First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red - Glad your D& C went well, its always an added bonus to have a hot doctor doing it...but sometimes can make you feel uncomfortable. I have had experience like that and I can't seem to take the stupid grin off my face when it happens, and I feel really shy to look into his eyes..

Lanet- Happy Birthday, yes..drink up while you can :)...when I was cruising it was torture to look at people getting inebriated while I sip water :(

Peachy - I can definitely feel the lo now and I can't wait when I can have DH get to feel it too. My DD's say they will give him a moniker of Squiddy, because when we were on the ship, I ordered Calamari as my appetizer all the time :)..Pregnancy is hitting me big time... I am lazy and very unproductive...I have cases that I have not touched for days and weeks now...I am not sure if its the pregnancy or I'm having cognitive dissonance...I can't seem to write a pleading and file oppositions when I know the client is simply taking advantage of the system (of course I can't tell that to the client...but I am seriously thinking of telling the office to have someone else work on it...its still within statute of limitations anyway)...I am freaking stressed and I wish I can just run this off....lol..I want another vacation really but so afraid to travel far...

Its nice to hear all the positive in this thread...good vibes.

Kay - have a safe flight to India.

Team - I did see that faint line too..sending you sticky vibes!

Seoul- twins maybe...how exciting!

AFM - I am starting to show and I did buy very few maternity clothes, I asked for hands me down from friends who were pregnant one or two years ago and luckily I got some...I did buy some but mostly necessities such as the maternity bras, maternity band, maternity corporate suits, maternity panties...they are more expensive than regular clothes...I didn't buy a lot because I figure I am only going to use it for nine months. I compared my bump to some women who were on the same weeks with me and I am small compared to them...but then again, with my two DD's they didn't show until six months :)

Mono I'm starting to show too and I'm not even pregnant yet;)
Seoul awesome beta!!!
Redbrick I'm with peachy that the d&c was probably a good thing. I'm glad you can get started again soon.
Team I can see the line!
Kay I'm a weirdo that had to clean my house spotless before vacay anyway bc I hate coming home to a dirty house.
Thanks for the bday wishes. I had a glass of wine last night. I'm dreaming about my Japanese hibachi dinner tonight!!! And dh and dd got me a gift certificate to a spa and I think I'm going to use it for a mani/pedi.

Mono it's ok to feel that way and perhaps passing those kinds of cases off is for the best. You are to be small as like Lanet I am already showing with no Bob's. Squiddy is adorable but let's hope that doesn't continue after he shows up poor guy : ) . I use Bob for baby(ies) on board : )

My appt went well I think. He said we will never know why it didn't work but it's a numbers game (knew that) i have a 50/50 shot of it just not progressing or it having been tubal. Next cycle we will do an endometrial scratch to try and attract the embryos to implant there and start off with higher doses of meds for the first few days to get more follicles going and stim for 1 more day. He said our eggs,sperm and embryos look great so we're just going to try to get more eggs. Got my stitch out too and I didn't know that was today so was embarrassed as all hell because I haven't shaved. Nuts

Haha peachy, that's funny that you forgot to shave, in sure they've seen worse. I wax, and only before a dr appt lol.
The endometrial scratch sounds like a good plan! And the different dosing! Do you feel better about it?

Honestly I'm just afraid it's never going to work. He said he cannot guarantee me that it will work but he has absolutely no evidence that it won't. I am glad he's tweaking things and I've heard good things about the scratching. So I will try to be positive about that. He thinks if we get more eggs we will have a better shot at freezing since my numbers were right on this time. I have to have a good egg somewhere in there right? Like 1st cycle out of 9 fertilized 5 went to blast and this time 4 fertilized and 2 went to blast. So it's about half each time and 1 this time was just below requirements to freeze. I hope you get lots of eggs to choose from : ). He did say that it's important to give ovaries a chance to rest as doing back to back cycles can elicit a decreased response to the meds. I hope that wasn't bunnies issue. So hopefully it goes better next time and we have more.

It does seem to be the consensus to have a break between cycles. I would certainly need to. I'm glad your dr is trying something different though. Sounds like a good one.
My dh brought me donuts from this crazy local donut shop and they are like crack! Cannot stop!!
https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q219/kristylanet/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5.jpg

I've heard good things about the scratching.

Peachy - We've been trying for just shy of 3 years. I had the endometrial scratch last month and as you saw, this morning I saw a line. Obviously I am still in the very cautious stage, but I haven't seen a line on a pregnancy test in over two years so...the scratch may indeed be doing what it's supposed to! Good luck!

lanet - Happy birthday!!!

