohh::nope:

I also hate those stark white tests too!!![/QUOTE]

Lol at "scared to test..wish could test...don't want to test"..I hear ya! But I don't think there's ever been a BFP this early anyway has there? Hold on a few days!

kay- my second beta is on Thursday I wish it were the u/s but I must wait at least another week or two for that I think.

Breaking- I was able to hold off until 4dp and that was it I am hopelessly impatient :S

Molly- are those cheapie tests? The only reason I ask is my First Response Early response was no doubtly positive even darker than the control line at 6dp5dt but when I did the target and an internet cheapie they were ever so light. they were still pretty light on those at 9dp5dt and I had a super high beta the next day at 10dp5dt. It looks like that is a positive test and that your line is getting darker each day. Hope it is a sticky bean for you :)

Molly- are those cheapie tests? The only reason I ask is my First Response Early response was no doubtly positive even darker than the control line at 6dp5dt but when I did the target and an internet cheapie they were ever so light. they were still pretty light on those at 9dp5dt and I had a super high beta the next day at 10dp5dt. It looks like that is a positive test and that your line is getting darker each day. Hope it is a sticky bean for you :)

These test are first response cheapies- not the early response ones. I hope it is positive! I'll be doing another in the AM just to compare :)

Breaking and Team - I might as well admit it. I broke yesterday and did it early. I was also foolish enough to not use my most sensitive test (a super cheap internet one). It was totally blank next to the control. :dohh:

However, my reason for doing had less to do with wanting a real answer but to test on 5dp5dt because the 5's matched. (And once you explained the dating equation, Breaking, I felt justified.) Silly I know, my thing with numbers takes over sometimes.

I always planned to test using a FRER at 7dp5dt and again (and of course 14dp5dt on my ODT). I know it is still VERY early and am not really set back by yesterday (truly) - I wasn't even going to say on here that I'd done it because I knew better. But I do encourage you both to wait as long as you can. No need to expose yourselves to the ugliness of a blank spot. :nope:

Seoul - It's Tuesday so Thursday is now just the day after tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have another awesome beta. :hugs:

Molly - Fingers crossed for you!

SO many people waiting to test - best of luck to everyone!! I love seeing test photos - especially ones like molly's.

I went to the dr last week and I didn't miscarry the entire thing.... yuck, I know. The sac was still in there but was smaller. She gave me another round of pills, I took them Sunday and had the same result. I am still bleeding though so I think that is good. Calling the clinic for an ultrasound tomorrow. Fingers crossed ladies, I do no want a DnC,

Does anyone know how long you have to wait after a dnc to try again with IVF?

TeamS...yes 2dp is to early to test for sure...but I'm thinking ahead to when I can test and I'm scared thinking of it.

Kay...many many women test starting at 5dp5dt (10dpo). don't feel defeated. It is too early....and you're right stark white bfns are awful. hold off for a couple more days!

Redbrick I'm sorry, I'm sure you are just ready for it to be over at this point. I wish I knew the answer, I would think they might want a natural cycle in between d&c and ivf but I really have no idea.

Kay, TeamS, Seoul, Breaking, SKI_trying, MollyNorwood - Fx for everybody waiting to test! So exciting and nerve wrecking :)

Red - so sorry... Hopefully second set of pills works. I think they might wait 2-3 cycles as I had to wait 3 after every time. Mine have included fibroid removals though, so I might be wrong.

Kay8 - aren't you supposed to be having fun in India? :winkwink: And not think about testing?

Messica - That's scary! Good thing you guys are OK. How are you doing?

Lanet - Jimmy's back?! Makes sense :D Hate cliffhangers... Just watched season finale of Walking Dead. Kinda saw it coming but didn't guess all the details :D

I wonder if I can make DB film the ultrasound of transfer. Poor guy almost passed out giving me trigger shot (and he wanted to be a doctor! LOL, good thing he changed his mind).

So I tested again today at 8dp5dt...

Attachments

• fgftgtgh 004.jpg
    fgftgtgh 004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
Kay, TeamS, Seoul, Breaking, SKI_trying, MollyNorwood - Fx for everybody waiting to test! So exciting and nerve wrecking :)

Hate cliffhangers... Just watched season finale of Walking Dead. Kinda saw it coming but didn't guess all the details :D

I wonder if I can make DB film the ultrasound of transfer. Poor guy almost passed out giving me trigger shot (and he wanted to be a doctor! LOL, good thing he changed his mind).

Thanks! The wait is killing me. Trying not to symptom spot!

Finale of Walking Dead, I sort of saw it coming too...cannibalism is a hard plot to sell to viewers though, so that was pretty gross!!

What does DB mean? Darling Brother? Tell him that the ultrasound transfer is much easier than stabbing with needles!! All he has to do is watch the screen!

P.S. There was NO WAY I was letting my hubby stab me with the needles, it was freaky enough knowing I was the one deciding pressure and timing!!

Red - Fingers crossed tightly for you. I am so sorry that it isn't resolving quicker because it stops you from moving forward and causes the disappointment to linger. Good luck for the next U/S.

Breaking - I planned to test tomorrow (from the beginning) but am now having doubts. I don't want another negative result even if it is still possible to be pregnant. :nope:

Morana - If only - it would be much better, I don't leave until Friday. :growlmad: Worrying about the testing (& lack of symptoms) is currently my major preoccupation, tomorrow though I will start packing. That'll shift my focus. I was super distracted initially and each day was going fine then it fell off the rails Sunday. Yesterday, I kept pretty busy walking all over creation gathering kitchen brochures. We will need to convert the existing kitchen into a nursery and move it into the 'lounge' as they say - more US style with the kitchen & living room all in one large room, once we're well into our second trimester (with either these babies or whenever it actually works), so I've started the idea planning to keep me busy.

My guy is super queasy too (watched zero injections, he could have never given them), HATES hospitals, and did ok during the transfer - he even stood up to get a better view.

Team - I think DB is Darling Boyfriend but I could be wrong.

So I typed "How do you symptom spot?" but before I posted I realized I was being a complete idiot. I was thinking of bleeding spotting and I was wondering "how do you make yourself spot?!" I could've kept it to myself but it was SO stupid it's worth sharing to give someone else a laugh. :dohh:

Molly - Yay! It is definitely getting darker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->