Seoul - great numbers! Very excited for you

Kay - have a safe flight, hope you have a lot fun on your trip and disconnect even for a little bit

Mononoke - I'm shocked, there are pregnancy panties?!

Team - I can see the line too, yay for the second line :)

Red - sucks you had to have a d&c but yay for hot doctor! :) I"m glad you're feeling better. It's nice you can start again so soon, enjoy your break from the needles

afm - enjoying the side effects of progesterone, it feels like af is about to show up any minute. Hopefully it doesn't :)

Thanks Team. I've never had a problem with implantation but he's hoping it draws it to the scratch rather than my little tube : )

Morana everyone feels like that it's perfectly normal : )

Lanet for once I am glad my husband isn't that thoughtful Lol

Oh Seoul, I am so beyond thrilled for you!!!

And team - I will be keeping fingers crossed for you! How exciting!

Mono - I dream of the day I can buy maternity bras and bands again, until then I will bask in your details lol

Lanet - I seriously started drooling over the pic of your donuts.....what a good hubs you have!!!

Red - catching up on the thread I'm so glad to see you're feeling better :flower:

Kay - if you're willing I hope you share some pics of your trip!

Peachy - We had monitoring Mon, Tue and Wed and the I hadn't shaved since last Saturday.....tbh all the driving got me to a state where I just didn't care anymore. I'm betting (and was banking on the idea that) they've seen far worse over the years lol

afm - 11 days of stims and we're looking at 8/9 follicles, the last couple are not catching up for beans despite our best efforts. Just did my trigger at 7:30. Retrieval will be butt crack of dawn Saturday morning, (God willing) transfer will then be next Thursday. I am straight up done with needles at this point and will be picking up progesterone suppositories after retrieval in lieu of the PIO. The last couple of days one, two, three - *poke* was turning into one, two, three, four.....seventeen, eighteen, nineteen........thirty-six, thirty-.......UGH!!!! I'm tired and bloated with weird back cramps/twinges but not having loads of eggs I'm sure is what's kept this tolerable. I feel for all those who have had many many more, I can't imagine what that must feel like!

Messica sorry the driving sucks. I hate driving. I know it all gets to be overwhelming but I pray you have eggs maybe even more than one in each follicle so Congratulations on getting to trigger!!

Messica wow you're already done! Good luck on your retrieval! 8/9 sounds like a good number!
Peachy I almost wish I was having endometrial scratch, how do they do it? Sounds painful!
Morana a little cramping could be a good thing!
Peachy I have serous donut remorse right now and I just got off the treadmill hoping to burn off at least a sprinkle. Tomorrow I'm going on a diet! At least counting calories until I start stims, I'm way too short for any more pounds.
Oh and I got the spy birdhouse thing for my bday!!!

Peachy and Messica speaking of driving, my dh heard on the news and was trying to keep from me that there is a random shooter in Kansas City shooting at cars and the FBI is involved! 17 so far. Now I'm going to be a REALLY nervous driver when I go back! Hopefully they catch him before then. Maybe that's why my cycle got delayed, God was protecting me.

He said it doesn't hurt and that it will be included so I don't have to pay extra. Are you sure it's not the chimps running around?

Yay for the birdhouse! My husband hasn't even put mine up yet : ( . Think I will do it myself tomorrow or there's no hope for any to even come.

Lol could be! I would love to see a chimp! But no, random shooter on the hwy. comforting!
That's awesome that it's included! How can it not hurt?!

It's crazy that they escaped their enclosure. I didn't ask if I had to do the sono again but maybe they just do it during that. Wish I were rich and didn't have to worry about it. I wonder what ccrm does that they have such high success rates. You'd think all other clinics would do the same as them wouldn't you?

Are you at a ccrm clinic? I'm so skeptical about some success rates after reading reviews about some not taking patients if they are not an ideal case, so it won't hurt their rates.

No but I've seen on a lot on TV about that colorado clinic and people come from all over to go there. If I remember right it was more expensive than most and there's quite the waiting list as well. However I agree there are lots of variables on success rates. Although everything on paper says I'm a perfect candidate and look at my story. You just never know. Not everyone can afford to keep trying until they find the right one.

Peachy and Lanet - the endo scratch is not horrible, but it's not painless either. Picture a pap x 10. They are literally poking and scratching your uterus with a long thin needle type thing.

As far as price goes...I just found out yesterday that Ontario is about to approve one free IVF cycle for women with fertility issues. Quebec and other few provinces already provide this, however before we did our 1 and only round of IVF we researched to see if Ontario was likely to follow suit and the resounding answer was no. So...imagine how cheated I feel this morning that a mere 4 months after my retrieval my government is considering funding it...GAH!

Oh well, I guess if it works, it won't matter to me in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->